2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

On 8/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, toddc said:

"I think anytime you carry the ball the amount of times he did in the SEC, that's pretty impressive," Detroit offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter said. "We think he brings a lot to the table, can kind of do different things, play with different versatility. And, you know, every time you evaluate a guy in college, you have strong opinions about him, and then you bring him in and see what you got."

Great quote but it doesn't mean the workload played a factor in where he was drafted.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I have heard if we don't pull Cain, then we may be leaning to a JC RB. Wish we were all in on 5 or so quality HS RB's. This has been a very good recruiting year for us

49 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Have heard lately that AU is all in on Cain as our first back. Thoughts are that Cain likes LSU as his first choice,

Been said on here many times the past couple of months.

51 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I have heard if we don't pull Cain, then we may be leaning to a JC RB

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen or heard it at all. There's no reason to take a juco RB unless the RBs we have this year prove they can't get the job done.

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

If this is what the kid wants, and AU is "all-in" then what's our sales pitch to get him?

Relationships & RBU. Plus while Gus's O is gimmicky the Power run part of his offense is not as drastic from the pros as some fans think it is.

23 minutes ago, keesler said:

Coach O + Coach E = a Cajun clown show 

Even though I love Jambalaya, Gumbo, & Boudin I'm not cajun.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Been said on here many times the past couple of months.

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen or heard it at all. There's no reason to take a juco RB unless the RBs we have this year prove they can't get the job done.

I just reread the post. I got it wrong. Wolk wrote it saying that if Cain falls through AU is keeping its options open on RB Ronald Thompkins from Grayson HS in Atlanta. He is currently committed to Nebraska and is a 3 star.

5 hours ago, CAS15 said:

I feel like we've got a better chance with Richards than Cain.

We don't. Despite what is said publicly it would take a small miracle for MAR to not end up at Miami.

Well at least Calvin Anderson will have graduated if Noah picks Austin - watching them work together in the same offense might be tough.:big: 

• 2 months later...

I found this thread on page 3?!?!

Any updates considering the RB shuffle at the top?

I read a scenario where we could be right in the thick of it with Noah since the uga commit from LA seems to be leaning LSU.   I think Keith even predicted Noah to AU.  

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I found this thread on page 3?!?!

Any updates considering the RB shuffle at the top?

I read a scenario where we could be right in the thick of it with Noah since the uga commit from LA seems to be leaning LSU.   I think Keith even predicted Noah to AU.  

Thoughts?

Been discussed in the recruiting thread & a couple others when Emery decommitted from UGA. AU has a legit shot now of landing 2 of Cain, Richards, & McIntosh if the O staff stays or is replaced with staff that already has relationships with the recruits.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Been discussed in the recruiting thread & a couple others when Emery decommitted from UGA. AU has a legit shot now of landing 2 of Cain, Richards, & McIntosh if the O staff stays or is replaced with staff that already has relationships with the recruits.

So if Freeze does get the job does that mean we have less of a chance of getting any of these guys? I would assume he would almost clear house on the Off. side.

12 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So if Freeze does get the job does that mean we have less of a chance of getting any of these guys? I would assume he would almost clear house on the Off. side.

I wouldn't. Porter just needs to be moved to his more natural position as RB coach. He's been the unsung hero of recruiting the past year+ for AU & likely already has a relationship with the Cains. He also has a relationship w/ Richards & McIntosh as their area recruiters & is a big factor we are where we are with them.

As for your question, as said  or implied in the post you quoted it would depend on who he hires if the O staff is gutted & if they have relationships with the recruits already.

30 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Coordinators don't hire assistant coaches, the head coach does that. Should there be a change in the OC, that doesn't indicate that there will be any other changes.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Coordinators don't hire assistant coaches, the head coach does that. Should there be a change in the OC, that doesn't indicate that there will be any other changes.

The HC has the final say but most let some coordinator bring in at least 1 or 2 people with them.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Only coach that is a 75% lock to be back on offense next year is Kodi. Porter isn't a O coach, I think he is safe. But I do believe we will have new coaches in place at the other positions. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

The HC has the final say but most let some coordinator bring in at least 1 or 2 people with them.

I'd say one is the norm, with two not being unusual. I've never heard of a situation in which a coordinator on either side of the ball was given the authority to dump and replace the entire staff.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd say one is the norm, with two not being unusual. I've never heard of a situation in which a coordinator on either side of the ball was given the authority to dump and replace the entire staff.

Steele has that authority I do believe. I'm sure that Steele still will ask Gus but if Steele wanted to make a change he could. But Gus isn't going to give the OC that authority. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You will. Hugh Freeze. If Gus is back. Agree on the rest. 

This was  more of  just piecing together stuff off of the message boards, but  I  assumed Gus got another season aster beating A&M?  Don't  get me  wrong I want him gone but i thought they were going to give him a another year with Freeze coming in? Also wouldnt it be bad to boot Chip? He would have a lot of bad to  say about Gus I imagine.

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

This was  more of  just piecing together stuff off of the message boards, but  I  assumed Gus got another season aster beating A&M?  Don't  get me  wrong I want him gone but i thought they were going to give him a another year with Freeze coming in? Also wouldnt it be bad to boot Chip? He would have a lot of bad to  say about Gus I imagine.

Chip is gone. Sure he will talk privately about Gus but no publicly. There are a lot of people, Gus included, that think Chip is the one who talked to Marcello. I don't know. 

Band Aid? I think so. Lot of others think the same. Some don't and think it will work.   

Someone did tell me last night that Gus needs Freeze and Freeze needs Gus. Little bright spot there. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If I remember correctly Gus let Steele hire hire his own secondary coach.  Was given the full freedom to do so and hired Brown.

Archived