The "Sh*thole Countries" Remark

AUDub

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no clue what context it was said under. Leaked from my understanding...Oval Office meeting with a hater. Another rally point for CNN, etc...

lot a horrible words said in that office......and some terrible, disgusting acts also. 

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I have no clue what context it was said under. Leaked from my understanding...Oval Office meeting with a hater. Another rally point for CNN, etc...

lot a horrible words said in that office......and some terrible, disgusting acts also. 

"President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday."

Get exactly what you are wanting to prove. Still have no understanding of context. You nor the other haters do either. Ever been in in a meeting Dub. Who are the sources. CNN...un-named again

January 11, 2018 6:02pm EST

What we're covering here

• "****hole countries": In a meeting about immigration, President Trump openly asked lawmakers why so many immigrants from "****hole countries" are coming to the US, two sources told the Washington Post.
  • Immigration: GOP Sen. Jeff Flake said a bipartisan group of senators reached an agreement on DACA. Trump rejected it.
  • FISA: The House passed the FISA surveillance bill after Trump's controversial tweet this morning.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Get exactly what you are wanting to prove. 

OK?

Still have no understanding of context. 

If the context still isn't clear after seeing that excerpt, you'll never see it.

You nor the other haters do either.

Come on, Salty. Knock it off. Do you want to discuss this like an adult or are you going to continue ******* up every thread you come across.

Ever been in a meeting Dub.

I sat in 3 in the last 2 days. I sit on several committees at the hospital. 

Who are the sources. CNN...un-named again

I've known them to get things wrong, but the idea of them making s*** up is laughable. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Wapo, excuse me

I know what you meant. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

OK?

If the context still isn't clear after seeing that excerpt, you'll never see it.

Come on, Salty. Knock it off. Do you want to discuss this like an adult or are you going to continue ******* up every thread you come across.

I've known them to get things wrong, but the idea of them making s*** up is laughable. 

Why should it be clear from an "unnamed" source. Only so many individuals are privy to that type of meeting. Who leaked if said?

If not a Trump hater it must be President Trump leaking this stuff.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

“Why are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?” Trump said

If these were the words that actually came from his mouth, well that's just another illustration of his lack of intelligence or awareness.  The US has historically been a landing point for people from "****hole" countries.  I think Trump's ancestors qualify as immigrants from what, at the time, was a "****hole" country.

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

OK?

@Salty Tiger will go to the ends of the earth to defend Trump.

This is why we cant have nice things. 

If you ever really thought trump wasnt a closet racist, you know now. 

As to his question: Why are we taking so many from s-hole countries? Because people are earnestly seeking a better life AWAY FROM those same s-hole countries.

It's embarrassing to have this ignorant, braying jackass as the leader of our country.  Some of our dearest friends are from some of these countries he disparages like some loudmouthed slob popping off at the end of the bar at the neighborhood watering hole.  

It was yet another dumb off the cuff remark that Trump never should have said regardless of the situation. I think he deserves a some negativity for it. Although Im not happy with the remarks, but I probably will never be as outraged as some will be about it. I think all the positives from the pay raises and bonuses from all these company's along with the extra "crumbs" 80% of all of us will get, regardless of where we are from,  pretty much make the remarks insignificant.  I personally dont believe the Freudian slip stuff  is anywhere near 100%, especially when you speak when you are frustrated. I just think the truth through it all is that Trump probably does not have any ill will towards any of these countries in the way its trying to be pushed. 

7 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

It was yet another dumb off the cuff remark that Trump never should have said regardless of the situation. I think he deserves a some negativity for it. Although Im not happy with the remarks, but I probably will never be as outraged as some will be about it.

I think the problem is, it's just the latest in a long string of this kind of offensive, embarassing and immature things he's said.  If it were a one time thing, I might give him some grace (but still expect him to apologize for it).  As it is, it's a long and ugly pattern that deserves all of the shame and condemnation he's getting.

