2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

Who is supposedly better for IMG between Cain and Sanders?  They are both highly ranked

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Who is supposedly better for IMG between Cain and Sanders?  They are both highly ranked

Pretty much same type back Cain may have just a slight more top end speed.  Both are elite type backs that do everything really good.  Just whoever connects with the recruits and such is who you zero in on.  Plus as fans we know very little about these kids at IMG because it’s a sports factory and they are away from home and sheltered away from a lot of the normal distractions. 

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Pretty much same type back Cain may have just a slight more top end speed.  Both are elite type backs that do everything really good.  Just whoever connects with the recruits and such is who you zero in on.  Plus as fans we know very little about these kids at IMG because it’s a sports factory and they are away from home and sheltered away from a lot of the normal distractions. 

What are the chances we look at the Glass guy you mentioned? I really liked what I saw in his highlights. He wears a brace on his right knee and im wondering if he tore his ACL the previous year. Doesnt appear to slow him down at all though.

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What are the chances we look at the Glass guy you mentioned?

From Texas...Nothing more than a token offer to gage interest IMO.

17 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

What are the chances we look at the Glass guy you mentioned? I really liked what I saw in his highlights. He wears a brace on his right knee and im wondering if he tore his ACL the previous year. Doesnt appear to slow him down at all though.

I'm sure we will extend the general offer.  Probably contact his high school coach and possibly talk with the kid.  Where it goes from there who knows.  We generally don't recruit much in Texas.  

I only mentioned him because I like his jump cut and bounce.  Plus seems to not shy away from contact.  

We should be recruiting the entire nation. Recruiting only the South is a big, no a HUGE disadvantage. 

UAT, LSU, and UGA don't just recruit a handful of states. They recruit nationwide. We need to start doing the same, or we will fall further behind those three programs. Hard to say we are behind LSU, but they never seem to have a problem loading their roster with talent. Now we have Jimbo at A&M to deal with...

I've never understood us just recruiting just the Southeast.

On to Cain, I really hope Bo can help land this guy. But to me, just by name, it feel  like he will end up at Clemson. I hope he ends up a Tiger, but as an Auburn Tiger.

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

UAT, LSU, and UGA don't just recruit a handful of states.

On the contrary. UGA heavily feeds on Georgia kids & LSU heavily feeds on Louisiana & Texas. Alabama recruits nationally because they are an elite national brand right now. Before Saban they were a Southeastern regional brand & not doing much nationally.

We need to start doing the same,

We can't just "start" going national just because we want to. We have to win big consistently to build up to a national elite brand to go national. It's not like the old EASports video games where you could cherry pick who you want from across the nation & go hard after them early and get them. Winning recruiting battles in real life often comes from relationships. The best way to build those relationships outside of your recruiting area is to win big. What you say, think, & who you are then carries much more weight outside of your geographical region.

I've never understood us just recruiting just the Southeast.

Hopefully you do now

I always thought it was a mistake for UTenn to take their recruiting nationally back in the day.  My perception was that they did so at the expense of building deep roots in AL, GA, and FL.  The guys from across the country sometimes get homesick and aren't necessarily as invested in the rivalry games as the southeast kids.  And when you fall on hard times your recruiting can take a bad turn.

There are enough players in Al, Ga, Miss and Fla to build the rosters for four or five national championship contenders. To paraphrase the old "bringing ice to the Eskimos" thing, we are where the ice is. Outside of the rare recruit that might show some interest, it's a waste of resources to go globe trotting for football players. Mizzou has put up billboards in Atlanta. Ohio State feeds heavily in the Southeast. We already live where the players are. We have four on the roster from Texas and one from Kansas and are recruiting a TE from New Jersey so it's not like we never leave the area, but those visits should address a unique need or the unusual kid who has reached out to AU for whatever reason.

There's a War Eagle - Nova - No(v)ah Cain (to numb the pain?) joke or nickname connection in here somewhere to be made, but I'm struggling with it. Maybe some of you can finish off the thought process for me.

52 minutes ago, looney said:

There's a War Eagle - Nova - No(v)ah Cain (to numb the pain?) joke or nickname connection in here somewhere to be made, but I'm struggling with it. Maybe some of you can finish off the thought process for me.

Saturday's your huckleberry. 

19 hours ago, corchjay said:

I'm sure we will extend the general offer.  Probably contact his high school coach and possibly talk with the kid.  Where it goes from there who knows.  We generally don't recruit much in Texas.  

I only mentioned him because I like his jump cut and bounce.  Plus seems to not shy away from contact.  

But the question is will the offer get to the player or will the coach forget???   lol    :drippingsarcasm7pa:

On 1/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Sanders looks to be ranked higher but they're real similar. I say work on taking both if they have a good relationship.

Cain says Ohio State has separated itself from the others by staying in constant contact daily and said one of their players has become an older brother figure to him.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/5-star-rb-noah-cain-says-ohio-state-solidified-among-top-schools

Based off his Twitter he seems to enjoy the attention on who he'll end up going with. Retweets the players who tell him to come play with them and remains cryptic as to where he'll ultimately end up.

Still early but I would try to schedule him for as many visits as possible and stay on top of him relentlessly. Whoever shows the kids the most love will likely end up with his commitment.

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

@therealnoahcain

Show this kid some Auburn love

No. The thing that makes the Auburn fanbase different than others is that we don’t tweet at high school kids. It’s weird if grown men tweet at 17/18 year old kids telling them to come to their school. Leave the tweeting at kids to Tennessee and Ohio State. 

44 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

No. The thing that makes the Auburn fanbase different than others is that we don’t tweet at high school kids. It’s weird if grown men tweet at 17/18 year old kids telling them to come to their school. Leave the tweeting at kids to Tennessee and Ohio State. 

Fair enough, maybe I'm not old enough to see it that way. Just think he'd be a phenomenal talent for us.

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Fair enough, maybe I'm not old enough to see it that way. Just think he'd be a phenomenal talent for us.

If there's one thing that has proven to be true, players that are motivated by attention don't usually pan out at Auburn. So if that's his deciding factor, he's probably not a good fit.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

More like creepy.

Archived