Men Vs. Ole Miss

WarTiger

Don’t know how many watch Pearl’s Post game recaps with reporters but he is so impressive.  It is easy to see why his players like him. I love the fact he never fails to give the other team their props. I feel strongly he will not let the team get over confident. I watched the ole miss post game and he explained clearly the adjustments that were made. He talks about the fan base and how the support has been ahead of the play on the court.  He refers to individual players and specifically what they did well. I love the fact he said individual stats are not always indicative of a players contribution to a team win (paraphrasing).  I am so sold on him and this team. Onward and upward!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Don’t know how many watch Pearl’s Post game recaps with reporters but he is so impressive.  It is easy to see why his players like him. I love the fact he never fails to give the other team their props. I feel strongly he will not let the team get over confident. I watched the ole miss post game and he explained clearly the adjustments that were made. He talks about the fan base and how the support has been ahead of the play on the court.  He refers to individual players and specifically what they did well. I love the fact he said individual stats are not always indicative of a players contribution to a team win (paraphrasing).  I am so sold on him and this team. Onward and upward!

I said this a few times the last couple of years ... everyone should listen to Pearl's post game interviews - particularly with Rod.  He is brutally honest about the Auburn players both good and bad.  If he says a player played well, then he means it because he'll tell you when they didnt.  If he says they made adjustments, then believe it.  Because he'll tell you when they hosed it up and how.  He is honest about the other teams, but always in a respectful way.  I've found it refreshing how he talks about things during this time.  Not that he hides things in pressers or interviews - he is open then also.  It is just so on display when he has specific things to evaluate right after you watched the game.  Yes ... I also really like the guy.

19 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I said this a few times the last couple of years ... everyone should listen to Pearl's post game interviews - particularly with Rod.  He is brutally honest about the Auburn players both good and bad.  If he says a player played well, then he means it because he'll tell you when they didnt.  If he says they made adjustments, then believe it.  Because he'll tell you when they hosed it up and how.  He is honest about the other teams, but always in a respectful way.  I've found it refreshing how he talks about things during this time.  Not that he hides things in pressers or interviews - he is open then also.  It is just so on display when he has specific things to evaluate right after you watched the game.  Yes ... I also really like the guy.

I always make it a point to listen to stream the AU radio broadcast after the game ends specifically to hear Bruce's thoughts on the game. As you said he's so open and honest about everything and it's fun to hear him break things down immediately after the game.

Archived