2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

ellitor

14 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This guy hasn’t picked anyone yet?

He has said all along that he wouldn't announce his school choice until his birthday which is in the last week of March.

I mean, he could sign earlier, but he has been up front about his plans the entire time. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From another forum...

"This is feeling more and more like an Auburn-Texas battle. Michigan isn’t out of it, per se, but based on the vibe Anderson gave to coaches, players and staffers on the Plains, he wants to be in the SEC or stay closer to home."

"Auburn’s best chance: the Southeastern Conference. According to sources, Anderson feels the SEC, especially Auburn, provide an opportunity to play against the best defensive linemen in the country on a daily basis (in practice) and weekly basis (in games). Anderson used the word “big” in every way to describe the SEC. The players are big, the stage is bigger. That’s going to be a big reason for Anderson to choose the Tigers, if that’s what happens. 

FWIW KN backs this up too. Apparently Anderson really likes idea of practicing against our DL & mentioned going up against guys like Marlon Davidson & Derrick Brown will help him be more prepared for NFL"

However, I do wonder what our line would be if he signs with us. 

Anderson at LT AND Tega at RT? Would this then keep Tega at RT after next season with Ashley sliding to LT? Or would we then move Tega back to LT and put Ashley at RT? 

Ashley seems to me like he would be a natural fit at LT more than RT...

I know we could this problem out if Calvin commits and signs with Auburn. What a great problem to have on your football team. Come on Calvin, commit and sign with the Auburn Tigers.

I like our chances with this young man. I think he will choose us over Texas or TAMU. Just a strong gut feeling. We were one of the first schools to offer him and I think we are sitting good with Calvin!

My Corgi, Lord Maxwell is currently enjoying an episode of "Walker Texas Ranger" I am going to film him soon and show everyone his limitless talents! The little guy watches TV much like a 5 year old!

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I like our chances with this young man. I think he will choose us over Texas or TAMU. Just a strong gut feeling. We were one of the first schools to offer him and I think we are sitting good with Calvin!

My Corgi, Lord Maxwell is currently enjoying an episode of "Walker Texas Ranger" I am going to film him soon and show everyone his limitless talents! The little guy watches TV much like a 5 year old!

Max should be watching Monk 

On 2/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, augolf1716 said:

Max should be watching Monk 

he loves watching Bonanza as well.  He hates Ford vehicles for whatever reason I do not know! Every time a Ford commercial comes on, he goes bonkers and will not stop not matter of how much you try to divert his attention. He will not bark at any other car commercials except for Ford! He is a funny guy for sure. 

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

he loves watching Bonanza as well.  He hates Ford vehicles for whatever reason I do not know! Every time a Ford commercial comes on, he goes bonkers and will not stop not matter of how much you try to divert his attention. He will not bark at any other car commercials except for Ford! He is a funny guy for sure. 

Why not Gunsmoke over Bonanza?

Just now, The Plainsman said:

Why not Gunsmoke over Bonanza?

I think it has to do with Hoss!

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

he loves watching Bonanza as well

You ever let him watch Longmire?

8 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

lol  lovable Hoss

Did you know, Golf that in the series Hoss, Adam and Little Joe all had different mothers? Don't tell me my college edumacation went to waste.

32 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Did you know, Golf that in the series Hoss, Adam and Little Joe all had different mothers? Don't tell me my college edumacation went to waste.

Yes, only because on of the sport talk shows has Bonanza trivia...... also which one of the sons went to college

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Hoss was from a Viking mother, Little Joe from a New Orleans lady, and Adam from a New England scholar!  I love Bonanza and watch it on channel 364 on DirecTV.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yes, only because on of the sport talk shows has Bonanza trivia...... also which one of the sons went to college

That's easy, it was Adam. I think ha ha  been a long time since I watched that show. But it is a good one.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

What was his major?

You got me there, I have no clue what was his major? Did they even have majors back then? Your the right one to ask right?

FWIW his most recent liked tweet was yesterday of Daniel Carlson's tweet about leaving for the combine that read:

As I leave for the NFL Combine today, I think of this promise... “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11 #BlessedAndGrateful

- @DanielCarlson38

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

What was his major?

Study of farm animals?  (the univ. of Nevada at Virginia City?)

On 2/27/2018 at 9:18 AM, augolf1716 said:

lol  lovable Hoss

Little Joe was better.  Then he moved to a little House on the Prairie!  ?

Archived