#48 for bammer

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Transfer was already in the works.....    mmmhhhmmmm.......

Apparently he was enrolled at Tennessee State a month ago. How does he play for one school while being enrolled at another ?

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Apparently he was enrolled at Tennessee State a month ago. How does he play for one school while being enrolled at another ?

From the article: “The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville reported that Brown had actually applied and been admitted to the school more than a month before the national championship.”

I’m not sure about the terminology, but admitted may mean you’ve been approved to take classes and enrolled means you’ve signed up for and are taking classes or you’re about to take classes?

40 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, even if it was against NCAA rules.... Awww, it's bammer.  Rules?  Who are we kidding?

52 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm not sure how NCAA student-athletes are treated, but my child is a  full time student at AU who has applied, been accepted, enrolled and is registered for classes with another college for a summer class.  All it took was a transient letter from Auburn which showed that AU would allow the kid  to take the class and would accept the credits from the course.  I don't know why student-athletes would be treated any differently, but the NCAA is so weird, who knows?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't know why student-athletes would be treated any differently, but the NCAA is so weird, who knows?

C'mon K....you know that athletes are not regular students.....they are treated differently in uncountable ways and I'm betting that playing football at one school and being enrolled at another might be one of those ways.  .   

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

C'mon K....you know that athletes are not regular students.....they are treated differently in uncountable ways and I'm betting that playing football at one school and being enrolled at another might be one of those ways.  .   

You're right.  Meanwhile, daddy just paid the tuition for that summer class because my "little Miss" doesn't want to take Micro Biology at Auburn next Fall, it's too hard and time consuming........   She'd rather knock it out in 5 weeks as an online class this summer so that it won't interfere with the Fall activities on the Plains. :-\

34 minutes ago, keesler said:

You're right.  Meanwhile, daddy just paid the tuition for that summer class because my "little Miss" doesn't want to take Micro Biology at Auburn next Fall, it's too hard and time consuming........   She'd rather knock it out in 5 weeks as an online class this summer so that it won't interfere with the Fall activities on the Plains. :-\

Don’t blame her :laugh:. I made a 98 on a statistics mini-semester only because stats filled my mind so quickly I had the urge to regurgitate all the information by the time my final exam came. Now I don’t remember a damn thing that I learned other than the bell curve.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t blame her :laugh:. I made a 98 on a statistics mini-semester only because stats filled my mind so quickly I had the urge to regurgitate all the information by the time my final exam came. Now I don’t remember a damn thing that I learned other than the bell curve.

I remember the bell curve and how to calculate your odds of winning the lottery.  I don't play the lottery anymore.

I did Physics 2 as a transient student over summer break.  Same textbook as AU. Physics I was chapters 3/19 at AU.  Physics II at Calhoun was 8-11.   Got to fly to school at Calhoun several times as well.   Was a good summer pumping avgas at one airport, borrowing an airplane and going to class across town when my shift was over.  

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Smart girl, impressive as far as the overall ability to take the path of least resistance..

On 1/10/2018 at 9:57 PM, milehighfan said:

Reminds me of Saban's first year when he had suspended a WR, DJ Hall, ithink was his name, for a game against (I can't remember which team) Bama was losing at the half and guess what, the suspension was lifted. I have never cared much for or respected Saban since.

You have no idea of the full story on that deal. It was inexcusable. 

On 1/10/2018 at 9:57 PM, milehighfan said:

Reminds me of Saban's first year when he had suspended a WR, DJ Hall, ithink was his name, for a game against (I can't remember which team) Bama was losing at the half and guess what, the suspension was lifted. I have never cared much for or respected Saban since.

How do you not remember the game? It was against Louisiana Monroe and despite being inserted into the lineup they still lost.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:23 AM, aujeff11 said:

I was one of several that did Calc and Chem on Mini's during the summer at Southern Union just cause you could get English speaking instructors in the class and labs lol. Tuition was half the cost (if not more) at the time of Auburn's I think also. So I paid less, had people I could understand, and didn't join the very large group of students at AU that have to retake and pay again.

23 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I was one of several that did Calc and Chem on Mini's during the summer at Southern Union just cause you could get English speaking instructors in the class and labs lol. Tuition was half the cost (if not more) at the time of Auburn's I think also. So I paid less, had people I could understand, and didn't join the very large group of students at AU that have to retake and pay again.

This is why I'm not opposed to my daughter's choice to knock out a difficult course as long at AU accepts the credits.  The summer mini session was $414 total for 3 hours, at AU it would have been +$1,300 for the same exact 3 hrs using the same books/labs, etc.

On 1/17/2018 at 3:54 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

I don’t know about you but in my mini-mester, the schedule said the class lasted 4 hours each day and was five days a week... and it lasted every minute of four hours. I know several other classes got out only after a couple hours. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:51 PM, corchjay said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that on the sideline of a college game between a player and coach.  

Ohio State's Coach Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player on the sideline during the Gator Bowl game and it cost Hayes his job. That was 1978, probably before you were born, so you have an excuse for not remembering. :)  https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/23/woody-hayes-punch-clemson-ohio-state

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Ohio State's Coach Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player on the sideline during the Gator Bowl game and it cost Hayes his job. That was 1978, probably before you were born, so you have an excuse for not remembering. :)  https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/23/woody-hayes-punch-clemson-ohio-state

I was alive but don’t remember it However was aware of it happening.  Seems they handled him the next day by firing him.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Yep...was actually watching that game when it happened......and think OSU had been looking for a reason to get rid of Hayes...he was an irascible SOB and despite his record, he was wearing out his welcme .....the football version of Bobby Knight I guess.  

On 1/17/2018 at 3:54 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

Reason enough!  My only C at Auburn...CALCULUS, quarter one.  Reason?  Above.  Real reason?  My non-aptitude for letters and numbers mixed together.  I traded pre-med/pediatrics for teaching Kindergarten.  The salary doesn't match, but the non-numerical benefits and the blessings are worth it all.

Archived