2019 4* DE Nathan Pickering (Miss St.)

WFE12

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

So...what is up? We were supposed to really get into Mississippi for these recruits

Doesn't mean we will get more than 1 or 2. Nothing is up.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

How are we doing with the other ones?

Top group w/ some. Tied at the top for 1. May lead for another.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Is Georgia our focus now with OP on board?

Georgia is always a focus, as is Alabama, & Florida. Level of focus shifts based on talent in each area. Missippi is a focus when they have enough talented kids in a class.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what are our chances realistically for this young man?

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Got work to do. Good thing is this class is littered w/ kids of his size & attributes & we only need to get 1.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

?

On 5/2/2018 at 3:43 PM, doc4aday said:

50/50

14 hours ago, fredst said:

50/50

People have to know that this is the answer coming every time...lol

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

People have to know that this is the answer coming every time...lol

Been a running thing on here since Big Bird was a little bird.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Been a running thing on here since Big Bird was a little bird.

bird was never little always been a fatass

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just out of curiosity, do you, Bird, E, and anyone else know each other outside of the forum?

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Me?  There's a reason you played golf

dbedebe2-d022-473d-a068-36d8d58005c9_tex

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like he said GREAT GOLFER I'll deal with the huge ass

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Like he said GREAT GOLFER I'll deal with the huge ass

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

You guy's crack me up.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It has been hard to tell from the articles not behind pay walls which way he is leaning if at all.  I know how hard it is to get kids out of Mississippi but I think this comes down to an Auburn, Georgia, Bama, LSU, UF battle.  Hope it's the good guys.

E would we take Hall, Handy, Colby, and Pickering along with Jamond if they all wanted to come or will it be a 1st come first serve thing with some of them?  Thanks

45 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

It has been hard to tell from the articles not behind pay walls which way he is leaning if at all.  I know how hard it is to get kids out of Mississippi but I think this comes down to an Auburn, Georgia, Bama, LSU, UF battle.  Hope it's the good guys.

We are behind a ways.

46 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

E would we take Hall, Handy, Colby, and Pickering along with Jamond if they all wanted to come or will it be a 1st come first serve thing with some of them?  Thanks

Egboigbe & Charles Moore are more likely than Pickering right now by a good margin. There's been talk AU may take 6 DL but I'm not sure I see it. Specifically in the end IMO it's no sure thing we take both Hall & Wooden since the staff projects both as Bucks & we have 3 underclassmen Bucks on roster now. 5 DL in the class is a real possibility.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are behind a ways.

Egboigbe & Charles Moore are more likely than Pickering right now by a good margin. There's been talk AU may take 6 DL but I'm not sure I see it. Specifically in the end IMO it's no sure thing we take both Hall & Wooden since the staff projects both as Bucks & we have 3 underclassmen Bucks on roster now. 5 DL in the class is a real possibility.

We will be replacing Brown, Russle, Marlon, and Williams. All 4 contributed substantially. I'd like another 5-6 coming in and only one of those slotted as a Buck.  To me we need to build up the DT spot.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

We will be replacing Brown, Russle, Marlon, and Williams. All 4 contributed substantially. I'd like another 5-6 coming in and only one of those slotted as a Buck.  To me we need to build up the DT spot.

Any chance in hell that either DB or MD stay?

7 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

50/50

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

one of those slotted as a Buck

For what it’s worth. Both Keith and J Lee say we are recruiting both Wooden & Hall for the Buck position. The staff is going to have to like Wooden as a strong side end also otherwise I don’t see us taking both of them.

18 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Basically  only if they get injured and I don’t think none of us want that.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

It depends on what kind of year both of them have. My biggest issue with this coaching staff and previous coaching staffs is their inability to convince guys to stay when they can improve their draft stock, (i.e. Jeffrey Holland)

This years’ DL class is absolutely LOADED. You have the 4 DL from Clemson, Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary, Jeffrey Simmons, Nick Bosa, Raekwon Davis, etc.... I don’t see MD going above any of those guys, but I think DB has 1st round potential. The problem is that unless he blows it up this year, he more than likely won’t go as high as he normally would go. I think they both really love Auburn, so I’m holding out hope that they’ll pull a Jonathan Allen and return for their senior season even though he was a likely 1st round draft pick the year before. 

My biggest concern may be Nick Coe. He may have the most potential of anyone on that DL. If we can get 2 of the 3 back between MD, DB, & NC then I would be ecstatic.

20 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

My biggest concern may be Nick Coe. He may have the most potential of anyone on that DL. If we can get 2 of the 3 back between MD, DB, & NC then I would be ecstatic.

Nick Coe is a sophomore. 

Derrick and Marlon love Auburn but are almost for sure top three round talent so they’ll go. 

You pointed to Jeff Holland as a gripe with our staff not convincing juniors to stay for their senior year, but other than this past year, the staff has done a great job at keeping juniors. Contrary to popular belief, having kids drafted at all is really good for our program when the school across the state has 3+ players going in the first round every year. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth. Both Keith and J Lee say we are recruiting both Wooden & Hall for the book position. The staff is going to have to like Wooden as a strong side end also otherwise I don’t see us taking both of them.

That is good to know.  I am glad we are really harping the academic side of things for these kids.  :coffee:

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

DB and his GF are also having a baby in December...He's one of my FAVORITE players, but I expect he will be weighing the pros/cons of going pro and doing what's best for his family. 

9 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nick Coe is a sophomore.

Redshirted a year though so still would be 3 years removed from high school.

I don’t think he leaves anyway, barring a ridiculous year for him.

Archived