2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

I have a preference of MAR but I like all 4, I want at least one of them in the Fold on early signing day as that will ease some of my fears for this class which revolve around RB's and O-Line.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

48 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

PSU

That’s my guess as well and I’m cool with that. He’s probably fourth behind MAR, Williams, and Griffin on the staff’s board anyway.

1 hour ago, MCPeePants said:

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.  I would love to get him on board.

At least 2 of our top 4 targets will sign early, possibly 3. If we get DJ or Griffin early I would rather wait on MAR in February than take Cain early since we are only taking 2 RBs & we lead with MAR. MAR brings a different RB dimension than the other 3.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, ellitor said:

At least 2 of our top 4 targets will sign early, possibly 3. If we get DJ or Griffin early I would rather wait on MAR in February than take Cain early since we are only taking 2 RBs & we lead with MAR. MAR brings a different RB dimension than the other 3.

I agree with this. MAR seems like a game changer, more so than Cain, IMHO.

If we pick up 1 RB on signing day and we have a chance at a second like Cain and we slow play him hoping for MAR and because of that get neither people will complain. We could also slow play Cain and get MAR then coaches look like geniuses. However if we take the second back to be safe and MAR goes someplace else and tears it up people will complain we never get the elite backs. 

All I am saying is there is a risk/reward factor with either way the coaches play it. The problem is 18 year old's change their minds all the time so there is no sure route to the best choice. 

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we pick up 1 RB on signing day and we have a chance at a second like Cain and we slow play him hoping for MAR and because of that get neither people will complain. We could also slow play Cain and get MAR then coaches look like geniuses. However if we take the second back to be safe and MAR goes someplace else and tears it up people will complain we never get the elite backs. 

All I am saying is there is a risk/reward factor with either way the coaches play it. The problem is 18 year old's change their minds all the time so there is no sure route to the best choice.  

We aren't slow playing Cain so the conversation can end right there.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We aren't slow playing Cain so the conversation can end right there.

I said that about the slow play because of your comment about you would rather not take Cain and wait on MAR because we currently lead for him. I may have misinterpreted what you meant.

34 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I said that about the slow play because of your comment about you would rather not take Cain and wait on MAR because we currently lead for him. I may have misinterpreted what you meant.

I was speaking for myself, not the staff FWIW.

Man. I'm usually late to film watching party. But of the offered backs, Noah Cain and Jamious Griffin would be a dangerous One-Two Punch Combo. Griffin has some impressive explosiveness like I've not often seen from an incoming freshman.

5 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Committed to Penn State

Good luck to him! There are actually others that are higher on the board for us. We may or may not get them though... 

30 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Good luck to him! There are actually others that are higher on the board for us. We may or may not get them though... 

Cain was Gus's #1 guy for over a year and a half. AU was never really in this one. Cain wasn't as high with Gus's assistants. FWIW. Williams will be interesting to watch today. Seems AU, uga and bama are all confident. Goes where Sanders doesn't with uga and bama. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cain was Gus's #1 guy for over a year and a half. AU was never really in this one. Cain wasn't as high with Gus's assistants. FWIW. Williams will be interesting to watch today. Seems AU, uga and bama are all confident. Goes where Sanders doesn't with uga and bama. 

1 UGA reporter thinks we still get DJ if Sanders chooses Bama.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, SaturdayGT said:

"Noah Cain" 

image.jpeg

What you would say the dentist numbed your mouth with, shortly after he just numbed your mouth with it......

The best post of 2018 happened in January. Sadly, it seems it is time to bid adieu. So long, old friend. I'll always remember the good times. 

2017 Cain was a top 50 recruit I think, but man he fell off the map in 2018! So maybe we saw something about him we didn’t like as his high school career went forward and that’s one reason we went after others harder.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)
On 12/20/2018 at 6:15 PM, auburn4ever said:

It's sad watching so many 4 and 5 star guys sign elsewhere.

Not as sad as some posting the same mostly uninformed mess.

• 4 weeks later...

If only we had hired Caddy a little sooner maybe we might have had more of a chance! Still unlikely, I know, but interesting to imagine.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

If only we had hired Caddy a little sooner maybe we might have had more of a chance! Still unlikely, I know, but interesting to imagine.

1. He signed with Penn St already. 2. By the time early NSD got here there were 3 RBs higher on our board than him.

Archived