Maverick.AU

4* PF Babatunde Akingbola Commits to AU

love love love seeing him NOT put the ball on the ground.  big men should not dribble under the basket.  there is rarely ever a reason to.  spencer and mclemore both do it.  get the ball and go to the hoop strong.  he seemed to be fairly quick to the basket.  not mclemore quick but quicker than spencer.  nice to see the mid to short range jumper also.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

love love love seeing him NOT put the ball on the ground.  big men should not dribble under the basket.  there is rarely ever a reason to.  spencer and mclemore both do it.  get the ball and go to the hoop strong.  he seemed to be fairly quick to the basket.  not mclemore quick but quicker than spencer.  nice to see the mid to short range jumper also.

If you believe in your fadeaway/post hook game....and aren't very physically imposing (relatively)......you do what you do

When I think of Spencer, I feel he's built like a wing/perimeter player that's been a big his whole life unfortunately 

That’s not what I’m talking about ... what I mean is the unnecessary dribble that doesn’t change position and risks losing the ball.  My dad was a basketball coach and that plus poor free throw shooting drove him nuts  ... it’s a high school level bad habit.

as far as Spencer’s offensive game ... I wish he’d use that baby hook more often.  It’s been effective the few times he’s done it