Mods - Sub-forum request

Barnacle

Can we consider creating another board for, or start using the media board for articles about Auburn football? I'm not trying to pile on @aubiefifty, because he's not the only one who posts articles to the Football Board, but at times the board gets cluttered with the different articles being written about Auburn. Often there are multiple threads created - 5 or 6 within a span of several minutes. I appreciate posters bringing them over. They can be informative, no doubt. But, I don't like having to sift through them every day looking for original content. That may be my own personal issue. If it is, so be it. 

the only article i know was double posted was the woodson as coach and if anyone bothered to check there was a lot of stuff on my article that was not in the orrginal post. like the money ball thing and others. but hey if i am messing the board up i will quit. too many people bitch about my posting tho many that do never post any articles they just discuss things. but yes with enough people saying something every couple of weeks i think it might be piling on. certainly no other name was mentioned other than mine. no more articles from aubie. and for the record i was just trying to make the board better and allow folks who refuse to go to certain sites to read what is being said. anyway not mad but disappointed. i spend a ton of time posting stuff which i do not get paid for. it is what it is. no hard feelings with anyone.........no hard feeling to anyone. i will just let other sites that take me from aufamily it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the only article i know was double posted was the woodson as coach and if anyone bothered to check there was a lot of stuff on my article that was not in the orrginal post. like the money ball thing and others. but hey if i am messing the board up i will quit. too many people bitch about my posting tho many that do never post any articles they just discuss things. but yes with enough people saying something every couple of weeks i think it might be piling on. certainly no other name was mentioned other than mine. no more articles from aubie. and for the record i was just trying to make the board better and allow folks who refuse to go to certain sites to read what is being said. anyway not mad but disappointed. i spend a ton of time posting stuff which i do not get paid for. it is what it is. no hard feelings with anyone.........no hard feeling to anyone. i will just let other sites that take me from aufamily it is what it is.

For the record, I enjoyed your threads.  Whose threads I didn't enjoy were all of the new people just trying to troll everything Auburn.  

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I'm definitely not trying to discourage you from posting articles. I'm just wondering if there is a more tidy way to organize them. And, I hadn't read other posts by others about it. So, I'm sorry if my post is piling on. That's really not my intent. Heck, I've posted articles before. 

not one single person has told me exactly what i am doing wrong unless it is my typing skills and i have had that pointed out as well.. if someone was to suggest in a way i could understand on how to correct thing it might have gone down a little easier. right now my best is not good enough its all i got until i know a better way. i thought maybe i was messing up folks on phones somehow. anyway until something changes i am done because i am screwing the pooch somewhere because four or five people have complained over the past season. and many have not been very nice about it. at least you attempted to be nice barnacle and i thank you for that.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

not one single person has told me exactly what i am doing wrong unless it is my typing skills and i have had that pointed out as well.. if someone was to suggest in a way i could understand on how to correct thing it might have gone down a little easier. right now my best is not good enough its all i got until i know a better way. i thought maybe i was messing up folks on phones somehow. anyway until something changes i am done because i am screwing the pooch somewhere because four or five people have complained over the past season. and many have not been very nice about it. at least you attempted to be nice barnacle and i thank you for that.

I don't have an answer. I also don't think you are doing anything "wrong". But, sometimes other threads get buried when five new article threads are posted in a row. I thought the Media sub-forum might be appropriate, but I also know that people appreciate having the articles posted in the main football forum. It might be as simple as stickying a daily thread for articles "Auburn Articles: 1/11/18" or something. I don't know. If its only 5 people, then we may very well be a small minority and in that case don't change a thing. I don't want anyone doing something different because of me. 

20 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I don’t have any problem with you posting Auburn articles.  It’s helpful at times to find articles on Auburn that I haven’t come across.  You’re all good in my book.

once again someone asked me this morning on a post about woodson. tho the titles were close in nature there was a ton of info in the article i posted that was not in the first one because i went back and looked. the only i might could have done better was add it to the fist post. shrugs. not mad with you barnacle but i am 62 and confused easily when it comes to puter stuff so i think the safe thing is to quit posting until i figure it out if i can get a friend to show me or just wuit and not run any posters off by screwing up.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

once again someone asked me this morning on a post about woodson. tho the titles were close in nature there was a ton of info in the article i posted that was not in the first one because i went back and looked. the only i might could have done better was add it to the fist post. shrugs. not mad with you barnacle but i am 62 and confused easily when it comes to puter stuff so i think the safe thing is to quit posting until i figure it out if i can get a friend to show me or just wuit and not run any posters off by screwing up.

Man. I really don't want you to feel like you are screwing up. I regret creating this thread if that's the case. You aren't running anyone off that I can tell. To me this is a seat up/seat down kind of thing and nothing more. 

I'm going to send you a PM that may help with some of the formatting complaints. 

You aren't doing anything wrong. Just a simple request for a subforum with articles being the primary source versus individual poster creating threads. 

@aubiefifty I don't think anybody is complaining about you or saying you're doing anything wrong.

You can insert anybody's name into @Barnacle request, who would "cut and paste" an article from another source or link to an article, etc.

He's asking for a specific sub-forum to place them so that the "original thought forum" (for lack of a better term) can be just that.

