2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Doesn't need to be early but I'm not sure the skill players will have much of an effect on what lineman we get regardless.

Probably not, but if I was a lineman, I'd want to block for someone who puts up gaudy numbers... makes me look better.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Father of 4-star RB: Auburn a 'wonderful place'

Earlier this week, Auburn Undercover introduced you to Terence Cain, father of 4-star running back target Noah Cain of Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, ahead of the family's visit to Auburn on Friday-Sunday for Big Cat Weekend. In that article, Terence Cain noted, “Auburn definitely is in the mix. Honestly, we wouldn’t be going back there if it was a school we weren’t heavily interested in. They have heavy interest in us and we feel the same about them. It’s a great place. Great education. Great program. It’s a unique situation, it really is.”

Noah Cain isn't a run-of-the-mill recruit. He's the No. 2 running back nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite -- and certainly is one of Auburn's two or three top targets at that position. A lot of schools are involved. Georgia, LSU, Ohio State and Oklahoma are just a few that come to mind.

As noted in our previous article, according to Terence Cain, the family has a good relationship with multiple Auburn coaches.

“We talk to (running backs) Coach (Tim) Horton a lot, we talk to Coach Malzahn and also the OC (Chip Lindsey) -- I know Noah talks to the OC as well," Terence Cain said.

On Thursday, we again caught up with Terence Cain, this time to talk about his son's recruitment as a whole from a parent's point of view.

"I really haven't had anything catch me off guard, and the reason I'm able to say that is because I've had a good team around me from early on in this process," Terence Cain told the SEC Recruiting Buzz podcast. "Once we knew that football was going to be the sport that Noah was going to, we immediately began to seek professional advice to ensure he didn’t have any mishaps or things we didn't like or disagree with. The process has been very good. We're thankful -- thank God the process has been very smooth."

Auburn has emerged as a contender in the battle for Cain, who will release his top five in late July most likely. This will be the second time Noah and his father have visited the Tigers this year. Additionally, his mother visited Auburn on her own this spring.

4COMMENTS

"It's a wonderful place," Terence Cain said. "Very genuine staff. The culture is great there. They're doing the right thing to build that championship program. You know, it's a good fit. It's a very, very good fit for my son's skillset. And when they tell him and tell myself and his mother -- it's great to hear the good side -- also, they talk to us and break it down on the chalk board as to how they will use him in their offense. And all that's important. It's very important. It's wonderful."

It’s been said, but people really don’t understand how much we really are in this with Cain. Lots of stuff working in our favor.

Unless it's just helicopter parenting, I get a good vibe from how involved his parents are in his recruitment. Seems like he might be a kid you don't have to worry about off the field. Hope things keep trending to the positive for us. 

Noah refers to Auburn as "we". His dad raves about us. Just sign the kid up already so he can join the Pappoe/Nix recruiting train.

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Unless it's just helicopter parenting, I get a good vibe from how involved his parents are in his recruitment. Seems like he might be a kid you don't have to worry about off the field. Hope things keep trending to the positive for us. 

Parents are separated but will both be with him this weekend. Think that’s a good thing.

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Parents are separated but will both be with him this weekend. Think that’s a good thing.

That says a lot about the parents.  I know that feeling.   My parents divorced when I was Cains age,  it hurt me,  but my parents even to this day are always together when it comes to us siblings events etc..  They are not just their to support,. They truly still get along... And it still makes me feel as if my family is whole again.  

Whatever decision Cain makes,. I have to give credit to the parents for being "together" in their continued support for their son.   Beautiful.  

6 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

That says a lot about the parents.  I know that feeling.   My parents divorced when I was Cains age,  it hurt me,  but my parents even to this day are always together when it comes to us siblings events etc..  They are not just their to support,. They truly still get along... And it still makes me feel as if my family is whole again.  

Whatever decision Cain makes,. I have to give credit to the parents for being "together" in their continued support for their son.   Beautiful.  

