2019 4* RB Noah Cain (Penn St.)

Zeek

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

But if picture is worth a thousand words, think what a moving picture is worth.....

I'd say at least a new porch.

tenor (2).gif

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Crystal ball for LSWho today

From a guy who covers tOSU. The pick has no value. Picks worth watching here would be from AU, LSU, or Texas reporters.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Noah Cain’s relationship with Cadillac Williams help Auburn?

Auburn’s search for a 2019 running back starts at an obvious place: Noah Cain.

The 4-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back serves that role for many more programs. LSU, Texas, Ohio State, Georgia and several others see Cain as the No. 1 back on their respective positional wish lists. The Tigers do, too, and that’s resulted in two visits from Cain this spring, plus a separate visit made by his mother to check out the program on her own.

Auburn’s best ambassador, however, might be right alongside Cain at IMG Academy.

IMG Academy’s running backs coach is Tigers legend Carnell “Cadillac” Williams. Cain is able to speak to and learn from Williams on a daily basis.

“He’s been where I want to be at. The things he’s done, that’s certainly what I want to do or even surpass it,” Cain said. “Coach Lac is always preaching to me every day about putting the effort in, going 100 percent, just to get to where I want to go.

“That’s what I really need. That’s why I went to IMG, to be corrected by people who have been where I want to be. I want to be better, and he wants to get me there.”

Cain’s relationship with Williams — despite the obvious differences — is similar to that of Cam Newton and many of his 7-on-7 players. Williams has the ability to talk about his positive experiences on the Plains, but it isn’t in his nature to tell a prospect they should go to Auburn just because he did.

Cain said that’s the approach Williams has taken with his recruitment.

“I wouldn’t say he steers me in any way. He just wants what’s best for me,” Cain said. “But it helps that he can tell me a little bit about Auburn and what it’s like to actually be a student-athlete at Auburn. But he doesn’t tell me I should do anything other than what I think is best for me.” “

Just out of curiosity why did we wait until this January to offer Noah when most of our competition offered almost a full year earlier.  We hear all the time how much it means to build long relationships with recruits in order to land them.  He is our top priority on the RB board and most schools have had a year longer than us to build that relationship. 

17 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Just out of curiosity why did we wait until this January to offer Noah when most of our competition offered almost a full year earlier. 

A question only Gus & Horton have the answer to.

19 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

We hear all the time how much it means to build long relationships with recruits in order to land them.

You can be building a relationship long before the recruit reports an offer from the school.

21 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

He is our top priority on the RB board and most schools have had a year longer than us to build that relationship. 

Our biggest competition is Texas & LSU. At the time those schools offered him Cain was still playing ball in Texas just north of Dallas. It's natural those schools are going to have offered before us given those are primary recruiting grounds for those schools.. Still though we are very much in the thick of this.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You can be building a relationship long before the recruit reports an offer from the school.

Our biggest competition is Texas & LSU. At the time those schools offered him Cain was still playing ball in Texas just north of Dallas. It's natural those schools are going to have offered before us given those are primary recruiting grounds for those schools.. Still though we are very much in the thick of this.

Good answers to honestly fair questions. I think we sit really well with him right now. It’s going to be a constant effort but I earnestly believe we have a shot here.

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Good answers to honestly fair questions. I think we sit really well with him right now. It’s going to be a constant effort but I earnestly believe we have a shot here.

I just worry about his mom & dad living in Texas & Louisiana respectively. Those are advantages for those teams.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I just worry about his mom & dad living in Texas & Louisiana respectively. Those are advantages for those teams.

Him being IMG is my biggest concern. But Caddy helps.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True but him playing in Florida has to show that they are willing to travel. Heck the mom came up to see us on her own!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I get it.  I just was referring to UGA and UF offering him in March of 2017.

7 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

I get it.  I just was referring to UGA and UF offering him in March of 2017.

Doesn't appear to matter. They don't appear to be the factor we are.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 2:27 PM, ellitor said:

E is there any chance Cain might be coming to our cookout?  Did not know if you had heard anything.  My pipe dream is Cain, Booth, and Dean.  If we could only land one I would take Cain.  Not sure others agree with that.

5 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

E is there any chance Cain might be coming to our cookout?  Did not know if you had heard anything.  My pipe dream is Cain, Booth, and Dean.  If we could only land one I would take Cain.  Not sure others agree with that.

At this time Booth is the only one we get from this group. Clemson is making us work for Booth. 

Really been disappointed with Horton. Seems to lost his touch in recruiting. Chip got us Asa. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

At this time Booth is the only one we get from this group. Clemson is making us work for Booth. 

Really been disappointed with Horton. Seems to lost his touch in recruiting. Chip got us Asa. 

We NEED Booth. We need to be able to land top flight DBs every year.  He will open the idea of playing at AU for others his level

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I can't agree more.  We just can't seem to get the elite backs.  We get good backs but not elite and that is a debate I don't want to get into in this thread with folks.  I am struggling to understand when you look at our production with good backs, how in the world are we not able to get 1 elite back at least every 3 years at a minimum.  If you show a kid the numbers and what has been accomplished it SHOULD be an easy sell.  I have to think it boils down to 2 things.  Negative recruiting against us showing our lack of success in the NFL and showing these kids that our numbers come from way more attempts per season to get those numbers.

It is hard to believe that Caddy and Ronnie were playing at Auburn 14 years ago and the kids we are recruiting were 4 years old at the time.  Auburn has had a ton of awesome backs over the years that were not 5 star rated guys so that isn't critical to me.  What is critical to me is that we consistently seem to recruit backs out of HS that do not have the stature needed to carry the load.  That argument is an opinion of course and I am sure many would disagree with me.

29 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's felt like Horton has had one foot out the door for a couple years now. I'd be more than happy with an injection of new energy there. But I don't have any names, so I'll sit back down now. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's felt like Horton has had one foot out the door for a couple years now. I'd be more than happy with an injection of new energy there. But I don't have any names, so I'll sit back down now. 

I would say both feet

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wish we could replace him with CDM.

2 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Wish we could replace him with CDM.

Who dat? Guess he's not a realistic option so I suppose it doesn't matter. Dang, sorry, I promised y'all I'd sit back down now...

Just now, McLoofus said:

Who dat? Guess he's not a realistic option so I suppose it doesn't matter. Dang, sorry, I promised y'all I'd sit back down now...

Sorry my lazy butt could have typed his name out. Coach Dell McGee

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Eddie Gran?  I don't know all of the ins and outs of how he was at Auburn but the guy was able to produce some backs.  I think I'll sit down as well because I don't know of a younger talent for the position.  Something needs to change in our approach to these kids cause it ain't working.  If you take away Gus' ability to get Dyer from Arkansas we have not done so well with the elite backs. 

Just now, WaynesAUworld said:

Sorry my lazy butt could have typed his name out. Coach Dell McGee

And for the 2nd time in as many days, I resist slapping myself in the face for fear of doing real damage. You shouldn't have needed to spell it out. Thank you and agreed. 

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We NEED Booth. We need to be able to land top flight DBs every year.  He will open the idea of playing at AU for others his level

I want Booth badly as well.  He is a stud that can help recruit other kids also.  I would also love to add Dean but from reading the sites I don't know how realistic that is either.

Archived