4* PF Babatunde Akingbola Commits to AU

Maverick.AU

love love love seeing him NOT put the ball on the ground.  big men should not dribble under the basket.  there is rarely ever a reason to.  spencer and mclemore both do it.  get the ball and go to the hoop strong.  he seemed to be fairly quick to the basket.  not mclemore quick but quicker than spencer.  nice to see the mid to short range jumper also.

18 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

love love love seeing him NOT put the ball on the ground.  big men should not dribble under the basket.  there is rarely ever a reason to.  spencer and mclemore both do it.  get the ball and go to the hoop strong.  he seemed to be fairly quick to the basket.  not mclemore quick but quicker than spencer.  nice to see the mid to short range jumper also.

If you believe in your fadeaway/post hook game....and aren't very physically imposing (relatively)......you do what you do

When I think of Spencer, I feel he's built like a wing/perimeter player that's been a big his whole life unfortunately 

That’s not what I’m talking about ... what I mean is the unnecessary dribble that doesn’t change position and risks losing the ball.  My dad was a basketball coach and that plus poor free throw shooting drove him nuts  ... it’s a high school level bad habit.

as far as Spencer’s offensive game ... I wish he’d use that baby hook more often.  It’s been effective the few times he’s done it

• 2 weeks later...

10 blocks!

If we get him for next year him and Anfernee are going to make one hell of a SWAT Team...and if Wiley comes back our interior defensive presence is going to be killer

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

There's always one that smiles during the mean mug pic

I always hate those mean mug pic's.  Why you gotta look so miserable?

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wanted to bump this to ask where we are with reclassifying Akingbola. Is he going to be able to play this season?

According to Pearl, he has 2 scholarships open. He said he will probably add 1 more to the roster. That has to be Akingbola, if he can be reclassified for 2018. It seems it will be within the next few weeks before everyone knows for sure.

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Wanted to bump this to ask where we are with reclassifying Akingbola. Is he going to be able to play this season?

1. Crepea had an article on Stretch yesterday. 2. No barring injuries. The plan barring injuries is to redshirt him if he reclassifies. The way he has looked on the AAU circuit this summer means he probably needs the RS.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:43 AM, boomstick said:

I think there is a 2020 PG on their team that we really like too. 

5* Sharife Cooper

22 hours ago, steeleagle said:

According to Pearl, he has 2 scholarships open. He said he will probably add 1 more to the roster. That has to be Akingbola, if he can be reclassified for 2018. It seems it will be within the next few weeks before everyone knows for sure.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

1. Crepea had an article on Stretch yesterday. 2. No barring injuries. The plan barring injuries is to redshirt him if he reclassifies. The way he has looked on the AAU circuit this summer means he probably needs the RS.

Appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

never really got any word about why he wont be enrolled early. Sounded like it was a go and then it just fell apart. Hopefully the young man can get on campus in January like Austin did. Kid needs all the experience he can get because we gonna need him 2019 with both Austin and Horace leaving after this season.

Archived