It would help prevent some duplicate subjects but also allow those NOT interested in articles to not have to weed through.  Many like to just cut to the discussion...

I'm certain no offense is meant to you.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

@aubiefifty I don't think anybody is complaining about you or saying you're doing anything wrong.

You can insert anybody's name into @Barnacle request, who would "cut and paste" an article from another source or link to an article, etc.

He's asking for a specific sub-forum to place them so that the "original thought forum" (for lack of a better term) can be just that.

It would help prevent some duplicate subjects but also allow those NOT interested in articles to not have to weed through.  Many like to just cut to the discussion...

I'm certain no offense is meant to you.

This is a much better worded summation of where I'm coming from, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

This is a much better worded summation of where I'm coming from, thanks. 

it is not a problem barnacle. like i said you were nice about your request and it might surprise you to know you are one of my favorite posters on here. i was more confused than upest. but if i was running this site  [ god help us } i would want aufam to be the one stop shop for ALL auburn news and discussion. it might not matter but i would think getting folks here and keeping them here versus searching other sites would be key. but i do want to be a team player. and i certainly would not want to hurt anyones experience on here.

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I hope you didn't take me posting that in the Woodson as criticism!!!  I truly didn't mean it.  I appreciate you bringing all these articles here and making them easier to find rather than scouring the web for them all.  Especially al.com.  I refuse to click on that site.  Again, please don't stop on my account.  I was not trying to be mean or anything.  Just thought it was the same article already posted in the Woodson thread.  As for the other handful of people, don't stop because 5 people have said something.  Look at the view count on those threads that you have started.  Obviously many more people read the article than were complaining about it.

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

You aren't doing anything wrong. Just a simple request for a subforum with articles being the primary source versus individual poster creating threads. 

I like the idea.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it is not a problem barnacle. like i said you were nice about your request and it might surprise you to know you are one of my favorite posters on here. i was more confused than upest. but if i was running this site  [ god help us } i would want aufam to be the one stop shop for ALL auburn news and discussion. it might not matter but i would think getting folks here and keeping them here versus searching other sites would be key. but i do want to be a team player. and i certainly would not want to hurt anyones experience on here.

Please don't stop posting the articles on here. This board is entering the slow season where we will have almost no content on the football forum. 
I really don't know why anyone is complaining.

I requested the other day that the articles be formatted a little because we got a handful of them that were difficult to read. If you've ever hit CTRL+A on a page with pictures and other heavy formatting, copied it and then pasted it onto a blank doc or post, then you know that it can be difficult to parse through the results to read the desired content. Anyway, the articles have since been getting formatted and I have no complaints. Nor would I complain if Barnacle's idea were put into production. It makes sense.

At the end of the day, Fiddy, Barnacle and the rest of us are grateful for you bringing the content. Just trying to optimize the experience. 

Captain Redundant, over and out. 

53 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Please don't stop posting the articles on here. This board is entering the slow season where we will have almost no content on the football forum. 
I really don't know why anyone is complaining.

Nobody is complaining. Don't start unnecessary quarrels. Fair and respectful suggestion.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nobody is complaining. Don't start unnecessary quarrels. Fair and respectful suggestion.

Wasn't trying to start an argument, but ok. :dunno:

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

It’s not you, it’s me.

Heck, I really appreciate the articles from @aubiefifty. I am, quite frankly, too lazy to go out and search for articles myself. And I like that the ones he chooses to post are mostly great stories about individuals on the team who deserve extra recognition. Honestly, if they were placed in the media forum, I probably wouldn't go to look at them. Maybe we should give aubiefifty his own sub-forum! What would be a great name for it???? Fiftyarticles from Aubiefifty

• WarTiger changed the title to Mods - Sub-forum request

I love this site.  I’ve learned more about football and it’s nice to have someone to “chat” with during football games when the rest of my family has no interest in the game nor do they know any of the players.  My only complaint regarding the forum itself (as far as organization goes) is can we reduce the number of pinned threads?  I just counted and there are currently eleven threads that are pinned that we need to scroll down through to see any hot topics or new topics.  I personally find it annoying but I may be the only one. 

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Heck, I really appreciate the articles from @aubiefifty. I am, quite frankly, too lazy to go out and search for articles myself. And I like that the ones he chooses to post are mostly great stories about individuals on the team who deserve extra recognition. Honestly, if they were placed in the media forum, I probably wouldn't go to look at them. Maybe we should give aubiefifty his own sub-forum! What would be a great name for it???? Fiftyarticles from Aubiefifty

I agree!!!!

7 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

I love this site.  I’ve learned more about football and it’s nice to have someone to “chat” with during football games when the rest of my family has no interest in the game nor do they know any of the players.  My only complaint regarding the forum itself (as far as organization goes) is can we reduce the number of pinned threads?  I just counted and there are currently eleven threads that are pinned that we need to scroll down through to see any hot topics or new topics.  I personally find it annoying but I may be the only one. 

You can thin it out a bit by using the sort feature, then select custom option, then the last reply today option. That will show you the latest postings and only the pinned threads with comments today will show up first. Hope that helps. (Edit, that's not as much help as I thought since it reverts back afterwards. Sorry about that.)

Archived