I think all the positives from the pay raises and bonuses from all these company's along with the extra "crumbs" 80% of all of us will get, regardless of where we are from,  pretty much make the remarks insignificant. 

They aren't connected.  You can be happy for whatever good results and outcomes you think he's somewhat responsible for and still not ignore or excuse his remarks and call on him to apologize for them.  They are not insignificant.  We have dear, dear friends from some of this "****hole" places he insulted.  I'm so embarrassed and frankly hurt that he would describe them and their countries that way.  If I had to look them in the eyes right now and that subject came up, I would just be mortified.  What he said was not only insulting but racist. 

I personally dont believe the Freudian slip stuff  is anywhere near 100%, especially when you speak when you are frustrated. I just think the truth through it all is that Trump probably does not have any ill will towards any of these countries in the way its trying to be pushed. 

I think you're burying your head in the sand.

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think the problem is, it's just the latest in a long string of this kind of offensive, embarassing and immature things he's said.  If it were a one time thing, I might give him some grace (but still expect him to apologize for it).  As it is, it's a long and ugly pattern that deserves all of the shame and condemnation he's getting.

I definitely cant argue to much here.  He does have alot of "smack your head" comments that he should be condemned for. It definitely should be discouraged and not encouraged. ...To me, its just not as horrible as some portray it as. ...Its a like a parent who accidentally cusses in front of their child occasionally when stressed or frustrated  (Ok, maybe a long shot there) ...Its inappropriate, should be discouraged, but to act like DSS needs to come get the kid because the parent is not fit to raise the the kid is way over the top....I know thats probably not the best analogy, but its sort of how I view it all.  I agree he should apologise though

I personally dont believe the Freudian slip stuff  is anywhere near 100%, especially when you speak when you are frustrated. I just think the truth through it all is that Trump probably does not have any ill will towards any of these countries in the way its trying to be pushed. 

I think you're burying your head in the sand.

Maybe this isnt something everyone does, but have I said some things that I shouldn't had that would be considered Freudian slips, I have also said things I regret that were not underlying feelings,  the sole purpose was just to get under the skin of somebody, or to diminish something or a situation out of frustration. Ive called much smarter people than me "dumbasses", Ive called super nice people A-holes, Ive even called my own town which I love a Sh*thole! non of which were true underlying feelings.

The Freudian part comes from how he campaigned, how attractive he became to white nationalists, making comments like "very fine people on both sides" when one side is largely comprised of neo-Nazis, and then with this comment...to juxtapose his disdain for immigrants from "****hole countries" in Africa, Haiti and the like while asking why we don't go after folks from Norway.  You can't escape the pattern here of denigrating brown people while extolling the virtures, minimizing the faults, or hyping the desirability of good old white folks.  A one time stray remark could be explained away by being tired, misspeaking and so on.  But the pattern he's laid out when these subjects come up is what snares him and makes people say, "Freudian slip."

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Why should it be clear from an "unnamed" source. Only so many individuals are privy to that type of meeting. Who leaked if said?

If not a Trump hater it must be President Trump leaking this stuff.

Looking forward to your next excuse. Guessing it's going to be another version of you sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "la la la I can't hear you."

But, in addition to the reports from multiple news outlets about the language used by the president, Illinois Democrat Dick Durbin confirmed the president's remarks.

"The president erupted several times with questions, and in the course of his comments, said things which were hate-filled, vile and racist," Durbin told reporters. "I use those words advisably. I understand how powerful they are. But I cannot believe that in the history of the White House and in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.

"You've seen the comments in the press. I've not read one of them that's inaccurate."

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/12/577598401/in-morning-tweet-trump-denies-calling-african-countries-by-a-vulgar-slur?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20180112&utm_campaign=breakingnews&utm_term=nprnews

10 hours ago, HVAU said:

I think Trump's ancestors qualify as immigrants from what, at the time, was a "****hole" country.

Germany was a ****hole country? You might want to brush up on your world history...

Archived