2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2018 at 8:39 AM, Mikey said:

I don't recall any recruit's mom visiting without the player before this case. Interesting, and unless I'm wrong, a first.

Not that I can remember. I'm curious the reasoning behind that. It may be an assumption but it feels like we might be momma's favorite! Really hoping we can get a recruiting win here; Cain seems extremely special to me.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Noah plans on being at big cat weekend.

Good. We needed to get him back on campus. Surround him with Bo, George, and OP and any other big recruits we get. He already has a lot of respect for the program and was happy about the potential of playing with Bo and George.

8 hours ago, CAS15 said:

That's awesome. He's my biggest "want" in this class. Haven't seen a running back quite like him in a minute.

“Just seeing the future of us possibly playing together at Auburn, that’s big,” top running back target Noah Cain said about his relationship with quarterback commit Bo Nix. “Like Coach Malzahn said, if everything goes in [Auburn’s] favor, we could be the top recruiting class in the country.”

When a player refers to a team as "we", you have to think that's a pretty good sign.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

“Just seeing the future of us possibly playing together at Auburn, that’s big,” top running back target Noah Cain said about his relationship with quarterback commit Bo Nix. “Like Coach Malzahn said, if everything goes in [Auburn’s] favor, we could be the top recruiting class in the country.”

When a player refers to a team as "we", you have to think that's a pretty good sign.

I wonder what the pronoun that they replaced [Auburn] with is. If it was "our favor" then it really could be a big sign. His mom did make a trip up to Auburn on her own earlier this year. Boy I really want this one to pan out for us. Nix/Cain/Pickens is a hell of a trio.

Just now, Zeek said:

I wonder what the pronoun that they replaced [Auburn] with is. If it was "our favor" then it really could be a big sign. His mom did make a trip up to Auburn on her own earlier this year. Boy I really want this one to pan out for us. Nix/Cain/Pickens is a hell of a trio.

I was wondering what they replaced, too. 

The mom thing, plus all the talk about him and Nix getting tight, plus the "we" makes me think he's a silent.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, SaturdayGT said:

"Noah Cain" 

image.jpeg

What you would say the dentist numbed your mouth with, shortly after he just numbed your mouth with it......

This still is and will continue to be the most important post in this thread.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This still is and will continue to be the most important post in this thread.

I just hope Alabama gets a linebacker with the last name Abel...

Cain gets the "rock" and he's heading towards Abel...

30 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As stated in the 2019 thread that's an old quote. At least 2-3 months old. I think it was from his visit in January-early February. Texas likely leads right now. I wouldn't get my hopes up at the moment. Still need to get him here for BCW in a month & the bus tour IMG is doing soon & then see where things go from there.

44 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just hope Alabama gets a linebacker with the last name Abel...

Cain gets the "rock" and he's heading towards Abel...

That would make us the baddies though.

Then again,

Image result for the world needs bad men

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As stated in the 2019 thread that's an old quote. At least 2-3 months old. I think it was from his visit in January-early February. Texas likely leads right now. I wouldn't get my hopes up at the moment. Still need to get him here for BCW in a month & the bus tour IMG is doing soon & then see where things go from there.

We should warn him that Herb Hand will be building the line that is supposed to block for him lol

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We should warn him that Herb Hand will be building the line that is supposed to block for him lol

He will see that this year on the field.

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

giphy.gif

On 5/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, CAS15 said:

I have a feeling Big Cat is going to be Huuuggggeee this year ?

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

Hands OLs have done well in run blocking.

2015 196.3 ypg (last under Grimes)

2016 271.3 ypg (Hand)

2017 218.3 ypg (Hand)

Pass blocking on the other hand...

2014 (PSU) 124/127 44 sacks allowed

2015 (PSU) 113/128 39 sacks allowed

2016 25/128 19 sacks allowed

2017 113/140 36 sacks allowed

2016 is kind of an anomaly since we rushed for almost 300 yards a game and rarely passed the ball. 

Even with the anomaly of 2016 and finishing in the top 25 for sacks allowed, over the last 4 seasons, teams coached by Hand finished with an average ranking of 94th for sacks allowed. 

PSU and Auburn both set school records for sacks under his tutelage, and both fan bases were very happy to see him go. 

• 3 weeks later...

Top running back will visit for Big Cat Weekend

For the third time this spring, the Cains will visit Auburn.

Noah Cain, the Tigers’ top running back target for 2019, told SEC Country on Monday that he’ll be back at Auburn for Big Cat Weekend on June 2. He’ll make that return trip with his father, who accompanied him for a junior day earlier in the spring. Separately, Cain’s mother visited Auburn on her own to form an opinion about the school.

Multiple sources have confirmed to me that Cain is option 1A or 1B at running back in the 2019 class along with Louisiana prospect John Emery. While Auburn hasn’t always been linked to Cain, it’s obvious there is serious interest between the two sides.

Looking back at Cain’s last visit to Auburn, it’s actually quite interesting to see some of his post-visit comments.

“They surpassed expectations,” Cain said. “All the running backs they put in the league is big for me. Actually they’re the best school at putting running backs in the league; 38 running backs is the most out of any school in FBS. They embraced me this weekend and showed a lot of love.”

Perhaps even more intriguing was not the fact that he talked about his relationship with quarterback Bo Nix — rather how he spoke about it.

Cain spoke highly of his relationship with Nix. He admitted that the Auburn quarterback commit was coming at him hard, and it was working. But he also used the word we on a few occasions in reference to the strong class the Tigers were building.

“Bo Nix is the best dual-threat quarterback in the country, in my opinion. George [Pickens] is a big-time receiver,” Cain said. “Just seeing the future of us possibly playing together at Auburn, that’s big. Like Coach [Gus] Malzahn said, if everything goes in their favor, we could be the top recruiting class in the country.”

Read into that as much as you’d like.

The point being: Auburn is a real threat, even if some national stories don’t necessarily indicate that yet.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:59 PM, ellitor said:

The point being: Auburn is a real threat, even if some national stories don’t necessarily indicate that yet.

Yes please, I hope Big Cat really pushes his interests to the max! 

Please lord yes... He's my biggest "want" in this class

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Please lord yes... He's my biggest "want" in this class

Completely agree.  What an all around offensive class if Cain joined Bo, Pickens, Fromm.  WOW!!!

If we could get him, along with Bo and Pickens, o-line commitments would easily follow suit!

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

If we could get him, along with Bo and Pickens, o-line commitments would easily follow suit!

He's my favorite RB recruit in a long time 

22 hours ago, toddc said:

What are the odds that he pulls the trigger early enough to make that happen?

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What are the odds that he pulls the trigger early enough to make that happen?

Doesn't need to be early but I'm not sure the skill players will have much of an effect on what lineman we get regardless. I think tod is being overly optimistic. T-Will, Porter, & JB still has to be the ones to win those battles for us.

Archived