The "Sh*thole Countries" Remark

AUDub

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

To quote myself:

NOLA, this is a pluperfect example of racism. 

****hole isn't the problem. The idea that your intrinsic worth, that you are lesser than say, folks from Norway because of where you were born, that it stems from where you come from, is abhorrent.

If Haiti wasn't a ****hole country, its citizens wouldn't need refugee status in the U.S. - POINT BLANK PERIOD. The essence of asylum and refugee status is that the people seeking are coming from ****hole countries. Now all of a sudden to refer to the countries as "****hole countries" in a closed door meeting is a big deal??

What idea did the President perpetuate about the people's intrinsic worth? Do you have a transcript of the entire meeting? 

You're acting like he called the people "shitholes." Literally the only reason anyone would erroneously claim racism is because the people there are black - surely you can recognize how porous of a standard that is. Trump said nothing about the people's intrinsic worth. This whole fabrication of racism is nothing more than a retreat towards a false narrative of victimization and yet another unsuccessful attempt to thwart the President. Again, I highly doubt any jag offs in Washington have vacation homes in Haiti. 

Haiti is a ****hole country - I google earthed it and was hard pressed not to zoom in on slums. The hell if that makes me a racist. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If Haiti wasn't a ****hole country, its citizens wouldn't need refugee status in the U.S. - POINT BLANK PERIOD. The essence of asylum and refugee status is that the people seeking are coming from ****hole countries. Now all of a sudden to refer to the countries as "****hole countries" in a closed door meeting is a big deal??

What idea did the President perpetuate about the people's intrinsic worth? Do you have a transcript of the entire meeting? 

You're acting like he called the people "shitholes." Literally the only reason anyone would erroneously claim racism is because the people there are black - surely you can recognize how porous of a standard that is. Trump said nothing about the people's intrinsic worth. This whole fabrication of racism is nothing more than a retreat towards a false narrative of victimization and yet another unsuccessful attempt to thwart the President. Again, I highly doubt any jag offs in Washington have vacation homes in Haiti. 

Haiti is a ****hole country - I google earthed it and was hard pressed not to zoom in on slums. The hell if that makes me a racist. 

No doubt the earlier comment about them all having AIDS was just an earthy reference to their capacity for assimilation. 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No doubt the earlier comment about them all having AIDS was just an earthy reference to their capacity for assimilation. 

Actually, some people who attended that meeting said he did not say that, some said they don't recall him saying that, and then the New York Time's unnamed sources said he did.... Soooooooo...... 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

*that moment when @NolaAuTiger play acts like the thing staring him in the face, isn’t.*

Absolutely correct. I am acting like you can't actually, while staring at me in face, honestly say -with a straight face - those countries aren't shitholes and based on MSM unverified reports, Trump is a racist based on said allegations. 

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Actually, some people who attended that meeting said he did not say that, some said they don't recall him saying that, and then the New York Time's unnamed sources said he did.... Soooooooo...... 

No, they said they “did not recall.” And this is really one of those situations where hemming and hawing does you no favors. Pretty much anything other than an explicit no is a yes. 

Absolutely correct. I am acting like you can't actually, while staring at me in face, honestly say -with a straight face - those countries aren't shitholes and based on MSM unverified reports, Trump is a racist based on said allegations. 

None of what you’ve said has any bearing on the offensive part of the statement, which is not that the countries are shitholes, because some of them are, no doubt. It’s the assertion that they bring the foulness of their countries with them. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

No, they said they “did not recall.” And this is really one of those situations where hemming and hawing does you no favors. Pretty much anything other than an explicit no is a yes. 

BS. The White House vehemently denies the comments were made. Even CNN says so. 

"General Kelly, General McMaster, Secretary Tillerson, Secretary Nielsen, and all other senior staff actually in the meeting deny these outrageous claims and it's both sad and telling the New York Times would print the lies of their anonymous 'sources' anyway," Sanders said.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

None of what you’ve said has any bearing on the offensive part of the statement, which is not that the countries are shitholes, because some of them are, no doubt. It’s the assertion that they bring the foulness of their countries with them. 

The whole reason this is an issue is because he allegedly used the term "****hole countries." Crying over it doesn't win the battle nor move the needle any.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It's not an insult to their country. It's the reason people seek asylum and refugee status America - they want to get away from the blankety blank they live in (look at the federal legal requirements). He said it behind closed doors. We don't know what was said around it. It's a complete nothing-burger that anti-trumpets are blowing out of proportion. A losing battle. It doesn't move the needle any.

Exactly. Some need to get their head out of the sand.....touché"

The whole reason this is an issue is because he allegedly used the term "****hole countries."

That’s one of the reasons, the one you’ve decided to latch on to, but far from the only one. 

Crying over it doesn't win the battle nor move the needle any.

Yeah this will go away just like every other offensive remark of his. Tomorrow, there will be another one to be outraged over. 

See that tiny glint in the sky? That’s the bar yesterday before Trump and his supporters dropped it into the Mariana Trench.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This was it for me. It shows his backward views etc. He is unfit for office, SO let's talk about that 25th amendment thingy. Maybe we can collectively force him to resign? Impeaching him? Look, if the RNC would support Moore, I dont ever see them voting to remove Trump.

What is really telling is the long-term BS here folks. Trump has been awarded by the NAACP, Rainbow Coalition, etc. He was a self-identified Democrat for decades. I have to think it was all just BS now tho. Was it just smooth marketing? Was it just for the business connections etc? This is clearly his true self. But, how do we explain the decades when he was getting all these awards etc? 

