The "Sh*thole Countries" Remark

AUDub

17 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I was referring to the illegal immigrants that have set up these shanty towns in the Caribbean. Their goal is to enter the US, illegally or legally, most illegally. Boat theft is one of the most prevalent crimes in these islands. The boat gets them across the Atlantic to the East coast. I was not implying bringing everyone from every country, and I think you knew that. I think you were being disingenuous.

Disingenuous is his middle name.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What's the big deal if he said it? We are talking about Haiti. Google earth it. It's a ****hole. The legal requirement for asylum and the granting of refugee status today essentially requires one to prove that they're coming from a ****hole. I don't know why everyone is all out of whack now. How many vacation homes do you own in Haiti? 

I'm not surprised in the least that you don't understand what the problem is. But Salty and Proud do, which is why they were suggesting that it didn't happen or that it was taken out of context, as if that's possible. More importantly, Trump denied it. So maybe ask him what was wrong with it? 

41 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"s***  Hole"

That is about as insulting you can get.  Any culture in the world would be seriously offended by it.

While it doesn't matter if you or I say that such a thing, but if the president of the United States says it, it becomes is a serious diplomatic insult.  That's just simple fact. 

It's stupid for our president to insult friendly countries for absolutely no reason, just stupid.

You can rant all you want about how you think it's justified and people have their "panties in a wad" but it's highly irresponsible for the POTUS to actually say it. 

That's the part of the presidency that Trump simply does not get.  From his behavior, he clearly has no understanding - much less respect - for the demands of the office.

It's "silly" - and sad - that someone has to explain this to you.

No one in this world would be offended or be aware the Sh!thole reference if not for some whining.crying, attacking, anti Trump babies....Do not even attempt to tell me the Oval Office is above that type of language in a supposedly closed door meeting. President Trump either does not understand that he needs to watch tongue around the like of Dick Durbin or does not give a rip.

Good lawd, bunch sounds like a group elementary school kids tattling on the playground bully. 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not surprised in the least that you don't understand what the problem is. But Salty and Proud do, which is why they were suggesting that it didn't happen or that it was taken out of context, as if that's possible. More importantly, Trump denied it. So maybe ask him what was wrong with it? 

First chance I get I will be sure to ask him.:-\

31 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No one in this world would be offended or be aware the Sh!thole reference if not for some whining.crying, attacking, anti Trump babies....Do not even attempt to tell me the Oval Office is above that type of language in a supposedly closed door meeting. President Trump either does not understand that he needs to watch tongue around the like of Dick Durbin or does not give a rip.

Good lawd, bunch sounds like a group elementary school kids tattling on the playground bully. 

Yeah, it's Durbin's fault. :-\

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, it's Durbin's fault. :-\

Not his fault that President Trump used the words if true, but someone damn sure wanted to advertise it.

All in for the cause, got give folks like you and CNN some bash bullets.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Disingenuous is his middle name.

This seems to be a character trait of most progressive liberals. They really think that they are smarter than you. I am sure there are exceptions, but not many. We might agree on Auburn football, but that is about all.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Why did he deny calling it a ****hole? 

Maybe he didn’t say it?? I’m not concerned about whether or not he did. Haiti is a ****hole country. Please google earth it. Everyone is too damn sensitive 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Why did he deny calling it a ****hole? 

He allegedly said it in a closed door meeting. You’d think he said “shitholes” in a state of the union address just by judging by the reactions.

He said it. That’s not debatable now. We need to decide whether we are denying he said it or defending his saying it. A lot of deplorables stuck in the middle of a s*** samich. And seem to like it. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

He said it. That’s not debatable now. We need to decide whether we are denying he said it or defending his saying it. A lot of deplorables stuck in the middle of a s*** samich. And seem to like it. 

Even if you can prove he said it, It was behind closed doors nonetheless. It wasn’t a state of the union address. The fact that you get stirred about an overall dull point is...well.... s***ty. Let’s assume he said it without question in the closed door meeting.... now what?

