Men vs. Mississippi State

WarTiger

16 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Really dont get all the references to an ugly win. Nothing ugly about it. Its an away conference game, we put up 52 in the 2nd half and won. Just because you don't easily win doesnt mean it's ugly. It's basketball, not a walk in the park. It's a battle. I saw nothing ugly about this win at all.

Good assessment. I think the first half was kinda ugly on AU's part, but that was mostly due to MSU's energy and execution. They poured every ounce of what they had into that first half. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for Auburn, the game is 40 mins in length and the better team had outplayed the lesser team by game's end.

But to number1's point...it was overall a beautiful win.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are streaky with our shooting ( hence the back to back comeback wins.). Hasn’t bit us in the butt yet but the odds are that it’s coming. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We are streaky with our shooting ( hence the back to back comeback wins.). Hasn’t bit us in the butt yet but the odds are that it’s coming. 

You're right. I think our biggest threat is losing focus on D in the 2nd half and losing a close one. But to your point, if we come out ice cold for a half against KY's length or certainly at FL later on, thst would not be a good formula for winning the game..

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Happened plenty last year. I'm hoping our depth will prevent that, but inevitably you're right

We won't win out but it think we win most of them. just something different about this team. A different Bruce too. even before the games started he seemed confident.

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

We won't win out but it think we win most of them. just something different about this team. A different Bruce too. even before the games started he seemed confident.

I expect us to lose a few too. I guess it’s up to our coaching staff to make sure when we do, to stop the bleeding and to not let the losses be deflating. Have to stay pretty even keel no matter what. 

26 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

This team does not have any superstars, but *everyone* contributes and plays like a TEAM!

They will have a star from time to time. Bryce was yesterday. Several are capable of a big game. But you are correct. No first round picks on this team right now. 

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Anybody have any insight why Mclemore only got 12 mins yesterday? I missed the first half and didn't really see him at all in the 2nd half.

I was wondering the same thing. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I was wondering the same thing. 

mac was sloppy and a step slow, lethargic like he might not have felt good....with this flu bug and other crud going around, it might have been the reason that he only got 12 minutes....he was off of his game

5 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Anybody have any insight why Mclemore only got 12 mins yesterday? I missed the first half and didn't really see him at all in the 2nd half.

I'm thinking it was bad matchups inside......the big MSU guys pushed him around and he could not push back enough to keep them away from the basket.    JMO but things got better when we had more muscle going inside to push back.     His forte' is blocking shots and he was having no luck against the big guys who just went over him.  It won't be that way in every game....but IMO, it was a good move to let Murray fight with the big guys underneath and he succeeded in drawing a ton of fouls and Spencer had better luck standing his ground against the MSU bigs....

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

We're 1 year ahead of schedule. Regardless of what happens this year, Next year could be special.

Next year? This year is looking at bit on the special side.

Archived