2019 Recruits with Offers

Zeek

Some interesting things I noticed despite it being early:

1. We need to put some work in on Clay Webb early and often. Seems to be an Alabama lean but it would be amazing to get the #1 in the country that is a in-state player.

2. How have we not offered Mohamud Diabate? He's a 4* OLB from AUBURN and ranked 14th at the position...

3. Same with Trikweze Bridges 4* Safety out of Lannet, AL #17 at the position.

4. Another from Alabama I'd like to see us go after is Reddy Steward 4* CB from Decatur, AL.

5. Two kids I would offer from Alabama for size alone are two WDE that are both 6'6" and over 200 lbs. Daevion Davis and Jamin Graham. They could really be diamonds in the rough in the 3* range. Can't teach size.

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1. We need to put some work in on Clay Webb early and often. Seems to be an Alabama lean but it would be amazing to get the #1 in the country that is a in-state player.

We have been. He's been to AU as much as he has Bama & him & Bo Nix are close friends.

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

2. How have we not offered Mohamud Diabate? He's a 4* OLB from AUBURN and ranked 14th at the position...

The staff doesn't go by site ranking FWIW. They make their own evaluations.

Same for the rest.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We have been. He's been to AU as much as he has Bama & him & Bo Nix are close friends.

Same for the rest.

Understood, just hate losing in-state talent! Especially when they're at Auburn lol

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Some interesting things I noticed despite it being early:

3. Same with Trikweze Bridges 4* Safety out of Lannet, AL #17 at the position.

4. Another from Alabama I'd like to see us go after is Reddy Steward 4* CB from Decatur, AL.

5. Two kids I would offer from Alabama for size alone are two WDE that are both 6'6" and over 200 lbs. Daevion Davis and Jamin Graham. They could really be diamonds in the rough in the 3* range. Can't teach size.

Totally agree on all points.  

The big 3 for me this year on my official want list is...

Bo Nix - AU commit

Chris Hinton -Michigan commit

Clay Webb - uncommitted 

Sorry for the triple post but we also need to start our assault on Ga early and we have to get back to landing the big fish in Columbus and Lagrange.  That needs to be AU’s area.  Heck what am I saying we can’t even lock down Auburn/Opelika/PHC

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Sorry for the triple post but we also need to start our assault on Ga early and we have to get back to landing the big fish in Columbus and Lagrange.  That needs to be AU’s area.  Heck what am I saying we can’t even lock down Auburn/Opelika/PHC

Agreed, Georgia has an obnoxious amount of 4* this year

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Same for the rest.

You need to say that often on here.  A lot of people trash Auburn coaches because of the low number of 5* guys, but those rankings are purely opinions from reporters.  If coaches are going purely on their star rankings, then they aren’t doing their job and are lazy.  They need to go off of their own evaluations.   Our coaches do a good job of finding those underrated players.  

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

That’s my territory Coach. 

34 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

That’s my territory Coach. 

And mine, haha. Our neighbor coaches one of the high schools here. We like to get his insight when we see him. 

P.S. he spoke very high of Gatewood. ?

37 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You need to say that often on here.  A lot of people trash Auburn coaches because of the low number of 5* guys, but those rankings are purely opinions from reporters.  If coaches are going purely on their star rankings, then they aren’t doing their job and are lazy.  They need to go off of their own evaluations.   Our coaches do a good job of finding those underrated players.  

How do you know this?  I have never seen a formula or anything that compares coaching staffs and finding underrated players. 

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

How do you know this?  I have never seen a formula or anything that compares coaching staffs and finding underrated players. 

Not saying other coaches don’t.  But if you look at those that are on our two deep, a lot of those guys are 3-stars or even lower.  Thomas Daniel was not even ranked.  

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Actually that would be interesting to see and the formula isn’t hard.  All you need to do is take the 2-deep of each team and look at where they ranking as recruits.  Then you can look at how many 3-stars and below are there.  You could take it a step further and see how many made it to the NFL.  

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

Understood, just hate losing in-state talent! Especially when they're at Auburn lol

Understood but I'd say T-Will has earned some faith on his LB decisions

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Understood but I'd say T-Will has earned some faith on his LB decisions

Very much so, he has really earned his keep!

34 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not saying other coaches don’t.  But if you look at those that are on our two deep, a lot of those guys are 3-stars or even lower.  Thomas Daniel was not even ranked.  

I don’t think Daniel Thomas was either , lol

19 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Actually that would be interesting to see and the formula isn’t hard.  All you need to do is take the 2-deep of each team and look at where they ranking as recruits.  Then you can look at how many 3-stars and below are there.  You could take it a step further and see how many made it to the NFL.  

Very true.  But we do average probably more 4 stars than 80-90% of college football teams in a recruiting class I would guess.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He means his name is Daniel Thomas not Thomas Daniel. Lol

Ah!  Yeah that is what I get for trying to post right after my workout.  Funny thing is that is my man crush for 2017.  Right now I am just thankful for autocorrect or you would not even understand what I am saying.  

29 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What do you mean?

Just busting your chops for inverting the name. Always hard with two first names. It’s the smarta** in me, sorry?

Archived