2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I believe that area is currently KB's responsibility

Don't think Kodi has a Florida area. Believe it's Horton's.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/12/2018 at 10:58 AM, SaturdayGT said:

"Noah Cain" 

image.jpeg

What you would say the dentist numbed your mouth with, shortly after he just numbed your mouth with it......

Stumbled across this ...

Too superb of a post not to bring it back up ... 

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Stumbled across this ...

Too superb of a post not to bring it back up ... 

It's really important that that post stick with us for the duration of this thread and, hopefully, the next 4 years. Thank you for keeping the torch lit.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think Kodi has a Florida area. Believe it's Horton's.

Oh.  Well Kodi has Mobile, so he could slide on over to IMG and leave Caddy to the rest of FL....  If he took Horton's job that is.

Of course this is all hypothetical...

51 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Oh.  Well Kodi has Mobile, so he could slide on over to IMG and leave Caddy to the rest of FL....  If he took Horton's job that is.

Of course this is all hypothetical...

Kodi def does not have mobile anymore. The coaches down there made sure of that a couple of years ago lol. I believe that is one of Twill's area now.

7 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I can't agree more.  We just can't seem to get the elite backs.  We get good backs but not elite and that is a debate I don't want to get into in this thread with folks.  I am struggling to understand when you look at our production with good backs, how in the world are we not able to get 1 elite back at least every 3 years at a minimum.  If you show a kid the numbers and what has been accomplished it SHOULD be an easy sell.  I have to think it boils down to 2 things.  Negative recruiting against us showing our lack of success in the NFL and showing these kids that our numbers come from way more attempts per season to get those numbers.

It is hard to believe that Caddy and Ronnie were playing at Auburn 14 years ago and the kids we are recruiting were 4 years old at the time.  Auburn has had a ton of awesome backs over the years that were not 5 star rated guys so that isn't critical to me.  What is critical to me is that we consistently seem to recruit backs out of HS that do not have the stature needed to carry the load.  That argument is an opinion of course and I am sure many would disagree with me.

I couldn’t agree more!  Recruiting RBs to come play at AU should be a really easy job!  

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

With respect, incorrect. LKeel had it right. A school can recruit players from a school as long as the coach in question is hired by AU as an on field coach.

Here is what I went off of... 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

"Essentially, it means that anyone associated with a prospect cannot be hired as a non-field coach within two years of the prospect’s signing (read: high school coaches primarily). That is a very limiting rule since there are only nine on-field coaching positions. And if you do hire a high school coach, he can’t recruit a prospect from his former school for two years."

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kodi def does not have mobile anymore. The coaches down there made sure of that a couple of years ago lol. I believe that is one of Twill's area now.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that TWill has the Atlanta area, that's the way I understood it anyway. I specifically remember this because some neighsayers have suggested that the success TWill has achieved is because he was the Atlanta area recruiter, so of course he is succeeding. I don't share this belief, but I remember a few posters suggesting that TWill was so successful because of the area he was in charge of... 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Steele had Mobile, at last report. T-Will has Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Steele had Mobile, at last report. T-Will has Atlanta.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't verify it from anywhere. It used to be easy figuring out what coach has what area, but I can't seem to find that listed anywhere anymore. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

That's what I thought, but I couldn't verify it from anywhere. It used to be easy figuring out what coach has what area, but I can't seem to find that listed anywhere anymore. 

It was listed somewhere online. I only go to this site and auburntigers.com so it had to be one of those two places. It's been at least a couple of months ago so I wouldn't know how to look for it.

23 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that TWill has the Atlanta area, that's the way I understood it anyway. I specifically remember this because some neighsayers have suggested that the success TWill has achieved is because he was the Atlanta area recruiter, so of course he is succeeding. I don't share this belief, but I remember a few posters suggesting that TWill was so successful because of the area he was in charge of... 

Thanks eugene!!!! I did not know they had given it to steele for this cycle.  I could of sworn they gave it to T Will and he took it over right after they yanked it from Kodi 2 years ago. That is what I remember most recent about it.

By Benjamin Wolk, Auburn Recruiting Reporter

Auburn reassigns assistant coach recruiting territories

Auburn didn’t have much coaching change this offseason, but it was enough to adjust the recruiting territories. The Tigers flipped Herb Hand for J.B. Grimes, who is familiar recruiting on Auburn’s behalf. They added 10th assistant coach Marcus Woodson, who has strong ties to a few previous destinations.

Here is how Auburn plans to split up the Southeast for recruiting purposes in the 2019 class.

Offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey

• Northwest Alabama
  • Southwest Georgia

Running backs coach Tim Horton

• Northeast Alabama
  • Northwest Georgia
  • Cobb County (Atlanta)
  • Tampa Bay
  • Arkansas

Tight ends coach Larry Porter

• Dekalb County (Atlanta)
  • Broward and Miami-Dade counties (South Florida)

Offensive line coach J.B. Grimes

• South Georgia
  • Southeast Alabama
  • Tallahassee, Fla.

