Null

Zeek

2019 4* RB Noah Cain

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, he's got an entire Sr season to really show his stuff and these ratings can obviously change on a dime. 

Certainly. However, the ratings drop is likely due to one of three things: Lack of effort, lack of ability or nagging injuries. The first two should be a red flag warning and injuries aren't all that great either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yawn. Once Whitlow gets rolling this season, Gus will give him 90% of the carries the next two years anyway.😉

Here's hoping Whitlow is that good. It's yet to be proven and success with a few "reverse the field" ad-libs in practice is a long, long way from earning 90% of the carries in games.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Yawn. Once Whitlow gets rolling this season, Gus will give him 90% of the carries the next two years anyway.😉

Not if he doesn't have ball security or pass blocks well. Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

• Angry 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not if he doesn't have ball security or pass blocks well. Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

Won't even play the only healthy one. >:(

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Won't even play the only healthy one. >:(

Still too soon. 

....kinda like not playing Bubba against Clemson in ‘16, but playing 82 different players at QB...including a whirling dervish 

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

Still too soon. 

....kinda like not playing Bubba against Clemson in ‘16, but playing 82 different players at QB...including a whirling dervish 

Bubba was suspended for that game, if memory serves. Should we have pulled a bammer and got him off the bench and into the game regardless?

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Bubba was suspended for that game, if memory serves. Should we have pulled a bammer and got him off the bench and into the game regardless?

I may be mistaken, but I think he was suspended for the ‘17 Clemson game, not ‘16, but as I said, I may be mis-remembering. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus won't play the best runner if he can't block or hold the ball at a quality level.

Yes. I agree with Gus’s philosophy, too. I’d personally rather give up quick scores than turn the ball over..

• Like 1

For all of the mistakes that Gus made in that 2016 Clemson game, I don't know that not playing Pettway was high on the list. KJ was our best back and we could have won that game playing normal American football with him. We could have won in 2017, too. 

• Thanks 1