2018 or 2019 Grad Transfer OT Calvin Anderson

ellitor

Do we have any "inside info" on when/how this might pan out? I want him at Auburn so bad I'm blinded by orange and blue goggles.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

No offense but Anderson would start day one at AU. Ashely should be the other. Sammons and Troxell are still way way way way off. Tega is still way off. 

Dont matter as its hook em with this kid. 

No Offense taken. I just think with Grimes coaching for next 6 months you can see a huge improvement.

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

No Offense taken. I just think with Grimes coaching for next 6 months you can see a huge improvement.

Grimes can coach adequately as long as he is able to, but he is a less than average recruiter.

wde 

Anderson will start if he comes but Ashley is not the other starter. Tega and Anderson would start with Ashley and Sharp as backups. Tega will be a heck of a player this year especially with coach grimes working with him. Expect the same kind of improvement that Robinson had between Redshirt freshmen and season he left as number two guy in the draft.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Told the AU coaches he was done with visits. Now is visiting Oklahoma. Not good for AU. 

Probably doesn’t matter since he’s going to end up in Austin anyway, right?

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Told the AU coaches he was done with visits. Now is visiting Oklahoma. Not good for AU. 

headbanging.gif

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

Tega will be a heck of a player this year especially with coach grimes working with him.

This is what I'm hoping, too. Tega, Ashley and even Sammons should have been the most excited people of all to hear that Grimes was coming back. He can turn potential into reality.

47 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

This is what I'm hoping, too. Tega, Ashley and even Sammons should have been the most excited people of all to hear that Grimes was coming back. He can turn potential into reality.

I got to believe Kim was the most excited.  He came in as a great option at C & recruited by Grimes as such.  As of now we have been hunting for a C.  So hopefully Grimes can get out of Kim whatever it was that he saw from him that nobody else has seen.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

I got to believe Kim was the most excited.  He came in as a great option at C & recruited by Grimes as such.  As of now we have been hunting for a C.  So hopefully Grimes can get out of Kim whatever it was that he saw from him that nobody else has seen.

No doubt. Kim fell so far under the radar that I actually forgot about him. Shame on me.

42 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

38 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No doubt. Kim fell so far under the radar that I actually forgot about him. Shame on me.

Harrell, Horton, Sharp and Carr- all Grimes guys, also. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Harrell, Horton, Sharp and Carr- all Grimes guys, also. 

Nothing like coming home. Now he knows what Gus felt like in 2013. 

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Nothing like coming home. Now he knows what Gus felt like in 2013. 

The only thing, Grimes recruited those guys to block in a zone read option style offense. Hopefully they can be effective in a more pass heavy scheme. 

On 2/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid will stay home and play. 

where do you get your information from? I think we have an excellent chance of landing this young man.  I think coach Grimes made a positive impression on Calvin and will be a positive with us signing him. A little positive from you would be good from time to time!

On 2/13/2018 at 11:21 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

I think this young man will steer clear of Texas. They just got one of the worst OL coaches out there and Grimes is light years better than Hand as a technician. Grimes has probably forgotten as much in the past 30 seconds as Hands has gained in a life time of OL coaching. We know Grimes is not the best recruiter out there, but what he brings to the table to our OLs is far more valuable. Grimes can recruit enough to be of help, but other coaches will take up whatever slack Grimes presents as a recruiter.

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I am curious, where do you get your information?  I think Ellitor has the beat on what is going on and will trust his opinion in that he usually is right on with what is really going on.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid will stay home and play. 

Calvin has stated more than once that he wants to play in the SEC. This does not bode well whatsoever for the horns. My bet is on Calvin coming to Auburn.

9 hours ago, doc4aday said:

steer clear of Texas

No pun intended. ? That’s funny right there 

12 hours ago, aubearcat said:

The only thing, Grimes recruited those guys to block in a zone read option style offense. Hopefully they can be effective in a more pass heavy scheme. 

I don't think there are big fundamental differences in how we block now. Could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think there are big fundamental differences in how we block now. Could be wrong. 

There is a huge difference in the way we block now vs when Grimes was here.  First of all, someone would say we don't block at all now.  haha  But seriously, when Grimes was here before we were doing more straight up blocking or pulling to block.  Last year we changed all that for the new O and it is all zone blocking now.  This is a completely different philosophy and complete different talent required.  Typically zone blocking OL are smaller and more agile while what Grimes was doing before is more road grader types.

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

There is a huge difference in the way we block now vs when Grimes was here.  First of all, someone would say we don't block at all now.  haha  But seriously, when Grimes was here before we were doing more straight up blocking or pulling to block.  Last year we changed all that for the new O and it is all zone blocking now.  This is a completely different philosophy and complete different talent required.  Typically zone blocking OL are smaller and more agile while what Grimes was doing before is more road grader types.

Huh. I thought we were zone blocking in '13 and '14, too. Shows how little I know. Many thanks for the education. 

Archived