(Updated Title) Bama Promotes Locksley To OC

auburnphan

Just now, around4ever said:

Oh crap!  Look for Matt Canada to be hired immediately. 

?  

Shark humper too

27 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Daboli going back to the NFL with Bills.   I couldn't live in tuscaloosa either.

4 OC’s in 14 months.

Just now, around4ever said:

Didn't he have some things to say about Saban after he got the Florida job?  

Don’t remember. I know Muschamp did

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

4 OC’s in 14 months.

Must be a really fun job.....NS let Daboll run his offense for 1/2 of one ball game.....

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Daboli going back to the NFL with Bills.   I couldn't live in tuscaloosa either.

I can relate

Hope it’s not Hugh Freeze.  But man, the timing seems right.  

Do we know if Gus and Hugh are really friends?  That could create some awkwardness.  

4 hours ago, around4ever said:

?  

Let's see.  LSU gets Ensminger and Bama gets Canada.  Maybe we could go get Mazzone.  College football is sometimes very strange.  

6 hours ago, around4ever said:

?  

This could be be a good thing, something of an IED...just wait for the explosion.

"... knows Matt Canada very well and thinks a lot of him in terms of a lot of his concepts and ideas, but he’s very strong willed and believes strongly in what he does and believes strongly that he should be able to do what he wants and sees himself as kind of a head coach/offensive coordinator. In other words, ‘don’t bother me.’”

http://gridironnow.com/ed-orgeron-known-better-hire-matt-canada/

Looking like it will be Locksley or he will be off to FSU and Saban will be dealing with another open coaching spot.  No wonder his coaching tree has so many twigs (it's a short little Bonsai I believe).

Sounds like it won't matter much who the OC is because it will be Nick's offense.

11 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

Let's see.  LSU gets Ensminger and Bama gets Canada.  Maybe we could go get Mazzone.  College football is sometimes very strange.  

We’ve already had Mazzone. 

1 minute ago, bigsixfive said:

We’ve already had Mazzone. 

And he is at AZ now ...with Sumlin.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sounds like it won't matter much who the OC is because it will be Nick's offense.

If it is Nick’s offense it could be a good thing.  We saw prior to LK an offense that resembled a Saban offense with not much imagination, but LK transformed that offense into a beast.  He developed some QBs that are not QBs. Kiffen was probably at odds with Saban on a daily basis, but in the end it was Kiffen’s offense.  Since Kiffen left, the offense has regressed.  I’m hoping Saban’s choice for OC will be more like Nick’s offense rather than a Kiffen type offense.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If it is Nick’s offense it could be a good thing.  We saw prior to LK an offense that resembled a Saban offense with not much imagination, but LK transformed that offense into a beast.  He developed some QBs that are not QBs. Kiffen was probably at odds with Saban on a daily basis, but in the end it was Kiffen’s offense.  Since Kiffen left, the offense has regressed.  I’m hoping Saban’s choice for OC will be more like Nick’s offense rather than a Kiffen type offense.

agree....Nick's offense and OCs get the grief or blame when it looks bad.  Thought it was funny that bammers blamed Kiffen and for their lackluster offense....though he did make a QB out of Hurts.  And of course there was Daboll too .....until Nick turned him loose for a half a game to bail out their team against the dawgs.  Hoping NS prevails...

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It mus be nice to "regress" to their level.

19 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This could be be a good thing, something of an IED...just wait for the explosion.

"... knows Matt Canada very well and thinks a lot of him in terms of a lot of his concepts and ideas, but he’s very strong willed and believes strongly in what he does and believes strongly that he should be able to do what he wants and sees himself as kind of a head coach/offensive coordinator. In other words, ‘don’t bother me.’”

http://gridironnow.com/ed-orgeron-known-better-hire-matt-canada/

Saban would never go along with that philosophy. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

It mus be nice to "regress" to their level.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. LOL #2 in the SEC in points, #4 in total yards, #3 in rushing yards. The horror. Also, I think it will be Arkansas old OC, Dan Enos. I know he is a WR coach at UM right now, but I am sure he would rather be an OC. Also, Matt would do very well at Bama.

Archived