The most difficult schedule in 2018

gr82b4au

Start out with Washington who will be top 10 and is picked to win the pac 12. Their QB is back. Uga and Al on the road of course. We also play TN this year. 

Look at our schedule compared to others in the sec. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Start out with Washington who will be top 10 and is picked to win the pac 12. Their QB is back. Uga and Al on the road of course. We also play TN this year. 

Look at our schedule compared to others in the sec. 

We should beat Tennessee. 

think Gus will start preparing before the Washington game or just use and existing gameplan?

Lets see if we can name a starting QB before September.

Auburn's schedule is tough, but maybe not the toughest of all SEC teams next year.

Just look at Tennessee's schedule.

Bama
UGA at Athens
Auburn at Auburn
USCe (9-4) at Columbia SC
plus WV Mountaineers at Charlotte NC in their opener
And they've beaten Florida only 1 time in the past 13 years - even managed to lose last year.

I think the Washington game will set the tone for our season.  We will be tested on both sides in the areas that we need to focus on.  Washington will have a talented quarterback airing it out on us, testing our DB's and our depth.  On the flip side, they return all of their secondary that was in the top 25 against the pass.  It will be a fun game, and we will need our fans to actually show up to this game.  Last two show-outs in the Mercedes Benz Stadium were not good (SEC Championship was not really our fault though).

47 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

think Gus will start preparing before the Washington game or just use and existing gameplan?

Lets see if we can name a starting QB before September.

Gus probably has a good idea who his QB will be and will announce that sometime in the summer.  The question is who he will start on the OL and at RB.  The combination of CHH and CGM deciding on these will continue until the LSU game.  I’m hoping Washington’s DT Veta Vea (#50, 6ft 5 and 340lbs) will turn pro, otherwise JS is going to get hurt.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Auburn's schedule is tough, but maybe not the toughest of all SEC teams next year.

Just look at Tennessee's schedule.

Bama
UGA at Athens
Auburn at Auburn
USCe (9-4) at Columbia SC
plus WV Mountaineers at Charlotte NC in their opener
And they've beaten Florida only 1 time in the past 13 years - even managed to lose last year.

LSU too.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-lsu-tigers-football-schedule.php

I fear O will be canned and they’ll go after someone like Kiffin. He’s someone who I’d love us to hire if Gus doesn’t work out. So seeing him at LSU = ugh.

As has often been the case, it's a tough neighborhood.

As has aways been the case, however (and thankfully), we only have to play'em one at a time.

Said this in another thread a few weeks back, but didn't get much response so I'll try again.

It is obvious to me that the big 3 in the SEC has become us, Bama, and UGA. We play both of them either 1 week or 2 weeks apart every year and if we win the West, we play them again one week after the Iron Bowl. Nobody in College Football runs a gauntlet of the 3 games we ran at the end of this year. I believe it would be in our best interest to try to move the UGA game from November to October and fill the UGA November slot with someone like Ole Miss, Arky, or Miss St., and then keep the cupcake game before the Iron Bowl. This would give us time to recoop from the UGA game and get ready for Bama, and then UGA the next week. Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Said this in another thread a few weeks back, but didn't get much response so I'll try again.

It is obvious to me that the big 3 in the SEC has become us, Bama, and UGA. We play both of them either 1 week or 2 weeks apart every year and if we win the West, we play them again one week after the Iron Bowl. Nobody in College Football runs a gauntlet of the 3 games we ran at the end of this year. I believe it would be in our best interest to try to move the UGA game from November to October and fill the UGA November slot with someone like Ole Miss, Arky, or Miss St., and then keep the cupcake game before the Iron Bowl. This would give us time to recoop from the UGA game and get ready for Bama, and then UGA the next week. Thoughts?

just hope Jimbo don't build anything out west. then you have 3out of 4 weeks of brutality. 

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

LSU too.

I fear O will be canned and they’ll go after someone like Kiffin. He’s someone who I’d love us to hire if Gus doesn’t work out. So seeing him at LSU = ugh.

DANG!  Good grief that is rough.  Your OC is Miami and SEC Easy are FL & GA.  Yes, that is a tough schedule.  Hope Miami beats em up bad so they are beat down before they show up to AU in week 3.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

LSU too.

You can argue they have the hardest. Us, UGA and Bama. Then they also have Miami. The wildcard is UF with Mullen. 

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn should be undefeated going into Athens. There is not a school on Auburn's schedule, prior to uga, that will have better personnel than Auburn.

Beating Washington is going to be a YUGE challenge IMO.

29 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Auburn should be undefeated going into Athens. There is not a school on Auburn's schedule, prior to uga, that will have better personnel than Auburn.

OL is way too unknown for this sort of prognostication.

38 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

We will have to play extremely well to beat Washington. Like I said, they are favored to the pac 12 And they have one of the best quarterbacks in the country returning.And they have one of the best quarterbacks in the country returning.

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We will have to play extremely well to beat Washington. Like I said, they are favored to the pac 12 And they have one of the best quarterbacks in the country returning.And they have one of the best quarterbacks in the country returning.

You can say THAT again....

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Not really the personnel that concerns me, it's the Jekyll/ Hyde thing that is hiding inside Gus' mind. It has a nasty way of appearing 2-3 times a year.....

Georgia will not be as good next year as they were this year. The hangover will be real, and they are losing their two best and historically great rbs. Theyre also gonna lose at least one DE and smith in the middle. Not saying they wont be good, but it wouldnt surprise me if they ended 10-2, 9-3. 

LSU will have a new qb and no arden key, tex am will be tough by the time we get em, our beginning and end are the keys, the middle should be ok

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Personnel ain't the problem.

• WarTiger changed the title to The most difficult schedule in 2018

Archived