Herb Hand to Texas

Auhud08

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Is this a good thing?

I don't know how it can be a bad thing. Hand seems like a great guy, but he hasn't had a top performing O-Line since long before he came to AU, if ever. Our line has regressed since Grimes left, while our level of talent has not.

Maybe Gus did pull a Rhett with Hand and find him a new home when it wasn't working out.

Just now, thaitopher said:

In the long term, absolutely even if it means missing out on Gourraige. 

That’s my thinking as well. You just never know, the new one could be worse.

There's a handful of threads talking about how bad he is and wishing Gus would cut ties so..... :byebye:

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gouraige, Barnes, etc.

If you believe 247, Horton and Garner are recruiting Gouraige and Horton is primary on Barnes. Maybe Hand would make a different, maybe not.  Care to chime in @ellitor?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

If you believe 247, Horton and Garner are recruiting Gouraige and Horton is primary on Barnes. Maybe Hand would make a different, maybe not.

We were already trending the wrong way for both Gourraige and Barnes anyways. Doubt we would have landed them even with HH, which means we aren't left with the ugly girlfriend. Time to move on from HH. Seems like a good guy, but clearly our biggest weakness the last couple of seasons was on the offensive line. 

I think the change needed to be made...unfortunately.

Hope Gus goes after a really good one. It all starts and ends up front. 

Remember how Penn State fans laughed at us when we hired him? Now we finally get to see what the other side of that feels like

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Was he in charge of the OL when the snapshots went viral of the 2 UF OL's blocking each other?

Archived