Wide receivers coach Kodi Burns

• Orlando metro
  • New Orleans metro

Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele

• Montgomery, Ala. to Mobile, Ala.
  • Florida panhandle west of Tallahassee
  • South Carolina

Defensive line coach Rodney Garner

• Birmingham metro
  • Fulton County (Atlanta)
  • West Georgia
  • Middle Georgia

Defensive backs coach Greg Brown

• Palm Beach County (Florida)
  • Bradenton, Fla.
  • Sarasota, Fla.

Defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson

• Mississippi
  • Memphis, Tenn.
  • Northwest Alabama
  • Central Alabama

Linebackers coach Travis Williams

• Gwinnett County (Atlanta)
  • Jacksonville, Fla.
  • South Carolina

25 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That is so funny you should mention that. THE MAIN person and honestly I think he is a army of one is the person you are thinking of who thinks T wills great recruiting success is mainly due to his area! lol. UNCLE MIKEY STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERES MIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got to watch out for him complimenting T Will he is quick to try and poo poo it! haha.

er.gif

8 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Here is what I went off of... 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/4/12/15267040/ncaa-rule-high-school-coach-recruit-camp-hire

"Essentially, it means that anyone associated with a prospect cannot be hired as a non-field coach within two years of the prospect’s signing (read: high school coaches primarily). That is a very limiting rule since there are only nine on-field coaching positions. And if you do hire a high school coach, he can’t recruit a prospect from his former school for two years."

Yes & it says the same thing. LKeel said. You can't recruit a kid from a HS you have hired someone in an off field position 2 years prior or after the hire. You can however recruit the player if the coach is hired as an on field coach. & the article is outdated. There are 10 on field assistants now, not 9.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes & it says the same thing. LKeel said. You can't recruit a kid from a HS you have hired someone in an off field position 2 years prior or after the hire. You can however recruit the player if the coach is hired as an on field coach. & the article is outdated. There are 10 on field assistants now, not 9.

Not at all trying to argue, but the reason I posted this is because it says in this article that if a coach is hired as an on the field coach, he still can't recruit that school for 2 years, which isn't what LKeel had said. 

I don't know if they can or not, I'm just saying the article I read about it said they can't recruit that school for 2 years even as an on the field coach. 

I'm just trying to get a grip on this rule... Even though the conversation is really for naught, since there is no chance we hire Cadillac to be our currently filled RB coach. I'm just trying to get a handle on the rule, because you never know what can happen. Eventually Gus may want to hire Josh Floyd from Hewitt-Trussville and understanding how that would effect our recruiting would be nice. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thanks eugene!!!! I did not know they had given it to steele for this cycle.  I could of sworn they gave it to T Will and he took it over right after they yanked it from Kodi 2 years ago. That is what I remember most recent about it.

They did but Steele took it over this cycle. Keith & B-Wolk reported it.  Also I was wrong on IMG. That's Brown's territory. Current AU coach territories from B-Wolk The Brown info came from a more detailed description from Keith.

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not at all trying to argue, but the reason I posted this is because it says in this article that if a coach is hired as an on the field coach, he still can't recruit that school for 2 years, which isn't what LKeel had said. 

But that wasn't even the original part of the discussion so I don't see the point of focusing on that detail. The point of the discussion is the college can recruit the high school even if the on field coach hypothetically can't so him not recruiting the school is not ancillary. The college will already have a coach recruiting the area. And the article is from SB Nation who is only a half step up from Bleacher Report in terms of cess pool outlets so they could be very wrong on that detail.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, McLoofus said:

It's felt like Horton has had one foot out the door for a couple years now. I'd be more than happy with an injection of new energy there. But I don't have any names, so I'll sit back down now. 

I had thought that's why Gus hired Porter, because Horton had been looking and if he moved on Porter would take over as RB coach( I think Porter used to coach RB's). But Horton's still here so IDK. Still think Porter would do a good job there, we can see he is doing great on the recruiting trail.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

247 just dropped Cains rating like an anchor in water; from 100 to 242. Anyone know why?

Still no word on this drop?  That's pretty drastic even for summer.

37 minutes ago, keesler said:

Still no word on this drop?

Covered in the Updated 247 rankings thread. He was out shined by a number of RBs at camps this Summer.

38 minutes ago, keesler said:

That's pretty drastic even for summer.

Not compared to Boobie's 330+ spot drop.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Covered in the Updated 247 rankings thread. He was out shined by a number of RBs at camps this Summer.

Not compared to Boobie's 330+ spot drop.

Sagging Boobies make me particularly sad ? 

17 hours ago, keesler said:

Still no word on this drop?  That's pretty drastic even for summer.

Dropping from 100 to 242 isn't what you'd like to see in your #1 RB target. I realize ratings are only ratings, but if "consistency is the mark of greatness", the inconsistency demonstrated by this drop is certainly not a great thing for the schools recruiting him.

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Dropping from 100 to 242 isn't what you'd like to see in your #1 RB target. I realize ratings are only ratings, but if "consistency is the mark of greatness", the inconsistency demonstrated by this drop is certainly not a great thing for the schools recruiting him.

Well, he's got an entire Sr season to really show his stuff and these ratings can obviously change on a dime. 

Archived