2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is why we must #freethegifs

#gifsofthrones #gameofgifs #gifteriscoming #grosstheyarerelated

Yep. Winter is coming....with gifs?!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/28/2018 at 5:51 PM, doc4aday said:

Rice-Aroni is some of the best stuff out there if you like rice!  My Corgi, "Sir Maxwell The Great" loves any dish made with Rice-Aroni. I have him trained to bark and growl any time their is an elephant on TV.  It is hilarious to watch this! 

Rice-Aroni is the San Francisco treat- maybe that's what Bird meant when he said particular ? 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is why we must #freethegifs

#gifsofthrones #gameofgifs #gifteriscoming #grosstheyarerelated

It’s cool, this isn’t a gif, but a YouTube video.  #loopholes

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It’s cool, this isn’t a gif, but a YouTube video.  #loopholes

Got to meet Morgan Freeman 4 years ago. A really super nice guy who is easily approachable.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd say 50%

That is as good of odds as one can hope 4!

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd say 50%

Wondering what you meant by 50%.....is that a sarcastic 50% (statistically speaking it is 50%), but however I am hoping it is 50% chance it is Auburn and a combined 50% for Texas, Mich, and the others.....that would be great.

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Wondering what you meant by 50%.....is that a sarcastic 50% (statistically speaking it is 50%), but however I am hoping it is 50% chance it is Auburn and a combined 50% for Texas, Mich, and the others.....that would be great.

Lobos 50%

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Lobos 50%

Sweet!   Auburn 50% and UNM 50%....glad to see he eliminated TX.   That's kinda a big deal, he grew up a longhorn fan and family is in/near Austin, TX.   

Sure hope Davey doesn't land him.:-\ 

13 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Sweet!   Auburn 50% and UNM 50%....glad to see he eliminated TX.   That's kinda a big deal, he grew up a longhorn fan and family is in/near Austin, TX.   

Sure hope Davey doesn't land him.:-\ 

Bob's got it under control

21 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Uh, it’s Bird. It’s always sarcastic.

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

Do we have any idea what our chances are with him?

Not until he visits this weekend or next.

48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I sure hope Calvin will become an Auburn Tiger on signing day.

Likely won't commit anywhere til after NSD.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Likely won't commit anywhere til after NSD.

If he waits till after NSD what are the chances we still have a spot for him?

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If he waits till after NSD what are the chances we still have a spot for him?

He's got a spot regardless. He can count to 2019 if he enrolls after June 1st.

He would still play in the 2018 season Devil even if he can be counted on the 2019 25 limit. Not sure of the point of your gif.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

He would still play in the 2018 season Devil even if he can be counted on the 2019 25 limit. Not sure of the point of your gif.

Wouldn't that put us behind the 8-ball for 2019 then?  So would it be worth doing?  It seems like right now we have a lot of 4-5* guys for the 2019 class that we have a good shot at landing, but could have issues if we run into numbers problems like we are this year.

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Wouldn't that put us behind the 8-ball for 2019 then?  So would it be worth doing?  It seems like right now we have a lot of 4-5* guys for the 2019 class that we have a good shot at landing, but could have issues if we run into numbers problems like we are this year.

“Bird in the hand” situation if you ask me. We need an OT in this class, and will have to worry about next year, next year. 

43 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Wouldn't that put us behind the 8-ball for 2019 then?

Depends on attrition. A normal Gus attrition rate then maybe yes. Just because you can sign 25 each year doesn't mean you have to. Look at Clemson. They have only approached the max in a class 1 time the past 6 classes. (3 others were at 16, 15, & 16). Yet they are competing at the highest levels. We graduate only 10 after next season. If Gus can avoid his customary losing nearly 15 due to attrition then we will not need to sign 25 & that would not put us behind the ball for 2019.

52 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So would it be worth doing?

As implied above yes, especially in this case where the kid will likely be your starting LT or RT this coming season.

If we can get him and count him on 2019 its win win. We need him so that we dont trot out at right tackle against Washington a top ten team a guy that has never started a single college game in his life. Anderson would be starting his 37th. We also need him because it would give us 4 players at the tackle spots, two deep, with out having to count on Bailey Sharp. Now Bailey may show up on 2/27 and kick every body's butt, hope he does, but he hasnt to this point.  With Anderson we have Ashley and Sammons and Prince Tega. All very athletic big physical guys with the talent to play the position. There is no way that is a bad thing. As to 2019 we will be able to sign 25. I dont remember the number but we were nowhere close to the 85 limit this year, gave a number of walkons scholarships. For some reason 78 sticks in my mind. If that is the case and we have 10 seniors, their are at least 3 Juniors who i expect to go early, thats 20 spots. I feel, unfortunately that 5 people will either not take their 5th year or leave between now and then, so we will sign 25.

Archived