2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm wondering if some of the PTB are thinking of HF as a HCIW

Don't think it matters. If he turns around AU's O for a couple of years that will get him some HC offers & unfortunately Gus some job security.

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm wondering if some of the PTB are thinking of HF as a HCIW

I thought of that 2 days ago in a slightly different version:

Allows you to dismiss a HC early or midseason and give HF a 5-7 games to be evaluated by A Greene.   If AG wanted to do so during the 2019 season.  Just a more strategic way of thinking about things.     This is kinda how LSU did things with Orgeron.

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip is gone. Sure he will talk privately about Gus but no publicly. There are a lot of people, Gus included, that think Chip is the one who talked to Marcello. I don't know. 

I missed this, WDE. What are you alluding to here? Lindsey talked to Marcello about what?

Chip isn’t and hasn’t been happy with how his role has been managed. If he wants to move on with the least amount of drama he of course will not publicly bad-mouth his current boss. Would he talk to a reporter on the DL and be transparent about his dissatisfaction? Damn right, and who could blame him frankly....

10 hours ago, bg5 said:

Saw Noah Cain last Friday he didn't get to play much but he looks to have good size and speed.  

I’ve been really high on Cain throughout this process. Just wish he was equally high on Auburn and it doesn’t seem to be the case. Emphasis on “really”.

Honestly I don’t think being at IMG has done much to boost his stock. 

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’ve been really high on Cain throughout this process. Just wish he was equally high on Auburn and it doesn’t seem to be the case. Emphasis on “really”.

Honestly I don’t think being at IMG has done much to boost his stock. 

Totally agree he is their second string RB. In most cases nobody would even look at the second string RB but it is IMG. The good news if we get him is that he wasn't abused physically this year like most 4* RB's and he got some really good coaching.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Auburn made a huge mistake when it hired Gus as the HC.  Note that tons of folks on this forum have said every year that Gus is still learning on the job!  What kind of nonsense is it to hire a coach who has not already learned how to be a HC?  Look at who Gus has had as his teachers.  Really?  It should have been crystal clear to Auburn that Gus simply did not have the background to be ready as a HC in the toughest football conference in all of college football!

I don’t particularly want Freeze as an OC and I sure don’t want him as the HCIW.  He has the same limited coaching background as Gus.  No good teachers!

I am fine with taking a chance on an up and coming assistant coach, ONLY if he has learned from very good and successful head coaches.  AU fans who financially support Auburn deserve a professional approach to hiring a HC and hiring assistant coaches.  We don’t need another HC who makes lazy decisions on hiring coaches, and we sure don’t need the PTB to make lazy decisions.  That is exactly why we are in the mess we are in. 

Auburn is in this mess because of incompetent hiring practices that reach all the way to the top.  It is time for the BOT to do its job and show professional leadership for everything AU does.  

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

IMO Auburn made a huge mistake when it hired Gus as the HC.  Note that tons of folks on this forum have said every year that Gus is still learning on the job!  What kind of nonsense is it to hire a coach who has not already learned how to be a HC?  Look at who Gus has had as his teachers.  Really?  It should have been crystal clear to Auburn that Gus simply did not have the background to be ready as a HC in the toughest football conference in all of college football!

I don’t particularly want Freeze as an OC and I sure don’t want him as the HCIW.  He has the same limited coaching background as Gus.  No good teachers!

I am fine with taking a chance on an up and coming assistant coach, ONLY if he has learned from very good and successful head coaches.  AU fans who financially support Auburn deserve a professional approach to hiring a HC and hiring assistant coaches.  We don’t need another HC who makes lazy decisions on hiring coaches, and we sure don’t need the PTB to make lazy decisions.  That is exactly why we are in the mess we are in. 

Auburn is in this mess because of incompetent hiring practices that reach all the way to the top.  It is time for the BOT to do its job and show professional leadership for everything AU does.  

Not sure that post's connection w/ Cain but you say it's crystal clear. Not at all. Saban, Dabo, Urban and a dozen other examples hardly had good "teachers" and they generally cut their teeth as coordinators & position coaches at big programs when those programs were down. Curry on the other hand had some of the best coaches of all time as his "teachers' and he was an average HC at best @ Ga Tech, Bama & Ky. Hind sight is 20/20, our hiring formula wasn't flawed - self defeating stubborn-ness by the elevated O coordinator can be hard to predict. Gus played Cam like Urban had for about 3 games than changed everything and the rest is history. Back before Gus got stubborn. THAT's what we hired!

Anyway, I would hope Noah looks at Gus' ten 1,000 yard rushers in nine years - with both good and not so good o-lines - and come aboard.

Saban didn't have a good teacher???? Belichek says hi & that's from someone who can't stand the Patsies.

Also believe Don James one of his mentors who was a good coach.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Saban didn't have a good teacher???? Belichek says hi & that's from someone who can't stand the Patsies.

Also believe Don James one of his mentors who was a good coach.

Excellent points and I would also like to add for those who like to compare what he did at MSU with Gus' first years at AU that they were under NCAA sanctions when he took over.  Saban not only had great coaches he worked under but he also spent time in the NFL under other coaches.  

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

How do you figure?  Thought he was as good as gone.  

Keith put up a RB recruiting insider piece a few hours ago. A good bit of it was about Cain.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith put up a RB recruiting insider piece a few hours ago. A good bit of it was about Cain.

Who would be our two RB’s we take out of Cain, MAR, and Williams?  Personally from what I have read on here, Williams and MAR are the better of the three film wise.  Is this incorrect?

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Who would be our two RB’s we take out of Cain, MAR, and Williams?

And Griffin. Probably first 2 come first 2 serve.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Williams and MAR are the better of the three film wise.  Is this incorrect?

Matter of personal opinion. Just trust in what you see. All 4 films are good.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

And Griffin. Probably first 2 come first 2 serve.

Matter of personal opinion. Just trust in what you see. All 4 films are good.

I think it will be Cain and MAR

22 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think it will be Cain and MAR

I don't. They have the same 2 teams fighting it out for both of them. It's more likely they both choose a different school from the other with AU getting one & likely 1 of DJ or Griffin.

Archived