2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

ellitor

On 2/28/2018 at 1:19 PM, PotPot said:

I am surprised to hear that Hoss Cartwright is a tweeter. Never would have guessed 

Dirk Blocker was his son who was on the series I think called " Blacksheep Squadron" or something like that. Pappy Boington was the head of the real life squadron.  I had a 3rd cousin who was actually a member of the real squadron.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoting from the article above: "

The presence of new UT O-line coach Herb Hand, who had actually started recruiting Anderson for Auburn, though, was significant. Anderson called Hand’s role in the decision “huge.”

"Herb Hand coming to Texas was a large reason for me (choosing UT). Had he not come, circumstances might be different."

Surely that can't be true! All we heard while he was here was what a lousy recruiter Hand was. :(

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The presence of new UT O-line coach Herb Hand, who had actually started recruiting Anderson for Auburn, though, was significant. Anderson called Hand’s role in the decision “huge.”

"Herb Hand coming to Texas was a large reason for me (choosing UT). Had he not come, circumstances might be different."

Surely that can't be true! All we heard while he was here was what a lousy recruiter Hand was. :(

I think the beef with hand as a recruiter wasn't his ability go land guys, it was who he chose to go after and how they didn't always necessarily fit our needs.

I want to know how Hand convinced the kid that he could coach him up, considering his track record.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I am pretty sure more people had a issue with his coaching than him as a recruiter. Though he did not land nearly as many guys as I thought he would with his great twitter personality.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Mikey just wondering who would you prefer if you were the head coach, Grimes or Hand? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Maybe Calvin's talk about going up against the best to get you ready for the NFL was just what sounded good for him to say.  If you are trying to win a beauty pageant that pays out a life changing amount of money do you want to walk on stage with super models or do you want to compete with a bunch of 5's?

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

Mikey just wondering who would you prefer if you were the head coach, Grimes or Hand? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Grimes. Why do you ask?

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Grimes. Why do you ask?

Just seemed from your post you preferred Hand and I wonder if I was reading more in to your post than you were saying. Guess I was.

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Just seemed from your post you preferred Hand and I wonder if I was reading more in to your post than you were saying. Guess I was.

No, I didn't prefer Hand. Just poking fun at the few here that whined incessently about Hand not being a good recruiter. There are others on the staff that can recruit. We need some teachers too and Grimes is a teacher.

Well, have fun going 8-4 with a below average o-line coach

On 3/11/2018 at 6:29 PM, Zeek said:

Well, have fun going 8-4 with a below average o-line coach

Heck, maybe 7-5 or 6-6 under the woeful hands of Hand,  while he sees Auburn making a run for the SEC title again!

• 10 months later...

Bump. A little"where are they now" fun. Calvin rock & rolled at Texas - locking down the left tackle position for 14 games. Admit I doubted his plan to transfer from one of the worst offenses in a decade (Rice) to prime(ish) time in Austin but the man pulled it off. Sigh.

• 2 months later...

Archived