Herb Hand to Texas

Auhud08

I mentioned it to some on Twitter but I really hope that Stacy Searels is a target. He seems to be a good coach and recruiter. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I mentioned it to some on Twitter but I really hope that Stacy Searels is a target. He seems to be a good coach and recruiter. 

This would be ideal!

IDK but I’m expecting a comfort hire here. Former player or GA? Ryan Pugh, Jeff Grimes, or someone like that? Grimes was the OL coach here during Chizik era but is an OC now at BYU so idk if he would revert back.

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Was he in charge of the OL when the snapshots went viral of the 2 UF OL's blocking each other?

I dont believe so, he was only their last year. 

Without getting into the specifics of his performance- I'll leave that to more knowledgeable folks- there has been a lot of talk lately that Gus and Herb were inseparable, and that made me nervous. *IF* CHH was a problem, the talk has been that he was going to be a problem as long as Gus is here. Very happy we don't have that looming over us all offseason.

Good luck, Coach. Enjoy the bbq down there. Thanks for representing Auburn with class. 

Wow. Just got the notification and was like WHAT! So who do we go after Ladies and Gentlemen? I'm not familiar with OL coaches that we realistically could get. I guess the bad part about this is that the new OL coach will probably have a lot of work to do to fill spots that we really need. 

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If you believe 247, Horton and Garner are recruiting Gouraige and Horton is primary on Barnes. Maybe Hand would make a different, maybe not.  Care to chime in @ellitor?

Hand was the lead recruiter for both & why we were leading w/ Gouraige til today. OL recruiting is a total mess right now...And I chimed in on the recruiting forum.

Best of luck to him!  I liked him as a person and he did well shuffling the line this past year when injuries occurred.  Seeing who Malzahn has hired in assistant coaches I have full faith he will get the right man for the job.

Where is Stacey Searls these days?  An Auburn man with a lot of experience coaching the OL.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Where is Stacey Searls these days?  An Auburn man with a lot of experience coaching the OL.

Miami

I don't know if HH was the problem. He left on his own accord so it don't matter now. Here's to hoping we nail the next hire in a recruiter and developer of bulldozers.. No idea who that should be. Searles is the only one that comes to mind. Grimes and Grimes both had success here too. 

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't know if HH was the problem. He left on his own accord so it don't matter now. Here's to hoping we nail the next hire in a recruiter and developer of bulldozers.. No idea who that should be. Searles is the only one that comes to mind. Grimes and Grimes both had success here too. 

I would love to get Searls away from Miami. He was Richt's OL coach for a long time and had some really good O-lines. Whoever Gus goes after, I hope he can coach lights out and recruit even better!

Really hope that they didn't make this decision without a few people in mind already. We need to make a swift decision...For recruiting sake.

Archived