Bama vs Georgia

AU64

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes! It is amazing right? You can keep your same philosophy and change up the play calls, formations, etc. Crazy right? And guess what? For most coaches, it doesn't take 2-4 games to do it.

Well I wasn't going for a jab on our staff but I edited my post to make it a little clearer. 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Well I wasn't going for a jab on our staff but I edited my post to make it a little clearer. 

That is how it is done. That is part of where we need to improve on. That is the only way you get better. Look at the best, take something from them and hope to ingrain it in your characteristics. There is nothing wrong with saying that. Both players and coaches could've learned a lot today if they chose to watch and most athletes and coaches do that very thing.

Just now, DAG said:

That is how it is done. That is part of where we need to improve on. That is the only way you get better. Look at the best, take something from them and hope to ingrain it in your characteristics. There is nothing wrong with saying that. Both players and coaches could've learned a lot today if they chose to watch and most athletes and coaches do that very thing.

Not disagreeing with you, I was just giving credit to the true freshman rather their OC. WDE

Latest case where a backup QB comes in and plays like. A Heisman trophy winner. 

Wonder if Hurts' QB career is done at bama ?

Just now, AU64 said:

Not sure, but the QB position will be up for grabs this spring, and it should be.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

In the National Chanpionship no less.

Never have seen that before.

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Committee looking really good....giving bama the slot without having to earn it ...

The committee is looking good.

The wr who caught the pass was a freshman too? The LT that came in and played was a freshman......today is going to be tough

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bama was a no-brainer pick, the safest pick. But yes, they look pretty smart.

Just now, cole256 said:

The wr who caught the pass was a freshman too? The LT that came in and played was a freshman......today is going to be tough

I've gotten good practice over the last 10 years, :( , learning to ignore the Bams.

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Kirby bailed them out ? 

Folks complain about Gus going conservative.....If so, that was a very Gus-like 2nd half by UGA.....but actually I think both coaches were counting on their defense.. which did not come through. 

A good game to watch where I did not care much who won 

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There is a true-freshman movement....and I bet Gus will pass on it. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Folks complain about Gus going conservative.....If so, that was a very Gus-like 2nd half by UGA.....but actually I think both coaches were counting on their defense.. which did not come through. 

Holding onto a second half league is like being up five in cornhole and sitting on a 20-15 lead. All of a sudden, the pressure is on the strongest performer to not bust. The game was very 2013 like. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Holding onto a second half league is like being up five in cornhole and sitting on a 20-15 lead. All of a sudden, the pressure is on the strongest performer to not bust. The game was very 2013 like. 

Like 2013....critical missed tackle late was the turning point....all down hill for dawgs after Tua got away from 4 defenders who had him for a loss.

Heck of a game there. Gotta give Saban and co props on it, dude made the necessary changes and is a heck of a coach. A scumbag yes, but still a heck of a coach. 

I'm not trying to knock on Jarrett Stidham; I think he's a good QB. But after watching last night's game, I just couldn't help but feel so jealous that UGA has Fromm and Bama has Tua. True freshman QBs playing for all the marbles who showed NO sign of freaking out.

Not that Jarrett doesn't keep his composure...but I personally thought he lost his composure at the worst times...the SEC Championship and the Peach Bowl. And I hope Gus and Lindsey were taking notes. That's one hell of a coaching job on QB development by both UGA and Bama.

Listening to bammers at work is hilarious.  They are actually complaining about the refs saying they didn't want them to win the game.  lol

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

We had our shot and blew it :puke:

Does anyone on this board think Auburn wins v/s UGA in the SEC Championship Game if KJ were 100% and we don't lose two of our best defenders in game?

19 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

I'm not trying to knock on Jarrett Stidham; I think he's a good QB. But after watching last night's game, I just couldn't help but feel so jealous that UGA has Fromm and Bama has Tua. True freshman QBs playing for all the marbles who showed NO sign of freaking out.

Not that Jarrett doesn't keep his composure...but I personally thought he lost his composure at the worst times...the SEC Championship and the Peach Bowl. And I hope Gus and Lindsey were taking notes. That's one hell of a coaching job on QB development by both UGA and Bama.

Both guys carried their teams and not the other way around.   They made plays when under duress, handled severe pass rushes.....and made plays.   JMO but some guys have it (mental toughness)  as college QBs and some don't ....some look the part and we've seen them all over the conference on signing day...but don't seem to quite get it done. Coaches do what they can do, but it's up to the player to put the instruction into practice.  

Those two guys look good because they have the "it" and not because some coaches waved  wands over them and made them into good college quarterbacks in 4 months.  So how many QBs did bama and uga not develop?  ...including Hurts if you ask me,  because he is a second year QB who only looks as good (as a QB) as the rest of the team allows.  JS seems to have the "it" but I'm not sure .....that's what next season should show. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Does anyone on this board think Auburn wins v/s UGA in the SEC Championship Game if KJ were 100% and we don't lose two of our best defenders in game?

where do I sign up? 

19 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Listening to bammers at work is hilarious.  They are actually complaining about the refs saying they didn't want them to win the game.  lol

Smh... complaining???  First of all, they won, why complain?  Second, they got away with plenty of calls (face mask).  Typical bammers.... 

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

chubb 16 carries,  21 yards.  Has nothing to do with play call has to do with the player

So sending Fromm wide was a solid play call on first down??

11 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

So sending Fromm wide was a solid play call on first down??

You can't argue with a "coach"

13 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

Smh... complaining???  First of all, they won, why complain?  Second, they got away with plenty of calls (face mask).  Typical bammers.... 

The missed false start on punt and the missed facemask was huge. Momentum was all uga and it seemed to swing

Archived