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

"s***  Hole"

That is about as insulting you can get.  Any culture in the world would be seriously offended by it.

While it doesn't matter if you or I say that such a thing, but if the president of the United States says it, it becomes is a serious diplomatic insult.  That's just simple fact. 

It's stupid for our president to insult friendly countries for absolutely no reason, just stupid.

You can rant all you want about how you think it's justified and people have their "panties in a wad" but it's highly irresponsible for the POTUS to actually say it. 

That's the part of the presidency that Trump simply does not get.  From his behavior, he clearly has no understanding - much less respect - for the demands of the office.

It's "silly" - and sad - that someone has to explain this to you.

Good god it was a closed door meeting, not a national address on live TV. 

Sorry he didn’t use politer rhetoric in a closed door meeting.

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

You’re focusing on the bird when there’s an elephant in the field. Why make issue of saying something that’s true I.e. Haiti a ****hole? Explain. While you’re at it go look at Haiti on GoogleEarth

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re focusing on the bird when there’s an elephant in the field. Why make issue of saying something that’s true I.e. Haiti a ****hole? Explain. While you’re at it go look at Haiti on GoogleEarth

You make an issue of saying something that is true AFTER you DENIED saying it because you know it’s an inappropriate statement. It’s the kind of s*** a person who is a self proclaimed “stable genius “ does. He mouths off, denies mouthing off, gets proven a lying a**hole, defends his mouthing as correct then his base defends every thing he does or says. The moron has zero tact. He doesn’t comprehend tact but he does comprehend enough have that go to move of denial. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

You Alex, do not know what was said in the meeting. We do not need to decide anything regarding denial. 

"deplorables" , "sh!tsamich".........................

43 minutes ago, alexava said:

You make an issue of saying something that is true AFTER you DENIED saying it because you know it’s an inappropriate statement. It’s the kind of s*** a person who is a self proclaimed “stable genius “ does. He mouths off, denies mouthing off, gets proven a lying a**hole, defends his mouthing as correct then his base defends every thing he does or says. The moron has zero tact. He doesn’t comprehend tact but he does comprehend enough have that go to move of denial. 

yep Alex.....tact in Washington had gotten old. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Good god it was a closed door meeting, not a national address on live TV. 

Sorry he didn’t use politer rhetoric in a closed door meeting.

It was an official working session in the capitol, attended by a lot of people, including at least one Democrat.  It wasn't a small gathering in a bar or a golf course with his closest friends (assuming he has any).

It was very indiscrete of him - much less revealing - to say such a thing in that setting.  It's a perfect example of Trump not having the temperment to be president.  After all, look at what happened.  It's become an international scandal, sucking the oxygen from whatever positive message he should have been trying to deliver this week. 

At a more basic level, it's personally revealing.

I traveled a lot and got to know sales and service people all over the country.  There were many whom I respected and liked.  I remember having a beer in the bar in Minnesota with a guy I really liked and he told a blatantly racist joke.  (As a southerner with a legit accent, he probably assumed I would appreciate it.)   I tried to maintain a smile and get past it, but at the time I was thinking - geez what a racist asshat. My opinion of him plummeted.  

Obviously there were people in that session who reacted the same from Trump's comments - as well they should have.  

For Trump to expose himself like that in a relatively large meeting with a roomful of professional associates - and their staff - is beyond unprofessional.  It's just cluelessly stupid.    

2 hours ago, alexava said:

There’s nothing to defend... he might have said it, he might not. Either way Haiti is a ****hole country. How is that offensive when that’s essentially what must be proven in order for one to be granted asylum or refugee status in the US? Good god the immigrants would agree. You’re fighting a battle when there is none. Makes you look silly.

58 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It was an official working session in the capitol, attended by a lot of people, including at least one Democrat.  It wasn't a small gathering in a bar or a golf course with his closest friends (assuming he has any).

It was very indiscrete of him - much less revealing - to say such a thing in that setting.  It's a perfect example of Trump not having the temperment to be president.  After all, look at what happened.  It's become an international scandal, sucking the oxygen from whatever positive message he should have been trying to deliver this week. 

