2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, he's got an entire Sr season to really show his stuff and these ratings can obviously change on a dime. 

Certainly. However, the ratings drop is likely due to one of three things: Lack of effort, lack of ability or nagging injuries. The first two should be a red flag warning and injuries aren't all that great either.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yawn. Once Whitlow gets rolling this season, Gus will give him 90% of the carries the next two years anyway.?

Here's hoping Whitlow is that good. It's yet to be proven and success with a few "reverse the field" ad-libs in practice is a long, long way from earning 90% of the carries in games.

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yawn. Once Whitlow gets rolling this season, Gus will give him 90% of the carries the next two years anyway.?

Not if he doesn't have ball security or pass blocks well. Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not if he doesn't have ball security or pass blocks well. Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

Won't even play the only healthy one. >:(

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Won't even play the only healthy one. >:(

Still too soon. 

....kinda like not playing Bubba against Clemson in ‘16, but playing 82 different players at QB...including a whirling dervish 

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

Still too soon. 

....kinda like not playing Bubba against Clemson in ‘16, but playing 82 different players at QB...including a whirling dervish 

Bubba was suspended for that game, if memory serves. Should we have pulled a bammer and got him off the bench and into the game regardless?

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Bubba was suspended for that game, if memory serves. Should we have pulled a bammer and got him off the bench and into the game regardless?

I may be mistaken, but I think he was suspended for the ‘17 Clemson game, not ‘16, but as I said, I may be mis-remembering. 

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

Yes. I agree with Gus’s philosophy, too. I’d personally rather give up quick scores than turn the ball over..

For all of the mistakes that Gus made in that 2016 Clemson game, I don't know that not playing Pettway was high on the list. KJ was our best back and we could have won that game playing normal American football with him. We could have won in 2017, too. 

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per multiple people who were at some practices this spring............................ No way Whitlow will be a factor at RB this year. 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Per multiple people who were at some practices this spring............................ No way Whitlow will be a factor at RB this year. 

Do you mind expanding on this just so I can have some clarification?  I was lead to believe he was "turning heads."

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For all of the mistakes that Gus made in that 2016 Clemson game, I don't know that not playing Pettway was high on the list. KJ was our best back and we could have won that game playing normal American football with him. We could have won in 2017, too. 

Sure, but how boring would that have been?

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do you mind expanding on this just so I can have some clarification?  I was lead to believe he was "turning heads."

In the A-Day game he showed both his strengths and his weaknesses. He broke of a run that would have lost a yard and reversed field almost losing 20 yards multiple times. He showed good speed and toughness to eventually get back to line of scrimmage and pick up a couple of yards, but if that had been against a bama or GA or our 1st team defense he would have lost 20 yards. It was a bad choice.

Gus likes backs that don't hurt the team that is why he wants ball control (not fumbling), pass blocking and good decision making.  I can see him becoming a good RB but he will have to work at his trade.  Now if he listened to coach's and worked on his weaknesses during off season and in fall then he could work his way back into the mix because he does have size, strength, speed and some natural running instincts.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I was lead to believe he was "turning heads." 

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the A-Day game he showed both his strengths and his weaknesses. He broke of a run that would have lost a yard and reversed field almost losing 20 yards multiple times. He showed good speed and toughness to eventually get back to line of scrimmage and pick up a couple of yards, but if that had been against a bama or GA or our 1st team defense he would have lost 20 yards. It was a bad choice.

Gus likes backs that don't hurt the team that is why he wants ball control (not fumbling), pass blocking and good decision making.  I can see him becoming a good RB but he will have to work at his trade.  Now if he listened to coach's and worked on his weaknesses during off season and in fall then he could work his way back into the mix because he does have size, strength, speed and some natural running instincts.

This plus unfortunately RL isn't an EA Sports game where you can turn fumbles "off".

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Boy that is encouraging...

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

This plus unfortunately RL isn't an EA Sports game where you can turn fumbles "off".

So Malik Willis, Malik Miller, and J. Whitlow all have trouble holding onto the ball......great!

2 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

So Malik Willis, Malik Miller, and J. Whitlow all have trouble holding onto the ball......great!

Is it confirmed that Miller was still having those problems in spring ball? 

So this Cain kid would be a great pickup!

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Haven’t heard anything since last year on if Miller still has funblitis or not.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

So this Cain kid would be a great pickup!

There is nothing new on him. WDE  gave the latest he heard & I gave the latest I had read.

49 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Asa Martin imo gets the new guy reps and could earn the expanded role as the season progresses.  

He had some coughs his senior year of high school. Let’s hope that has stopped since he got to Auburn. 

I would like to know if Harold Joiner will be in the mix.  I love his size. Reminds me of an RB years ago named Brandon Jacobs from Louisiana. He was a huge back that could run in the 4.45 40.

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I would like to know if Harold Joiner will be in the mix.  I love his size. Reminds me of an RB years ago named Brandon Jacobs from Louisiana. He was a huge back that could run in the 4.45 40.

He won't be.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He won't be.

Change of position or redshirt year?

Archived