Good stuff. Thank you for sharing your experience.

9 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

My ex wife and I tried to make our daughter and son feel the same way. I think we succeeded. We all tried to get along. My daughter was married last year. She had an outdoor wedding so she asked me if I was okay if she asked her stepfather to walk her down the path to the seating area. Then I would walk her the rest of the way up to the altar. I said yes because he was always good to them and I really appreciated her asking me. Just because couples are no longer compatible doesn't always mean they can't be friends. Glad to see this about Noah's family and glad to hear about yours too. 

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

My ex wife and I tried to make our daughter and son feel the same way. I think we succeeded. We all tried to get along. My daughter was married last year. She had an outdoor wedding so she asked me if I was okay if she asked her stepfather to walk her down the path to the seating area. Then I would walk her the rest of the way up to the altar. I said yes because he was always good to them and I really appreciated her asking me. Just because couples are no longer compatible doesn't always mean they can't be friends. Glad to see this about Noah's family and glad to hear about yours too. 

Very, very cool.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Noah refers to Auburn as "we". His dad raves about us. Just sign the kid up already so he can join the Pappoe/Nix recruiting train.

He won't make a decision until November/December he said.

30 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He won't make a decision until November/December he said.

We just need to make him want decide earlier.

This thread got me in my feelings pretty suddenly...lol

I think it says a lot for his mom to have made that trip on her own. That's a long trip!

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Crystal ball says AU. 

Whose? Whomst'dve?

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

the all seeing Crystal ball...?

From everything gathered so far plus today's events I really think we land him as well. Family is in love with AU.Parents and Cain think very highly of the program for his education and preparation for the next level. 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:08 PM, Randman5000 said:

Crystal ball says AU. 

I hope the football season matches the hype of this recruiting season so far... Man I'm feeling good about this class.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

I hope the football season matches the hype of this recruiting season so far... Man I'm feeling good about this class.

I've been thinking about this too. We HAVE to be more consistent. Can't have this class and go 8-4. That article somebody posted a few weeks ago is right about AU being unpredictable. This team could go 11-1 or 8-4. Got to have recruits see that what Gus said is true about us getting better and better.

45 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I've been thinking about this too. We HAVE to be more consistent. Can't have this class and go 8-4. That article somebody posted a few weeks ago is right about AU being unpredictable. This team could go 11-1 or 8-4. Got to have recruits see that what Gus said is true about us getting better and better.

If we can go 10-2 or better coupled with a top 5 class this year we'll be sitting pretty for 2020 and moving forward.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

If we can go 10-2 or better coupled with a top 5 class this year we'll be sitting pretty for 2020 and moving forward.

Hate to burst bubbles here but season records don't have much affect on recruiting as long as the coaches have job security which our coaches have now & for the next 3 years minimum. In terms of recruiting they just have to keep doing the good work they have been doing.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hate to burst bubbles here but season records don't have much affect on recruiting as long as the coaches have job security which our coaches have now & for the next 3 years minimum. In terms of recruiting they just have to keep doing the good work they have been doing.

Can't hurt though! 

Also, I was referring to the overall health of the program and the potential of consistent success.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

So, I disagree with this statement. If we don't get the two signature wins over Bama and UGA last year, we don't have the same foundation laid for what we have now. Job security and the subsequent ability to recruit come from winning on the field.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

So, I disagree with this statement. If we don't get the two signature wins over Bama and UGA last year, we don't have the same foundation laid for what we have now. Job security and the subsequent ability to recruit come from winning on the field.

Reread my post. I said

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

season records don't have much affect on recruiting as long as the coaches already have job security

Gus didn't have job security. He would have been fired had we lost both games & maybe if we had lost just 1 of them. So last years recorded mattered for recruiting because it gave Gus the job security he didn't have but now has for 3 years minimum. Now that he has that job security if we go 8-5 it won't have much effect on recruiting.

Archived