2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Is it confirmed that Miller was still having those problems in spring ball? 

I assumed nothing had changed. He barely played in the Aday game and i thought it was because of a fumble.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Change of position or redshirt year?

He won't be playing RB.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There is nothing new on him. WDE  gave the latest he heard & I gave the latest I had read.

I was just trying to get thread back on him!lol

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Change of position or redshirt year?

He’s basically a flex TE for us & that’s how we took him.

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

So Malik Willis, Malik Miller, and J. Whitlow all have trouble holding onto the ball......great!

Starting to sound like Shivers better be ready to go. 

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

He won't be playing RB.

lol you know you are busting a lot of people's bubble who still thinks Joiner's the next coming of Herschel Walker

22 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

lol you know you are busting a lot of people's bubble who still thinks Joiner's the next coming of Herschel Walker

It's what I do. ?

32 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

Dear God, if we have some fans who actually believe that then we have a sad segment in our Fanbase. Especially given how much a number of us in the recruiting forum pounded the fact that he was not a physical Runner.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Dear God, if we have some fans who actually believe that then we have a sad segment in our Fanbase. Especially given how much a number of us in the recruiting forum pounded the fact that he was not a physical Runner.

There are a few who looked at his 4 stars and measurements and decided that he's our best RB. They literally don't know a single other thing about him. Fortunately, it's a very small group, but I'm sure they'll still make plenty of noise when itty bitty Kam Martin and practically microscopic Shaun Shivers are ripping off 6 yards a carry between the tackles and Joiner is doing just fine in the slot and maybe in the Wildcat (if Edwards isn't in). 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My bad guys!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen you compare HJ to Herschel Doc.

Hey Ellitor......I never thought of that comparison!  I blunder here and there but try to get it right. I do remember talk of HJ being used at other positions, but was hoping he might be given a chance to see how he would pan out at RB during fall camp. sometimes players surprise the coaching staff in good and bad ways. It has been many years since we did not have a true feature back with size and experience that we have had in recent years. I hope Kam pans out to be a super back for us. I just hope he can be durable enough to survive the grind that RBs take in the SEC. Does Kam have the build where he could get in the 205-210 lb range and keep his speed and explosiveness? Gus may very well be forced to use more of his arsenal of RBs to meet the demands of the SEC. 

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

but was hoping he might be given a chance to see how he would pan out at RB during fall camp

He'd have to be much more physical with his opportunities to do that.

25 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Does Kam have the build where he could get in the 205-210 lb range and keep his speed and explosiveness?

I'm not even sure he can get than big at all but he doesn't need to either. It would hurt his speed which is his best attribute. The best way to use him is 15 ish carries a game sharing the load.

40 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor......I never thought of that comparison!  I blunder here and there but try to get it right. I do remember talk of HJ being used at other positions, but was hoping he might be given a chance to see how he would pan out at RB during fall camp. sometimes players surprise the coaching staff in good and bad ways. It has been many years since we did not have a true feature back with size and experience that we have had in recent years. I hope Kam pans out to be a super back for us. I just hope he can be durable enough to survive the grind that RBs take in the SEC. Does Kam have the build where he could get in the 205-210 lb range and keep his speed and explosiveness? Gus may very well be forced to use more of his arsenal of RBs to meet the demands of the SEC. 

Just my opinion, but I don’t think Kam needs to bulk up at all. He’s averaged over 6 yards a carry over 2 years, and had a completely different style that KJ. KJ was very patient, waited for creases, and was very physical. A lot of Kam’s runs are quick bursts. He is often 5-6 yards downfield before he is touched. WIth his style and in our offense, I can see him easily bearing 15 or 16 carries a game at his current size. Those kids from Houston are pretty tough. 

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Just my opinion, but I don’t think Kam needs to bulk up at all. He’s averaged over 6 yards a carry over 2 years, and had a completely different style that KJ. KJ was very patient, waited for creases, and was very physical. A lot of Kam’s runs are quick bursts. He is often 5-6 yards downfield before he is touched. WIth his style and in our offense, I can see him easily bearing 15 or 16 carries a game at his current size. Those kids from Houston are pretty tough. 

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My rule is pretty simple. Keep putting on weight until it becomes a detriment. If you have room for "good" weight. Put it on. 

From all reports, Kam has put on some good weight this off-season. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

. Those kids from Houston are pretty tough. 

Imagine how good they would be if they had any sort of coaching in high school out there. ?

6 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Imagine how good they would be if they had any sort of coaching in high school out there. ?

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Ain't that the damn truth

Just now, augolf1716 said:

You've been trying that crap on me for over 10 years. Its not working...................................

My Perseverance will pay off!

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll outlive your ass...

Can't argue that. You once told Methuselah the same thing.

Archived