Gus Malzahn at the AFCA Convention - Quotes

RunInRed

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I SWEAR you're a closet bammer..LOL

Why? Because I am objective? Not just typing up silly stuff to save face.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, DAG said:

Why? Because I am objective? Not just typing up silly stuff to save face.

They ought to flush closet bammers down the toilet like they used to on this site, you rotten scoundrel. 

7 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

You're just too good at it, though.

I assure you @DAG isn't anything remotely close to a bammer. Oh the thought....d3WpesN.gif

15 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I assure you @DAG isn't anything remotely close to a bammer. Oh the thought....d3WpesN.gif

He swears by it though. This changes things 

On 1/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, RunInRed said:

1. I think that this is sadly probably true under our previous athletic director :-\

2. No...no it's not Gus...no...just no

3. No sh** and he should know it was more or less his fault. We had the roster to beat anyone this year.

4. I think there has been enough said about this after the fact. Hope Gus realizes just how hot his seat was at one point or another. His mom jeans may have dampened the heat a little bit I suppose.

Gus lost some credibility with me this week.

Just after earning so much back in November.   What was the Mark Twain quote, "People can think of you as a fool or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt."   something like that.

I think what I am realizing and what everyone else needs to realize is Gus is who he is. IMO, he is not going to be a Dabo. 8-10 win coach and like most coaches, if he has the personnel, he can run the table and maybe win an NC. As OC, he is freaking excellent. My only new complaint with Gus is going to be having the team ready to beat teams they should beat. I can't accept the losses to UCF or LSU. Beating a VERY GOOD Uga team would be a tough order for anyone. Beating a VERY GOOD Clemson team at their place is a tough order. The reality is this is who we have folks. We got to ride the ship and hold on for a bumpy one. So, come opening week we have UW. I expect we could win, but if we lose, I wouldn't be surprised so there is no point in me stressing over that game or being frustrated with Gus. Just have us competitive is all I ask, each and every game. But who am I?

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think what I am realizing and what everyone else needs to realize is Gus is who he is. IMO, he is not going to be a Dabo. 8-10 win coach and like most coaches, if he has the personnel, he can run the table and maybe win an NC. As OC, he is freaking excellent. My only new complaint with Gus is going to be having the team ready to beat teams they should beat. I can't accept the losses to UCF or LSU. Beating a VERY GOOD Uga team would be a tough order for anyone. Beating a VERY GOOD Clemson team at their place is a tough order. The reality is this is who we have folks. We got to ride the ship and hold on for a bumpy one. So, come opening week we have UW. I expect we could win, but if we lose, I wouldn't be surprised so there is no point in me stressing over that game or being frustrated with Gus. Just have us competitive is all I ask, each and every game. But who am I?

All I've ever asked. He hasn't delivered. Maybe he will. He's still young in the profession. Like you said, is what it is. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

All I've ever asked. He hasn't delivered. Maybe he will. He's still young in the profession. Like you said, is what it is. 

Here-Here!

Exactly.  LSU, called off the dogs and Not competitive (hung D out to dry after good start).  Clemson, never competitive.  UCF, never competitive.  SECCG, I know there's a lot of excuses been laid out for them for that game but I still believe Gus' heart wasn't in that game as much as his game of chicken with AU & Arkansas.  Left his whole team out to dry.  The coaches weren't sure whether to prepare for a championship game or their next jobs.  Thus a tired, stale game-plan was trotted out (never mind playing the one-armed RB, etc).

Sorry...still chaps my hide, the lack of fire Gus teams seem to display 3-4 times per year.

EDIT: To clarify, specifically over the last 2-3 years, I should specifically be calling out the Offense and, less kicker, Special Teams.  I do NOT lump the Defense into this lack of preparedness & fire.  Props to the D!

Archived