2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s good to be in the discussion with this kid.  We need an elite “rated” running back to come in.  

I think we have some very good backs but AU should always be on Top 5 running backs minds.  Always!!

I am telling you, Box Nix committing as early as he did will pay huge dividends for our 2019 class. Expect it to be a talent-rich class.  If you look at the history of recruiting programs, top 5 classes usually revolve around a big time QB commit.

58 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am telling you, Box Nix committing as early as he did will pay huge dividends for our 2019 class. Expect it to be a talent-rich class.  If you look at the history of recruiting programs, top 5 classes usually revolve around a big time QB commit.

There is a lot of talent in this upcoming class too. Really excited about a lot of these kids.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

On 1/23/2018 at 9:46 AM, ClaytonAU said:

Shoutout to Bo. This kid is recruiting hard for 2019. Really gonna be thankful he committed and shut it down early when we look back at his recruitment next year. 

Seems... familiar 

F9385E71-B185-433C-9EBD-34CE4A70F0F4.gif

32 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Seems... familiar 

Forever optimistic when it comes to QBs lol

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Forever optimistic when it comes to QBs lol

Was referring to a post I made weeks ago that ABW pretty much copied lol. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Seems... familiar 

It seems very familiar!

On 1/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, abw0004 said:

Recruiting:  I think too many people focus on star rankings when it comes to recruiting.  That is not all that matters.  Those rankings are based on opinions from reporters or scouts.  If a coach only goes off of those rankings, they could be in for trouble.  Each coach needs to do their own evaluations, and base their offers off of that.  I think our staff does a good job of finding under-the-radar guys, as well as attracting big-time recruits.  I believe we are in for a monster 2019 class.  Why?  There are a few factors.  For one, we are starting to develop players constantly that are going into the draft, and we are seeing an uptick in juniors that declare early.  Although it is sad to see them go, this means they have developed well enough to give the draft a shot.  Second, big time classes usually revolve around a big time quarterback that has signed.  This has happened with Alabama and Georgia.  With Bo Nix on board early, I expect to see many blue-chip recruits follow.

Actually I posted it first.  There is another place I posted it too but I can't find it.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It seems very familiar!

Actually I posted it first.  There is another place I posted it too but I can't find it.

giphy.gif

I was referring solely to the original two posts. Mine and your’s are very similar. I never saw the long post you requoted. I don’t normally read long posts. :dunno:

55 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I was referring solely to the original two posts. Mine and your’s are very similar. I never saw the long post you requoted. I don’t normally read long posts. :dunno:

I was just having fun with it.  I just reposted my thread post because I posted it before we both had those other two quotes.  I really don't care who says it first as long as everyone realizes it is the truth, and something to be excited for.  Im just happy we have Cain coming to visit Auburn!

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tumblr_lymrkiuu9d1qbfgm3o1_500.gif

UnripeSandyBug-size_restricted.gif

Do you really mean that?

If you had to rate me on a scale...

tumblr_ldv29d8xHs1qfbngxo1_500.gif

47 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I was just having fun with it.  I just reposted my thread post because I posted it before we both had those other two quotes.  I really don't care who says it first as long as everyone realizes it is the truth, and something to be excited for.  Im just happy we have Cain coming to visit Auburn!

UnripeSandyBug-size_restricted.gif

Do you really mean that?

If you had to rate me on a scale...

tumblr_ldv29d8xHs1qfbngxo1_500.gif

My first response was tongue and cheek. All on in good fun! 

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Interesting tidbit there....  maybe that will help us down the road...

The more help, the merrier.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, AUinfusion said:

He reminds me a little bit of Tre Mason

Same here. Powerful runner, quick & shifty feet, low center of gravity, able to bounce off would-be tacklers. really want this kid.

Pitch a Ronnie/Cadillac tandem to him and his teammate then lol,

On 1/30/2018 at 6:57 AM, abw0004 said:

Agree, Gus almost always has top 10 classes but, when the 2019 class is all said and done I believe it will be a top 5 possibly a top 3 class. 

5-star running back Noah Cain details serious interest in Auburn after first visit

AUBURN, Ala. — Noah Cain‘s first visit to Auburn was a hit.

The 5-star running back who plays for IMG Academy (Fla.) took an extended trip for Auburn’s junior day. He arrived on Friday and left Sunday. During his visit, he spent a lot of time with Tigers’ coaches, including Gus Malzahn, Greg Brown, Chip Lindsey and Tim Horton. Cain was one of the focal points of the Tigers’ big recruiting weekend.

Auburn clearly left an impression on the No. 3 running back in the 2019 class.

“They surpassed expectations,” Cain said. “All the running backs they put in the league is big for me. Actually they’re the best school at putting running backs in the league; 38 running backs is the most out of any school in FBS. They embraced me this weekend and showed a lot of love.”

Cain, originally from Baton Rouge, La., grew up an LSU fan. Those Tigers have been the trendy pick for Cain’s eventual commitment. For now, Cain hopes to pump the brakes on that narrative given how much time he plans to put into his decision process.

Cain already holds offers from 26 programs, from the best of the best. He will take a few more visits in the spring before narrowing his list down to five schools. Ohio State is the only program to solidify itself in the top 5 so far.

Auburn is working its way in that direction.

“Auburn has made a good impression that they’ll be in it,” Cain said. “It wouldn’t be that hard [to pick against LSU]. You know, I’m at IMG so that really started opening my options up. I started talking to more schools, looking at all these top programs. LSU, they’re making a really hard push, but I’m not going to make my decision until this upcoming December. I’m taking the process slow. It will not ben an easy decision. LSU, they’re one of my top schools, but I’m not committed to nobody right now.”

For Auburn, one of the biggest pulls will be the guys already committed.

Cain spent much of his Saturday with Auburn commits quarterback Bo Nix and wide receiver George Pickens. The 5-star running back raved about that duo already in the Tigers’ 2019 class. Nix, in particular, spent a lot of time recruiting Cain.

“That was very big. Bo Nix is the best dual-threat quarterback in the country in my opinion. George is a big-time receiver,” Cain said. “Just seeing the future of us possibly playing together at Auburn, that’s big. Like coach Malzahn said, if everything goes in their favor, we could be the top recruiting class in the country.”

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's not committed to nobody? So he IS committed to someone? :Sing:

Archived