At a more basic level, it's personally revealing.

I traveled a lot and got to know sales and service people all over the country.  There were many whom I respected and liked.  I remember having a beer in the bar in Minnesota with a guy I really liked and he told a blatantly racist joke.  (As a southerner with a legit accent, he probably assumed I would appreciate it.)   I tried to maintain a smile and get past it, but at the time I was thinking - geez what a racist asshat. My opinion of him plummeted.  

Obviously there were people in that session who reacted the same from Trump's comments - as well they should have.  

For Trump to expose himself like that in a relatively large meeting with a roomful of professional associates - and their staff - is beyond unprofessional.  It's just cluelessly stupid.    

Racist? If Trump said Haiti is a ****hole country, is it racist because black people live there? Hahaha.

He didn’t expose himself. Please google earth Haiti. It’s a ****hole. Some of us have worked on The Hill, and are laughing historically at the outrage over a complete non-issue arising from a closed door meeting. Lord I would be scared to see the reactions if Trump ever did curse on live TV while talking about asylum. You’re acting like he was addressing the nation on a public podium. 

33 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Racist? If Trump said Haiti is a ****hole country, is it racist because black people live there? Hahaha.

To quote myself:

On 1/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, AUDub said:

Yes, when he expresses confusion about why we would allow immigrants from *hole countries, it requires a leap to infer that he means something negative about the immigrants. Totally.

Please take a break and do some self examination

NOLA, this is a pluperfect example of racism. 

He didn’t expose himself. Please google earth Haiti. It’s a ****hole. Some of us have worked on The Hill, and are laughing historically at the outrage over a complete non-issue arising from a closed door meeting. Lord I would be scared to see the reactions if Trump ever did curse on live TV while talking about asylum. You’re acting like he was addressing the nation on a public podium. 

****hole isn't the problem. The idea that your intrinsic worth, that you are lesser than say, folks from Norway because of where you were born, that it stems from where you come from, is abhorrent.

On 1/12/2018 at 4:00 PM, Proud Tiger said:

ether

As you sometimes tell me.....proof? I don't know whether he said it or not. neither do you. But I wouldn't insult your intelligence overr it.

Multiple witnesses in the meeting saying he did versus a known liar denying it. Get your head out of the sand. If this were a Democrat you’d believe it just because it was on Fox. 

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Maybe he didn’t say it?? I’m not concerned about whether or not he did. Haiti is a ****hole country. Please google earth it. Everyone is too damn sensitive 

So tired of sycophants making excuses for every embarrassment this guy commits. I have dear friends who are from some of the countries a supposed world leader just insulted because he can’t be bothered with character traits most of us learned in kindergarten. Is it really too much to ask that the President show some scintilla of adult maturity and decorum?

This was it for me. It shows his backward views etc. He is unfit for office, SO let's talk about that 25th amendment thingy. Maybe we can collectively force him to resign? Impeaching him? Look, if the RNC would support Moore, I dont ever see them voting to remove Trump.

What is really telling is the long-term BS here folks. Trump has been awarded by the NAACP, Rainbow Coalition, etc. He was a self-identified Democrat for decades. I have to think it was all just BS now tho. Was it just smooth marketing? Was it just for the business connections etc? This is clearly his true self. But, how do we explain the decades when he was getting all these awards etc? 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So tired of sycophants making excuses for every embarrassment this guy commits. I have dear friends who are from some of the countries a supposed world leader just insulted because he can’t be bothered with character traits most of us learned in kindergarten. Is it really too much to ask that the President show some scintilla of adult maturity and decorum?

It's not an insult to their country. It's the reason people seek asylum and refugee status America - they want to get away from the blankety blank they live in (look at the federal legal requirements). He said it behind closed doors. We don't know what was said around it. It's a complete nothing-burger that anti-trumpets are blowing out of proportion. A losing battle. It doesn't move the needle any.

Archived