2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Reread my post. I said

Gus didn't have job security. He would have been fired had we lost both games & maybe if we had lost just 1 of them. So last years recorded mattered for recruiting because it gave Gus the job security he didn't have but now has for 3 years minimum. Now that he has that job security if we go 8-5 it won't have much effect on recruiting.

Re-read your post, E...that's not at all what you implied. Understand if you meant something different, but come on.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Re-read your post, E...that's not at all what you implied. Understand if you meant something different, but come on.

It's exactly what I implied. I should know. I've been saying the same damn thing for years. I just added the already part to make it absolutely crystal clear what I was saying even though I thought it was already clear.

It's been proved in recruiting rankings too over the years. A number of teams have top 10 recruiting classes with mediocre to bad records when their coaches have job security.

I get what E is saying, and generally, I agree. Here, I'd say it's a little of both. We've recruited well for a number of years now. I don't think it'll kill recruiting if we have an 8-4 season, but I do think a big season would add to the wave in 2019 and 2020. It would provide further evidence that Gus and this staff can take big-time prospects and win/compete for titles. They did that last year. Do it two years in a row, and it could be multiplicative, not just additive. 

That's pure speculation, but it seems like this is a moment where Auburn could make a major jump or just continue being really, really good.

Oh, and, NOAH CAIN!! 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's exactly what I implied. I should know. I've been saying the same damn thing for years. I just added the already part to make it absolutely crystal clear what I was saying even though I thought it was already clear.

It's been proved in recruiting rankings too over the years. A number of teams have top 10 recruiting classes with mediocre to bad records when their coaches have job security.

Wasn’t there a year where Tennessee signed a top 5 class but they were garbage? 

In terms of W-Ls and recruiting, I would argue that establishing a perception of Auburn as a more consistently winning program than we have been would be a year-in, year-out benefit.  But I agree with E- and he has, in fact, been saying it for years- that your record in year X generally isn't going to affect your recruiting much in year X+1 unless there's a coaching change or severe threat thereof. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

In terms of W-Ls and recruiting, I would argue that establishing a perception of Auburn as a more consistently winning program than we have been would be a year-in, year-out benefit.  But I agree with E- and he has, in fact, been saying it for years- that your record in year X generally isn't going to affect your recruiting much in year X+1 unless there's a coaching change or severe threat thereof. 

Except for one little variable. If we rock the win column this year, we are likely going to continue increasing the number of guys we place in the NFL... and that effects recruiting. So, winning does matter, just not in and of itself.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Except for one little variable. If we rock the win column this year, we are likely going to continue increasing the number of guys we place in the NFL... and that effects recruiting. So, winning does matter, just not in and of itself.

Good point. 

Wouldn't it be awesome to yell at each other in a year and argue whether it was all the wins, all the draft picks or something else that has recruiting going at such a high level???

6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Down the line yes but not much in the current class. That was the point of my post. Apologies for not stating that clearly.

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Wasn’t there a year where Tennessee signed a top 5 class but they were garbage? 

Yes & thank you! They were landing good classes til he starting losing job security.

Apologies for the derailment.

Soo this Noah Cain cat looks like a good un. I hope we land him.

Is it just me or does E seem like Dwight from the Office? He would write himself up for doing something personal on company time. J/K love ya E. You are very appreciated by most of us on the message boards. :cheers: :wareagle: 

P.S. Yes this Cain cat looks pretty good. I hope he commits to the good guys. :) 

Noah Cain will shock me if he is not committed to Auburn before the end of the football season. Every sign points to AU right now.

Mr. Cain's comfort with AU and Players   -- Check

Family's comfort                                             -- Check

Need at the position                                       -- Check

Relationship with the staff                          -- Check

Comfort with our use of RB                         -- Check

Current HS Position Coach                          -- Double Check

Path to NFL   at Position                              --  Check

Inside Dope                                                     -- Check

Of course you can never be 100% sure. but we are checking all of the boxes with pluses right now.

2 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

Inside Dope 

Not sure I want to know what this is...

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure I want to know what this is...

LOL, as in  scoop,  strong buzz,  good word , etc. 

See on line slang dictionary 

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Apologies for the derailment.

Soo this Noah Cain cat looks like a good un. I hope we land him.

You always derail the thread Ellitor.  Especially with all of the gifs you constantly post.  Such a distraction.  You can never stay on topic...

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You always derail the thread Ellitor.  Especially with all of the gifs you constantly post.  Such a distraction.  You can never stay on topic...

You just earned this one...

tenor.gif?itemid=5204982

Sorry again folks.

I'm glad Cadillac Williams is Cain's RB coach. Should get a great perspective of AU from him.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sorry again folks.

I'm glad Cadillac Williams is Cain's RB coach. Should get a great perspective of AU from him.

And if we get him, then we got a guy who learned from Cadillac freakin' Williams.

14 hours ago, abw0004 said:

@ellitor, we all appreciate all that you bring to this site. You are a modern day Wiseman. In addition to knowledge you come bearing gifs ;)

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

@ellitor, we all appreciate all that you bring to this site. You are a modern day Wiseman. In addition to knowledge you come bearing gifs ;)

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Agreed.  Just as an FYI, I was being 100% sarcastic with my post as ellitor likes to run a tight ship with staying on topic and limiting gifs.  

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And if we get him, then we got a guy who learned from Cadillac freakin' Williams.

McLoofus you essentially do my posting for me lol. My thoughts exactly.

Archived