#48 for bammer

Swamp Eagle

No, not national championships...I'm interested to see what, if anything, Saban will do to a player who punched another coach/staff member.  It was inexcusable and should not be tolerated. Malzahn would have sent him packing during the game.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to a morning presser with Saban and a few players. Saban was asked about 48's actions. He eluded to the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and got heated with the reporter about why do you pick out one negative with all the positives they had.  The reporter clarified and referred to the confrontation with an assistant.  Saban said that he had no idea what the reporter was talking about. Are we supposed to believe that the micro manager, Saban, was not told of this after it happened.  IMO, he knew. 

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I listened to a morning presser with Saban and a few players. Saban was asked about 48's actions. He eluded to the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and got heated with the reporter about why do you pick out one negative with all the positives they had.  The reporter clarified and referred to the confrontation with an assistant.  Saban said that he had no idea what the reporter was talking about. Are we supposed to believe that the micro manager, Saban, was not told of this after it happened.  IMO, he knew. 

Well, the whole football-watching world saw it and can find it on the interwebz, Saban has no excuse for not looking into it. 

11 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, the whole football-watching world saw it and can find it on the interwebz, Saban has no excuse for not looking into it. 

I can believe he probably didn't know about it during the game but has since seen it. I mean he was not near the incident at the time and had more important things to focus on than #48. His position coach should've been the one to pull him and make him sit on the bench the rest of the game. I know if i was head coach that's what i'd want my assistant coach to do, especially if i wasn't aware of the situation at that moment. 

10 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I can believe he probably didn't know about it during the game but has since seen it. I mean he was not near the incident at the time and had more important things to focus on than #48. His position coach should've been the one to pull him and make him sit on the bench the rest of the game. I know if i was head coach that's what i'd want my assistant coach to do, especially if i wasn't aware of the situation at that moment. 

If he didn't see it happen, its not something he would have been told about during the game, I agree. All that being said, who cares?

Just now, Barnacle said:

If he didn't see it happen, its not something he would have been told about during the game, I agree. All that being said, who cares?

Agree. 

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Well, I brought it up to emphasize that this is the price the midget is willing to pay for success. I will not be surprised if it's never brought up again, especially in the nick-sucking Alabama sports media.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, I brought it up to emphasize that this is the price the midget is willing to pay for success. I will not be surprised if it's never brought up again, especially in the nick-sucking Alabama sports media.

What else is new? 

NO way he knew during the game. Probably won't fully digest it till today or later. That said IF HE DID know during the game... like if he had seen it, that would be a swift take his ass to the locker room and take that jersey off moment. 

I also don't blame him for not wanting to address it last night.

You come at a coach like that - your butt is gone. To the locker room and then home. You'll be lucky to walk back on that football field.

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

NO way he knew during the game. Probably won't fully digest it till today or later. That said IF HE DID know during the game... like if he had seen it, that would be a swift take his ass to the locker room and take that jersey off moment. 

I also don't blame him for not wanting to address it last night.

I agree. I don't like Saban but I believe after he has a chance to see it there will be some action.  Probably between the player and coaches we may never know what discipline occurred. No coach can allow a player to take a swing at a coach without some discipline or the program breaks down.

I'm amused that this is even an issue.  Those kids are national champions for a reason and it's not because they were the "best" team.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't sent to the locker room because he can do things like this when it matters most...

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The man is the best in the business today.  He's got some hell raisers on his team, a lot of street tough guys with bad intentions and little to no proper "raising."  Since most programs recruit from the same talent pool, I'd venture to say all programs have a few players that need to learn respect and manners.

27 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm amused that this is even an issue.  Those kids are national champions for a reason and it's not because they were the "best" team.  I'm pretty sure he wasn't sent to the locker room because he can do things like this when it matters most...

I'd say that was a clean tackle. Crazy he was able to hold on to him and remain upright. lol

Just now, Linayus said:

I'd say that was a clean tackle. Crazy he was able to hold on to him and remain upright. lol

He's a heat seeking missile.  Sometimes they explode and cause a little collateral damage...exactly what happened on the sideline with Stevenson.

44 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree. I don't like Saban but I believe after he has a chance to see it there will be some action.  Probably between the player and coaches we may never know what discipline occurred. No coach can allow a player to take a swing at a coach without some discipline or the program breaks down.

was that even a coach? don't they have like 50 assistants or whatever.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Could have been some other staff person I don't know but same issue.  No coach can allow a player to hit a coach or staff person.  I believe Saban will do something but many of incidents of this type are dealt with confidentially between coach and player.

"It has been handled internally."

9 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

It was Kerry Stevenson, Alabama’s director of player personnel

Archived