2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

ellitor

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Don't know much about the recruitiment, but after listening to Anderson's interview I can say for certain he's one of the most intelligent recruits I've ever heard. Very polished as a person. 

Rice is on par academically with the Dukes/Stanfords/etc of the college world. You have to be pretty sharp just to keep your head above water there. I'm a reasonably accomplished guy but I have to say, visiting there and Duke with my daughter looking at schools this summer/fall... the students at those places intimidated me, lol.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Rice is on par academically with the Dukes/Stanfords/etc of the college world. You have to be pretty sharp just to keep your head above water there. I'm a reasonably accomplished guy but I have to say, visiting there and Duke with my daughter looking at schools this summer/fall... the students at those places intimidated me, lol.

Much agreed. Best wishes to your daughter.  If you’re looking at schools like that for her, she has to be really talented. 

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Much agreed. Best wishes to your daughter.  If you’re looking at schools like that for her, she has to be really talented. 

She is but man, those places are so competitive (and expensive), I don't think that she'll quite get in. Thanks for the kind words. Now, back to Mr. Anderson.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Rice students are a...umm.... particular group

3 hours ago, fredst said:

Don't give up...I have two nephews who are Duke grads and they say the hardest part was actually getting into the school.   These guys are high achievers but good guys and both career military now and enjoyed the full college experience...academics...and never missed a basketball game either.    

If your daughter can get into one of these schools I'm betting she will do just fine and will find compatible class mates.  

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Rice-Aroni is some of the best stuff out there if you like rice!  My Corgi, "Sir Maxwell The Great" loves any dish made with Rice-Aroni. I have him trained to bark and growl any time their is an elephant on TV.  It is hilarious to watch this! 

On 1/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, fredst said:

She is but man, those places are so competitive (and expensive), I don't think that she'll quite get in. Thanks for the kind words. Now, back to Mr. Anderson.

Got to get her to AU! We need good people like that walking across this campus. ;)

On 1/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, bigbird said:

I've heard that some of the ladies at Mississippi College don't use certain hygiene products because they believe them to be sacrilege. 

That kind of particular?

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Got to get her to AU! We need good people like that walking across this campus. ;)

She loved it on her official visit and has good scholarship help if she attended. She's trying to broaden her horizons a little which I'm encouraging (won't bother me to see her be less parochial than her Dad?). Sorry for the derailment, E?.

Anyways, this Calvin Anderson would be a cool get wouldn't he be?

50 minutes ago, fredst said:

2B1F7119-0B9F-4ABF-9466-BE29F3DAF700.gif

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

drink.gif

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tommen-jumping.gif

This is why we must #freethegifs

#gifsofthrones #gameofgifs #gifteriscoming #grosstheyarerelated

Chill w/ the pointless gifs fellas.

Calvin Anderson is arguably the staff's top target in this class. It would be huge if we could get him.

Mikey’s post about incessant gifs is a perfect example of the Streisand Effect. But I tend to agree with him.  They are overused but the ones above are funny!

12 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Mikey’s post about incessant gifs is a perfect example of the Streisand Effect. But I tend to agree with him.  They are overused but the ones above are funny!

Had to look up Streisand Effect. 

Tipper Gore has always been my go-to for that phenomenon. 

I wonder if Calvin Anderson likes gifs? Game of Thrones? 2 Live Crew? You KNOW he loves him some Barbara Streisand.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Chill w/ the pointless gifs fellas.

Calvin Anderson is arguably the staff's top target in this class. It would be huge if we could get him.

Sometimes a guy’s just gotta Streisand....

B27F560A-B1A8-4AD2-A612-E09D9A8ABFEF.gif

Archived