2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

@DAGis back big time when his Neegan returns! 

Oh, Yes. Not bashing heads just yet, just entering out of the trailer.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. The way I remember it, which could be wrong, he acknowledged that they were caught with their pants down in the SECCG and should have done more to prepare KMart. He mentioned Gus and Gus's philosophy a lot in those comments. 

Yeah. I’m going to need a link with this if something like this was said. 

I know it is a dead period and we don't have much to discuss, but couldn't these discussion be taken to other threads rather than a player's recruiting thread?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. The way I remember it, which could be wrong, he acknowledged that they were caught with their pants down in the SECCG and should have done more to prepare KMart. He mentioned Gus and Gus's philosophy a lot in those comments. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-running-backs-rotation-split-2018-tim-horton/amp

I think this is it 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Somewhat. He especially takes responsibility for the rotations though. 

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Somewhat. He especially takes responsibility for the rotations though. 

As he should 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That assumes that they actually aren't ready to go as opposed to Gus just refusing to believe that they're ready to go. 

Well you know what they say about assuming, so you have a valid point.

Rob Cassidy of Rivals wrote an article on the Cain recruitment. It was who are the pretenders for Cain and who are the teams with a real chance. Bottom line was Auburn is a pretender to him. The 3 teams he said that have a real chance in order are: LSU, Penn State and Texas. He wrote that AU only got into the mix 6 months ago and that put us way behind.

I am on my phone and can't port the article.  

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Rob Cassidy of Rivals wrote an article on the Cain recruitment. It was who are the pretenders for Cain and who are the teams with a real chance. Bottom line was Auburn is a pretender to him. The 3 teams he said that have a real chance in order are: LSU, Penn State and Texas. He wrote that AU only got into the mix 6 months ago and that put us way behind.

Check @corchjay's comments on the first page of this thread. Not sure if the "why" of us coming in late on an elite back coached by Cadillac Williams was ever discussed. But if the guy is still high on our board then it would seem somebody screwed up big time. 

8 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I wouldn’t quite call us pretenders but we’re definitely behind. Still a decent amount of time left though. His mom made a trip up on her own, I know that’s been repeated a bunch but parents don’t do that for poops and giggles.

If Cain commits to us. it will be a huge surprise.

Think the coaches know he is trending away from AU and that is why they have began to reach out to some others.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:03 PM, ellitor said:

As I stated yesterday I think it was explosive plays & not his workload that got him drafted.

"I think anytime you carry the ball the amount of times he did in the SEC, that's pretty impressive," Detroit offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter said. "We think he brings a lot to the table, can kind of do different things, play with different versatility. And, you know, every time you evaluate a guy in college, you have strong opinions about him, and then you bring him in and see what you got."

• 2 weeks later...

Well LSU can definitely sell early playing time, considering they only have half of a roster left...

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Well LSU can definitely sell early playing time, considering they only have half of a roster left...

Well they may not have a staff to sell. If they implode and the staff gets fired then it’s game on!

It is always hard for me to count out LSU because the one thing they have year in and year out is talent capable of going to the next level. Despite everybody saying they are going to be down this year if they could find a decent QB they will be a lot tougher than everyone is expecting. If we have to rely on LSU to implode to get Cain we better have a backup plan in place at RB.

Have heard lately that AU is all in on Cain as our first back. Thoughts are that Cain likes LSU as his first choice, at least right now. Cain has also stated he would like to play in an offense that is a Pro type offense so he can prepare best for the next level. All this does not sound good for us, but our staff is all in. I have heard if we don't pull Cain, then we may be leaning to a JC RB. Wish we were all in on 5 or so quality HS RB's. This has been a very good recruiting year for us but I have to say I am disappointed with our RB recruiting. If Horton moved on after this year I would not be upset. 

31 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is always hard for me to count out LSU because the one thing they have year in and year out is talent capable of going to the next level. Despite everybody saying they are going to be down this year if they could find a decent QB they will be a lot tougher than everyone is expecting. If we have to rely on LSU to implode to get Cain we better have a backup plan in place at RB.

You mean that college that had 51 NFL players to bama's 44 last year? (You're totally right.)

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well they may not have a staff to sell. If they implode and the staff gets fired then it’s game on!

That could also be another selling point.  "Come to LSU, where you have the option to play in your first year as we need to able to field 11 players on each side of the ball, OR you could also become a coach for us."

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yes they have a lot of talent but they also have Coach O who is an inept coach. He’ll screw it up for them. If they didn’t have an  inept  coach I would agree with you but they do so them imploding is very possible.

30 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Have heard lately that AU is all in on Cain as our first back. Thoughts are that Cain likes LSU as his first choice, at least right now. Cain has also stated he would like to play in an offense that is a Pro type offense so he can prepare best for the next level. All this does not sound good for us, but our staff is all in. I have heard if we don't pull Cain, then we may be leaning to a JC RB. Wish we were all in on 5 or so quality HS RB's. This has been a very good recruiting year for us but I have to say I am disappointed with our RB recruiting. If Horton moved on after this year I would not be upset. 

If this is what the kid wants, and AU is "all-in" then what's our sales pitch to get him?

And getting a Juco RB to perform at SEC level......yikes.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yes they have a lot of talent but they also have Coach O who is an inept coach. He’ll screw it up for them. If they didn’t have an  inept  coach I would agree with you but they do so them imploding is very possible.

Coach O + Coach E = a Cajun clown show 

On 8/3/2018 at 1:23 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

Auburn is a pretender to him

Quoting Keith from 2 weeks ago... "Cassidy is flat out wrong."

On 8/3/2018 at 4:23 PM, War to the Eagle said:

New CB for LSU, too.

From an Oklahoma reporter which means the pick means nothing. The only picks that matter & are worth post will come from AU, Texas, LSU, & maybe Penn St writers.

Archived