Didn't know the NAACP gave out awards. The vast majority of Americans, like me, could probably care less - thus, no explaining to do. 

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

"General Kelly, General McMaster, Secretary Tillerson, Secretary Nielsen, and all other senior staff actually in the meeting deny these outrageous claims and it's both sad and telling the New York Times would print the lies of their anonymous 'sources' anyway," Sanders said.

Funny how some will believe ANYTHING the s**thole NYT says after all the crap they have printed. These same people sure didn't like it when the NYT published some negative and untrue articles about Auburn awhile back.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That’s one of the reasons, the one you’ve decided to latch on to, but far from the only one. 

Correct. It is the one I am responding to. It is the one the MSM has latched on to. It's the denoted term that the thread you created is about. 

A transcript of the entire meeting would be nice...

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It's not an insult to their country. It's the reason people seek asylum and refugee status America - they want to get away from the blankety blank they live in (look at the federal legal requirements). He said it behind closed doors. We don't know what was said around it. It's a complete nothing-burger that anti-trumpets are blowing out of proportion. A losing battle. It doesn't move the needle any.

Right.  Calling a country - or a class of countries - shitholes is not an insult.  :rolleyes:

See, this is why honest debate is so elusive on this forum.  People such as yourself cannot even agree on basic, common sense facts.

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Of course the White House denied it. They deny a lot of things. They’ve given us no inclination to take them at their word. Who else was there?

It jives with all of his past rhetoric. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re rapists.” “Like vomit crossing the border.” “My first hour in office, these people are gone.”

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Correct. It is the one I am responding to. It is the one the MSM has latched on to. It's the denoted term that the thread you created is about. 

Once again, people tittering like middle schoolers over his use of the word ****hole are missing the point. This thread is about more than that, and though you are ignoring, most of the discussion it too. 

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Funny how some will believe ANYTHING the s**thole NYT says after all the crap they have printed. These same people sure didn't like it when the NYT published some negative and untrue articles about Auburn awhile back.

For Heaven’s sake. 

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It is amazing that the libs are so desperate to trash Trump they will find some issue like this to harp on for days while much bigger issues are on the table. Let's just say Trump said it. BFD. They need to  move on. and find something better to whine about. Think it's possible? Watch and see.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It is amazing that the libs are so desperate to trash Trump they will find some issue like this to harp on for days while much bigger issues are on the table. Let's just say Trump said it. BFD. Now move on. Find something better to whine about.

No had to look for this issue.  Trump handed it to them.

What's amazing is your pathetic willingness to accept anything that comes out of his mouth.

22 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Right.  Calling a country - or a class of countries - shitholes is not an insult.  :rolleyes:

See, this is why honest debate is so elusive on this forum.  People such as yourself cannot even agree on basic, common sense facts.

In a closed door meeting with no transcript. They are ****hole countries. The people who’d cut off their left leg to leave would agree. Such a term too harsh for you? Could you ever attend a private meeting on the Hill? Trust me, the rhetoric gets worse than that.

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Once again, people tittering like middle schoolers over his use of the word ****hole are missing the point. This thread is about more than that, and though you are ignoring, most of the discussion it too. 

How do you dissect inquisitorial dialogue with no transcript?

20 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Of course the White House denied it. They deny a lot of things. They’ve given us no inclination to take them at their word. Who else was there?

It jives with all of his past rhetoric. “They’re bringing drugs. They’re rapists.” “Like vomit crossing the border.” “My first hour in office, these people are gone.”

Illegal immigrants do bring drugs. They do rape. They are like vomit crossing the border. Who would deny that? They doesn’t equal all, as Trump did in fact imply on the campaign trail. Trump has never implied that ALL immigrants are like that. 

Remember the Pocahontas thing? You all thought they were so offended when actually they were not. How that backfired? Related thing thing here - Another poorly chosen battle. Not a hill to die on.

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Illegal immigrants do bring drugs. They do rape. They are like vomit crossing the border. Who would deny that? They doesn’t equal all, as Trump did in fact imply on the campaign trail. Trump has never implied that ALL immigrants are like that.

It really can't be denied anymore. Trump is your racist retiree uncle living in Florida scared shitless by brown people, elected to the highest office in the land. 

Look, there are people coming here from countries that do have serious problems, and that is usually why those people are leaving. Those countries are struggling, as were many countries at one time. People immigrated from those nations. EVERY TIME those people were stereotyped and vilified by those already here. They were framed as criminals and leeches. Every. Time. The Irish, the Germans, the Italians, the Jews etc. We are doing it again and this particular president based his campaign on doing it. He used people's fears and prejudices, as well as his own, to his advantage. He divided us further. He fanned flames and poured gasoline on them. And he's doing it again. He doesn't care about the effect he's having on us beyond how that effect serves his need at the time. That is not the mark of any leader.

Hell, this is a long and storied pattern. We should stop being reticent about calling it what it is. All that rhetoric during the campaign. Questioning the fitness of a U.S. born federal judge because of his heritage. His hemming and hawing over David Duke. The "both sides" remark in Charlottesville. 

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Remember the Pocahontas thing? You all thought they were so offended when actually they were not. How that backfired? Related thing thing here - Another poorly chosen battle. Not a hill to die on.

No I don't. That was like 30 offensive remarks ago. 

Archived