(Updated Title) Bama Promotes Locksley To OC

auburnphan

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. LOL #2 in the SEC in points, #4 in total yards, #3 in rushing yards. The horror. Also, I think it will be Arkansas old OC, Dan Enos.

Considering the talent deficit of teams like Vanderbilt, OM, and a few of the teams that bama ran up the score on, not surprised by their ranking....but against teams where the defense had a pulse, their stats were not so impressive for a team made up of 4* and 5* athletes.  JMO but their offense underperformed for a good part of the season. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Considering the talent deficit of teams like Vanderbilt, OM, and a few of the teams that bama ran up the score on, not surprised by their ranking....but against teams where the defense had a pulse, their stats were not so impressive for a team made up of 4* and 5* athletes.  JMO but their offense underperformed for a good part of the season. 

Could be your opinion, but the stats say otherwise. 

Just now, DAG said:

Could be your opinion, but the stats say otherwise. 

Guess that's your opinion....that the stats are actually meaningful. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess that's your opinion....that the stats are actually meaningful. 

Things such as that are typically how professional athletes and coaches alike are gauged. That is why your opinion on NS means zilch because the stats show he is a 5x national champion. That is pretty meaningful, I would say.  

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Things such as that are typically how professional athletes and coaches alike are gauged. That is why your opinion on NS means zilch because the stats show he is a 5x national champion. That is pretty meaningful, I would say.  

You mentioned season stats....and my response was that bama's offense underperformed this year considering the talent they had.   The team was middle of the road in national offensive stats.    JMO but they wasted a lot of offensive talent the past two years.   Should have been rated much higher nationally.    

Not contesting that bama has the championships....but I think the subject was bama's need for an OC and how their OCs have worked out recently. 

Just now, AU64 said:

You mentioned season stats....and my response was that bama's offense underperformed this year considering the talent they had.   The team was middle of the road in national offensive stats.    JMO but they wasted a lot of offensive talent the past two years.   Should have been rated much higher nationally.    

Not contesting that bama has the championships....but I think the subject was bama's need for an OC and how their OCs have worked out recently. 

Maybe they did, BUT as I have shown earlier, they are still at the top of the SEC. So that shows you their standards. In your mind they have taken a step back and frankly, I bet you most Bama fans agree with you. So imagine when they get an elite OC?  

11 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Cecil Hurt is reporting that Hugh Freeze was in Tuscaloosa meeting with Saban today. 

Saban is known to give coaches new life. This would fit the narrative. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Saban is known to give coaches new life. This would fit the narrative. 

This would be a big reach....the other guys had personal or career problems but not NCAA problems.  This would be a little poke in the eye of the NCAA don't you think?  

Also, I was thinking that HG had a show cause but maybe that was just his minions.    

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This would be a big reach....the other guys had personal or career problems but not NCAA problems.  This would be a little poke in the eye of the NCAA don't you think?  

Also, I was thinking that HG had a show cause but maybe that was just his minions.    

I looked it up before posting. Apparently his show cause only applies to HC position. He also has a two game suspension as a HEAD COACH. He get a coordinator job right away. Sabear don't care. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I looked it up before posting. Apparently his show cause only applies to HC position. He also has a two game suspension as a HEAD COACH. He get a coordinator job right away. Sabear don't care. 

I think you are right....will be interesting to see how state media reacts....they would give us he** if we were to hire him but I'm guessing that bama will get a pass. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Nope he sure wouldn’t . I still think it will be Dan Enos though. Good research

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nope he sure wouldn’t . I still think it will be Dan Enos though. Good research

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/report-hugh-freeze-given-one-year-show-cause-penalty-head-coach-coordinator-immediately

Read this

To clarify earlier report on Hugh Freeze: Not a show cause, it's a one-year head coach restriction. He faces a two-game suspension if he's a head coach next season, but not if he's a coordinator or assistant coach

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think you are right....will be interesting to see how state media reacts....they would give us he** if we were to hire him but I'm guessing that bama will get a pass. 

No kidding. By national media too. Can you imagine Gus and Freeze together though? That would be fun watch if Gus turned it loose.

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah I read your original post. He wouldn’t have to worry as a coordinator. I was giving you props for actually researching the answer. That would be a pretty big get for the tide

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah I read your original post. He wouldn’t have to worry as a coordinator. I was giving you props for actually researching the answer. That would be a pretty big get for the tide

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, keesler said:

It mus be nice to "regress" to their level.

It’s all relative, just hope it continues.

Locksley announced.....just " plug and play" over there.....same offense, just needed someone to help keep practice organized and study up on the existing play book.

I say that half in jest but it's not a bad idea to have a system that is not fully dependent on a specific coordinator or assistant .....coaches come and go but as for the players, not much changes.   We might try that some time...but not sure yet there is an Auburn "system" so players are constantly learning new schemes and terminology. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Bama looking for another OC
On 1/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, AU64 said:

Locksley announced.....just " plug and play" over there.....same offense, just needed someone to help keep practice organized and study up on the existing play book.

I say that half in jest but it's not a bad idea to have a system that is not fully dependent on a specific coordinator or assistant .....coaches come and go but as for the players, not much changes.   We might try that some time...but not sure yet there is an Auburn "system" so players are constantly learning new schemes and terminology. 

Always been that way with saban. Kiffin might have changed a little but saban has his own system. 

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, AU64 said:

I think we are getting there on the offensive side and we're already there in the defensive side. IMO, an additional year of Lindsey will do wonders for our players and position coaches. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

Always been that way with saban. Kiffin might have changed a little but saban has his own system. 

VERY true.  We all (including myself) complain constantly about Gus "meddling" in the offensive scheme, game planning, play calling, adjustments, etc.  But no coach meddles more than NS, it's his system on both sides of the ball and there's no doubt who's in charge on that side line.  He doesn't hold a play sheet or a clip board, but he's damn sure in charge of the play calling and in-game adjustments on O & D.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:41 AM, keesler said:

VERY true.  We all (including myself) complain constantly about Gus "meddling" in the offensive scheme, game planning, play calling, adjustments, etc.  But no coach meddles more than NS, it's his system on both sides of the ball and there's no doubt who's in charge on that side line.  He doesn't hold a play sheet or a clip board, but he's damn sure in charge of the play calling and in-game adjustments on O & D.

Saban really doesn't meddle. He lays out his vision and expectations. He then allows his coaches to follow that vision and meet those expectations. If they don't they don't last

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Saban really doesn't meddle. He lays out his vision and expectations. He then allows his coaches to follow that vision and meet those expectations. If they don't they don't last

I'm sure you're right.  But it sure looked like he was laying out his expectations during several games this year while walking up and down the sidelines constantly in the ear of his OC/DC.  I would swear he was relaying the offensive plays to his OC on several occasions.  He kept Kiffin on a short leash for his first yr as OC, they looked attached at the hip at times and when the scheme wasn't effective, Saban stepped in and made the OC adjust. 

He may lay out his vision & expectations for success, but he is a very hands-on HC but his finger print is on that whole operation. 

Archived