Hugh Freeze

RunInRed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban would not surprise me hiring Freeze as his OC. If this happens, I hope Freeze manages to get the turds in more trouble than they could ever imagine.

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Saban would not surprise me hiring Freeze as his OC. If this happens, I hope Freeze manages to get the turds in more trouble than they could ever imagine.

Unless Emmert is stepping down as head of the ncaa I don't see Freeze getting them into any kind of trouble they wouldn't be able to slither out of.

Great move for Freeze but I would hate this. Freeze gets to use the "Diplomatic Immunity" of Bammer while his name gets cleared...

Saban just needs to hurry up and retire before the prepaid phone market gets too inflated.

I swear if he goes to Bama and we don't bang the "HE HIRES PROSTITUTES AND IS A HYPOCRITE" drum while recruiting the same targets I'm going to be pissed.

Just imagine what kind of nega-recruiting we would have to fight off if we hired Freeze.

On the other hand, does it really matter? They just won a title with freaking DABOL as OC lolol. Pretty sure Hugh Nall could call a winning offense for them right now.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I swear if he goes to Bama and we don't bang the "HE HIRES PROSTITUTES AND IS A HYPOCRITE" drum while recruiting the same targets I'm going to be pissed.

Just imagine what kind of nega-recruiting we would have to fight off if we hired Freeze.

Even worse... he's Gus's buddy. 

Edit: Meaning, Gus probably won't allow the negative talk.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Even worse... he's Gus's buddy. 

Edit: Meaning, Gus probably won't allow the negative talk.

What's even worse is that Freeze will march right into a kids living room and tell them how if they went to play for Gus they wouldn't be prepared for the NFL per Saban's orders

But we won't point out how the guy telling the family this regularly hired prostitutes and then acted as if he was a godly man in public killing any and all trust-worthy characteristics about the guy  :slapfh:

They're running a freak Rehab Center for wayward coaches over there.

This is a huge black eye on their program, why take on this guy when they don't have to?  The stuff HF allowed to happen right under his nose in his own program, and his stupidity for carelessly using a company phone to call hookers is a serious character flaw IMO.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What's even worse is that Freeze will march right into a kids living room and tell them how if they went to play for Gus they wouldn't be prepared for the NFL per Saban's orders

But we won't point out how the guy telling the family this regularly hired prostitutes and then acted as if he was a godly man in public killing any and all trust-worthy characteristics about the guy  :slapfh:

The NCAA is completely impotent if they didn't ban him from recruiting as part of his sanctions.  WTH does it teach a former HC who watched that Booster/Recruit/Player scheme unfold right before his eyes if he can jump right back on the recruiting trail with a different colored shirt with another team's logo on the pocket?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

The NCAA is completely impotent if they didn't ban him from recruiting as part of his sanctions.  WTH does it teach a former HC who watched that Booster/Recruit/Player scheme unfold right before his eyes if he can jump right back on the recruiting trail with a different colored shirt with another team's logo on the pocket?

It's like attorney/client privilege. 

You work for Saban, you get that same warm blanket of protection that his blackmail material on Emmert provides.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Good point. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't take away his ability to recruit though. IMO this hire would be 100x worse than Sarkisian

7 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I read Saban is considering Freeze for an analyst position, not OC.  Like Sark.

wde

Well, that's a big difference then.

I've just had no use for Freeze once the NCAA allegations came out in detail.  Many folks on here were behind him, and blamed vehemently blamed Bama and Saban for turning him in to the NCAA because he beat them twice.

Why in the world would the man take a position on the staff of the very man that blew the whistle on him? Ole Miss was Hugh's dream job, why would he work, and plan and scheme to help the man that ultimately ruined his dream job?

12 minutes ago, keesler said:

I've just had no use for Freeze once the NCAA allegations came out in detail.  Many folks on here were behind him, and blamed vehemently blamed Bama and Saban for turning him in to the NCAA because he beat them twice.

Why in the world would the man take a position on the staff of the very man that blew the whistle on him? Ole Miss was Hugh's dream job, why would he work, and plan and scheme to help the man that ultimately ruined his dream job?

I just had a thought..........Maybe Freeze goes to bammer and does his dead level best to make them lose and get into NCAA trouble as pay back for costing him his dream job!  I like Cam Cameron as the turds next OC!

Can't wait for a Finebaum caller to say:

Saban wants to bring Freeze on staff and hand the reigns to him when NS retires because he holds him in such high regard for beating him twice. 

Read that in a cigarette stenched, toothless-induced lisp for full effect.

34 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Can't wait for a Finebaum caller to say:

Saban wants to bring Freeze on staff and hand the reigns to him when NS retires because he holds him in such high regard for beating him twice. 

Read that in a cigarette stenched, toothless-induced lisp for full effect.

Does the toothless wonder know the word "regard"?  That might be challengething.  :Sing: Someone with skills better than I can impose the right faces here.  I got a mental picture of something "freezing over."

Related image 

10 hours ago, keesler said:

$$$$$$

17 hours ago, keesler said:

If Freeze is hired at bama in whatever capacity let's remember who is still running the ncaa.

18 hours ago, keesler said:

Because he wants to redeem his career. And he may want to learn how to cheat and not get caught. You underestimate Freeze's ambition. He's a risk taker and he's going into the lion's den as a necessity. Saban wants Freeze there so he can demand that Hugh keep what he knows about Saban's recruiting all to himself as part of the career revival deal. It's a win-win for both of them.

keesler of course the nickster turned in Ole Miss because Freeze was out-coaching and out-recruiting him, and it was showing on the field. The point that made people upset was the hypocrisy of bammer pointing a finger at anyone else. It's absolutely sickening.

The failings of Hugh Freeze in his personal life is a separate issue from the recruiting violations. I don't think anyone excused that behavior or blamed anyone but Hugh Freeze for it. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The failings of Hugh Freeze in his personal life is a separate issue from the recruiting violations. I don't think anyone excused that behavior or blamed anyone but Hugh Freeze for it. 

Agreed in part, but I think you hit the nail on the head earlier. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You underestimate Freeze's ambition. He's a risk taker. 

This is Freeze in a nutshell to me. Ambitious and willing to take bug risks to fuel that ambition. 

The personal problems come from the same vein, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This is Freeze in a nutshell to me. Ambitious and willing to take bug risks to fuel that ambition. 

They absolutely do. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Agreed. I don't think folks always realize what kind of single-mindedness it takes for most of these guys to succeed at the level they do. And most of them aren't quite the pillars of morality that we sometimes hold them up to be. Even Gus wanted to sign Jonathan Taylor until the Ray Rice stuff happened. These guys want to win more than the average joe wants anything. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. I don't think folks always realize what kind of single-mindedness it takes for most of these guys to succeed at the level they do. And most of them aren't quite the pillars of morality that we sometimes hold them up to be. Even Gus wanted to sign Jonathan Taylor until the Ray Rice stuff happened. These guys want to win more than the average joe wants anything. 

It's the same way I view members of Congress. Most of these guys are talented, but none of them would have gotten here without unrelenting ambition. It shouldn't surprise any of us to find out what goes in behind closed doors, but damn if they don't sell themselves in a way that has us believing something else. 

Marcus Aurelius hired a servant to walk behind him and every time a citizen or follower would bow or praise him, the servant would whisper in Aurelius' ear, "You're just a man, you're just a man." 

Archived