I'm stubborn but I'm ready to admit

cole256

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

5 national titles later.........I guess......Bammer MAY have made a good decision hiring Saban

Nahh!!  Really?  Ya think?  

The best decision they made was getting the guy who has direct ties to the $$$$$ blanket and a past that includes a gag order stemming from their days at LSU. Saban is a damn good coach but he wouldn't have 5 titles if not for their ability to do whatever they want on the recruiting market. 

And for those who refuse to accept he's a supported coach by Emmert and the NCAA scroll down to the LSU portion of this story from 2013. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/02/ncaa-president-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/

27 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The best decision they made was getting the guy who has direct ties to the $$$$$ blanket and a past that includes a gag order stemming from their days at LSU. Saban is a damn good coach but he wouldn't have 5 titles if not for their ability to do whatever they want on the recruiting market. 

Not only this but BSPN has royally kissed his but since he arrived. All the air time they give him helps him to land top classes and then they rate his recruits higher so he definitely looks great. That is why so many recruits want to go there for all the sports show love. They also help him to become the only coach in modern era to get into and win two playoffs that he shouldn’t have been eligible for because of not winning his conference. How in the world can the number 3 team in a conference play for a championship. Because BSPN will let him come on and beg the committee to put him in cause it’s the turds. If we were still in the era before the bcs the only title he might hold would be 2009 . 

21 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not only this but BSPN has royally kissed his but since he arrived. All the air time they give him helps him to land top classes and then they rate his recruits higher so he definitely looks great. That is why so many recruits want to go there for all the sports show love. They also help him to become the only coach in modern era to get into and win two playoffs that he shouldn’t have been eligible for because of not winning his conference. How in the world can the number 3 team in a conference play for a championship. Because BSPN will let him come on and beg the committee to put him in cause it’s the turds. If we were still in the era before the bcs the only title he might hold would be 2009 . 

Yet some want to go to an 8 team format which only gives him an increased chance of winning a NC on the off hand chance he lost 2 regular season games. 

I agree. I think we need a change to conference champs only . I don’t care if it’s AU . Win your conference or stay at home. My preference would be a six team play off. Power 5 conference champs and the highest group of 5 team. That way a team like UCF will get its deserved chance. And at the end no one can argue the results. 

Well he's known to be a defensive minded coachand he did it when he had to.....we have an offensive minded coach and we keep making the same mistakes over and over and over...

6 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

If he was such a great coach, he would have replaced Hurts with Tua earlier in the season like most everyone else was pointing out, def no later than halftime of the IB. 

There was really no reason to add Tua in the mix any earlier. They brought him along perfectly against other SEC teams and rolling Tua out against that Auburn defense in JHS is probably the dumbest thing you can do. That’s a situation where you have an option, it was still a close game and Alabama was leaving plays on the table offensively. Down 13-0 and getting completely clamped up against UGA, there were no other options

Apparently Lane Kiffin disagrees with you @cole256.  His tweets today really let the world know he wants nothing to do with the man. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, autigeremt said:

And for those who refuse to accept he's a supported coach by Emmert and the NCAA scroll down to the LSU portion of this story from 2013. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2013/04/02/ncaa-president-emmert-previous-cases-uconn-lsu/2047607/

Exactly. 

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Apparently Lane Kiffin disagrees with you @cole256.  His tweets today really let the world know he wants nothing to do with the man. 

giphy.gif

What did Kiffin say? I don't do tweets...

As Saban will continue to win championships, lose all these people who find it hard to work with him. I bet you he doesn't lose sleep at night. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

9F9CAF66-F6EC-406C-ADA5-E3BEA5C5E3C6.png

79A1ECE2-EF27-44D9-B16B-836905CF54F7.png

Thanks!   That's pretty interesting that he'd put it out there like that...even though it was well known that LK hated his time at bammer.

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I don't get it, am I missing something

It’s his emoji responses to his followers.   Just what Lane does.  Never posts directly, but in response to others or retweeting. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

It’s his emoji responses to his followers.   Just what Lane does.  Never posts directly, but in response to others or retweeting. 

Gotcha, I thought it was the red Cross ad. Thanks

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif

I don't really understand his reply. I feel like I'm missing part of a joke or something

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't really understand his reply. I feel like I'm missing part of a joke or something

Look at his tweets I screenshoted above.  Kiffin is making it clear he hated working for Saban.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Look at his tweets I screenshoted above.  Kiffin is making it clear he hated working for Saban.  

Lol I see the screenshots. I'm admitting to you I'm not understanding it and I sincerely need help understanding it. I was hoping you could help me out without judging me

I don't get twitter, but here is what I gather:

Chad said: Saban might be giving you a call soon....

LK said: "sleeping emoji"

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I see the screenshots. I'm admitting to you I'm not understanding it and I sincerely need help understanding it. I was hoping you could help me out without judging me

Ah gotcha.  You were saying in your OP you admit Saban is a great hire, and Lane Kiffin (in response to those Tweets), does not agree.  His first response was agreeing that most people do not enjoy working for Saban.  The second is that Kiffin would not accept Saban’s call.  

18 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There was really no reason to add Tua in the mix any earlier. They brought him along perfectly against other SEC teams and rolling Tua out against that Auburn defense in JHS is probably the dumbest thing you can do. That’s a situation where you have an option, it was still a close game and Alabama was leaving plays on the table offensively. Down 13-0 and getting completely clamped up against UGA, there were no other options

the bama offense stunk most of the season once bama got against few reasonably competent defenses.  They should have lost to MSU and then did noting against AU and looked bad for half  game against the dawgs.....how long should it take a genius to recognize that he should be listening to his OC and playing the best QB?  

As for me, just glad that Nick stuck with Hurts for the entire AU game....:)

On 1/14/2018 at 11:00 AM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

DUDE THANK YOU. He wasn't as revered at LSU nationally like he was the moment he returned to college football from Miami for whatever reason. He's an incredible recruiter so his classes would've been great regardless but the way the media treated him upon quitting on the Dolphins really helped his whole cause. The amount of knob-schlobbing was ridiculous. And that has snowballed into where we are now.

That's not saying he isn't a good coach, he's probably top 3 in the history. But the media helped build this mystique about him once he came back to college IMO and he's built off of that narrative

Archived