2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

ellitor

From Rice. I can't speak specifics because it's behind a pay wall but he seems to had better & more consistent play than the other GT OL AU is looking at, Casey Tucker. He also seems to be in more demand from more schools as well. Anyway Calvin is tagged in the below VIP article on his profile page.

image.png

Just as with Tucker, Calvin can play in 2018 but may be able to count in the 2019 class depending on when he would enroll.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

Any others as well? I read that VT has a graduate RB that may consider us

They do?

5 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Any others as well? I read that VT has a graduate RB that may consider us

When Auburn recruiting reporters report it then it will be posted by someone. Anderson & Tucker are the only 2 GT names AU reporters have mentioned so far.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

GT Safety please!!! Pretty please

Almost a necessity.

A lot of people are concerned about the OL. To me, We have a lot of unproven talent that has been in the program a while on the OL. To me that is far better than what we don't have at safety.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

can play in 2018 but may be able to count in the 2019 class depending on when he would enroll

Can you tell me why this is a good thing? I don't see the long term benefit of a GT counting in 19 when he played in 18 and is already gone from the program.

8 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Can you tell me why this is a good thing? I don't see the long term benefit of a GT counting in 19 when he played in 18 and is already gone from the program.

If you can count him in the 2019 25 limit that's 1 more spot you can use in the 2018 limit on someone else.

Just now, ellitor said:

If you can count him in the 2019 25 limit that's 1 more spot you can use in the 2018 limit on someone else.

Which means one less spot in the 2019 class 

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Which means one less spot in the 2019 class 

Yeah but the immediate need is to fill the 2018's 25 with as many quality prospects as they can. Counting 1 or 2 GTs to 2019 would allow the staff to maximize that.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but the immediate need is to fill the 2018's 25 with as many quality prospects as they can.

If we are talking quality, Joiner shouldn’t be a take, then.

Counting 1 or 2 GTs to 2019 would allow the staff to maximize that.

Basically we are willing to maximize this class at the expense of next year’s clas.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Almost a necessity.

A lot of people are concerned about the OL. To me, We have a lot of unproven talent that has been in the program a while on the OL. To me that is far better than what we don't have at safety.

There is a grad transfer from Illinois who will have 2 years of eligibility left,  Patrick Nelson.

https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Illini-safety-Patrick-Nelson-to-transfer-111278028

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Almost a necessity.

I'm puzzled as to why we're so depleted at safety, stocked at WR, yet may lose our most talented recruit(arguably) to Clemson because they are offering him as a safety. 

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I'm puzzled as to why we're so depleted at safety,

In the last 3 classes

Only able to take 1 last year due to Carlito not being able to qualify for AU
Marlon Character leaving after 1 year.
Colbert not panning out from the 2015 class
Tim Irvin not panning out as a N/S

40 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

may lose our most talented recruit(arguably) to Clemson because they are offering him as a safety. 

Wouldn't be why we lose him if we do. It would be because of Clemson's consistent championship pedigree under Dabo & some of his family want him to go to Clemson.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Basically we are willing to maximize this class at the expense of next year’s clas.

That's how I see it and I still don't see the long term benefit.

4 minutes ago, kd4au said:

That's how I see it and I still don't see the long term benefit.

It wouldn't be for long term benefit. It would be for immediate roster depth benefit.. Regardless I was just stating he may count on the 2018 or 2019 25 pending on when he enrolls. Wasn't saying 1 is better or worse in my original post.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It wouldn't be for long term benefit. It would be for immediate roster depth benefit.. Regardless I was just stating he may count on the 2018 or 2019 25 pending on when he enrolls. Wasn't saying 1 is better or worse in my original post.

I'll just say that if we are taking GT's we are missing on a lot of recruits and or the players  we have are not good enough. I can understand taking a really outstanding player for one year if he fills a immediate need but it shouldn't be standard operating procedure. And I would feel better about taking one and counting him to this class not next years if we really need him and hope we do better next year.

If he can contribute like Casey Dunn, I like. If he comes in overweight and makes a minimal contribution like Winston Bell, then we have thrown away away a scholarship and sets Auburn back on o-line roster management.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

In the last 3 classes

Only able to take 1 last year due to Carlito not being able to qualify for AU
Marlon Character leaving after 1 year.
Colbert not panning out from the 2015 class
Tim Irvin not panning out as a N/S

Wouldn't be why we lose him if we do. It would be because of Clemson's consistent championship pedigree under Dabo & some of his family want him to go to Clemson.

who are we talking about losing to Clemson?

Isn't Hill on campus this weekend? What are our chances of losing him?  I thought he was a hard commit.

Archived