Men vs. Mississippi State

WarTiger

Just now, around4ever said:

19.  Several games renaming this weekend that could sway it. 

Highest ranked SEC team?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUGoo said:

Highest ranked SEC team?

Just now, AUGoo said:

Highest ranked SEC team?

Maybe. KY is in a tight one with Vandy right now. 

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Highest ranked SEC team?

Where it counts, which is the RPI, yes. AU is 6. UK next at 9.

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Maybe. KY is in a tight one with Vandy right now. 

UK put on a major run and has built up a bit of a lead...but only 5

Always love a road win!  

2 games in a row have been ugly and we found a way to win.  Very encouraging!

AU is gonna struggle with teams with good size, but we overcame that obstacle today. 

Bryce Brown was insane in the 2nd half today!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!  Keep winning baby!!!!!!

Certainly didn’t expect a turnaround like this from last year. We showed tremendous heart and toughness on the road. If we can keep playing defense, rebounding, and hitting our free throws then we have enough offense to beat anyone.

Now let’s go dominate in Tuscaloosa. War Eagle!!

being a very good free throw shooting team has helped beyond words.....my hope is that they don't get too haughty with the wins and too low when they lose, just keep an even keel and a sharp ax to keep chopping that wood

Love this team. Making the NCAA would have been considered a great accomplishment preseason and now looks very likely. Bruce Pearl is doing one helluva coaching job, probably best in the country (if someone is doing better I’d love to hear about it).

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Always love a road win!  

2 games in a row have been ugly and we found a way to win.  Very encouraging!

AU is gonna struggle with teams with good size, but we overcame that obstacle today. 

Bryce Brown was insane in the 2nd half today!!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!  Keep winning baby!!!!!!

Really dont get all the references to an ugly win. Nothing ugly about it. Its an away conference game, we put up 52 in the 2nd half and won. Just because you don't easily win doesnt mean it's ugly. It's basketball, not a walk in the park. It's a battle. I saw nothing ugly about this win at all.

49 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

being a very good free throw shooting team has helped beyond words.....

Last few years I used to look at the FT stats on close games and marvel over the wins that got away because we could not hit FTs , especially down the stretch in close games.  I'm sure all coaches work on FTs and try to improve the shooting but some really good things happened in the off season .....and maybe we just finally have some guys who are just good shooters....Harper, Murray and Heron all look confident and even on a miss, they don't clank them....good soft touch. . 

Nothing but love for this team! Keep the ball rolling, bouncing, and through the net!

My family and I were able to attend the game today, seeing AU basketball in person is a rarity for us, we live about 30 miles from Starkville. The first half was hard to watch, I made it a point to watch the body language etc of the AU players, yes there were some signs of frustration, BUT, they never got too emotional. They just kept playing, kept digging. Second half was really fun to watch. I like the mental toughness, that joint got a little on the loud side a time or two, it didn't phase them. I don't know if it was heard on tv or not, when the state students started chanting ucf, the Auburn faithful responded with a 49-10 chant, shut'em up for the most part. There was a decent turn out of Auburn folks in attendance today. It's been fun so far, hopefully they can keep things headed in the right direction.

32 minutes ago, aubie57 said:

My family and I were able to attend the game today, seeing AU basketball in person is a rarity for us, we live about 30 miles from Starkville. The first half was hard to watch, I made it a point to watch the body language etc of the AU players, yes there were some signs of frustration, BUT, they never got too emotional. They just kept playing, kept digging. Second half was really fun to watch. I like the mental toughness, that joint got a little on the loud side a time or two, it didn't phase them. I don't know if it was heard on tv or not, when the state students started chanting ucf, the Auburn faithful responded with a 49-10 chant, shut'em up for the most part. There was a decent turn out of Auburn folks in attendance today. It's been fun so far, hopefully they can keep things headed in the right direction.

Auburn brought two busloads of students and fans from Auburn. Think Bruce organized it or got it going.

41 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Auburn brought two busloads of students and fans from Auburn. Think Bruce organized it or got it going.

Yes, the State fans tried that UCF chant a few times but it was kind of pathetic really because it's not like it would affect the basketball team anyway. :dunno: The group of Auburn fans got pretty loud once Auburn got close and then took the lead for good. They filled a good bit of two sections in the upper tier. 

This game next week on the road at THAT place. THAT airport hanger is going to be our toughest game to date on the season. That crowd will be raucous. It will be a true test to our team. There is not tougher game in sports than road basketball games. The crowd can energize a team so much and feeds off of them and can get them to play above their capabilities. IN BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE I TRUST!!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!! lets go boys!

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

being a very good free throw shooting team has helped beyond words.....my hope is that they don't get too haughty with the wins and too low when they lose, just keep an even keel and a sharp ax to keep chopping that wood

I can’t even begin to count how many games we have lost in the last 6 years because we could not hit free throws consistently. No excuse for that. This team understands and have put in the practice hours to make a difference at the line. 

I have only been able to listen to Auburn once and that was today. From what I can gather, this team truly believes in themselves. I also like their free throw shooting which has been a huge plus for them. 

I work in Colorado and at work today I told them in years past one word to describe AU basketball was sux. Now, they are undefeated in the conference and have the longest winning streak in the country. WDE everyone. :wareagle:

We usually out hustle our opponents and beat them on the board. Today MSU came out and played hard right to the end. We did not out hustle them but we kept hustling. Harper did not play one of his better games. In first half he was part of the problem not getting the team into its offense.  This year I think he has been best PG in SEC and a case could be made for him being our MVP for the year. Heron was off. Murray was Murray hustling winning boards he shouldn't finding ways to score.  Bryce got super hot and got us back in the game. Harper hits a long 3 gets a drive for a FG in crunch time. Spencer steps up with two D plays. Okeke with a put back Dunbar with a three.

We find a way to win because we get contributions from everywhere. Even players not having their best game find a way to help us. This team wins by outworking other teams and by trusting each other they know somebody will find a way to get us over the hump. Assuming this continues this may be the best coaching job Bruce has ever done.

Archived