Herb Hand to Texas

Auhud08

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don't know if HH was the problem. He left on his own accord so it don't matter now. Here's to hoping we nail the next hire in a recruiter and developer of bulldozers.. No idea who that should be. Searles is the only one that comes to mind. Grimes and Grimes both had success here too. 

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Really hope that they didn't make this decision without a few people in mind already. We need to make a swift decision...For recruiting sake.

????

Like I said before, the  boosters were not going to  sign off on Gus's new contract with Gus having to agree to a  few demands.  Now, does Kodi stay?

13 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Where is Stacey Searls these days?  An Auburn man with a lot of experience coaching the OL.

tenor.gif?itemid=9622902

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

????

Well I just assumed he got fired...Maybe this IS really Rhett all over again.

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

Like I said before, the  boosters were not going to  sign off on Gus's new contract with Gus having to agree to a  few demands.  Now, does Kodi stay?

Why wouldn’t Kodi stay?

2 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Kodi is here as long as Chip is here.

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Why wouldn’t Kodi stay?

Recruiting he's been en fuego but coaching he leaves much to be desired. We got A1 talent at WR and we need better coaching there. Better route trees ya know...

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Why wouldn’t Kodi stay?

because some are stuck on his WRs struggling a lot his first year & early recruiting struggles. He's had help but his recruiting has improved.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Well I just assumed he got fired...Maybe this IS really Rhett all over again.

Well I certainly don't know, but

in my case that's not unusual.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9622902

Just watched that movie 2 days ago! Not as good as the original though.

Receivers were slow to develop or did they just come into their  own?  Also,  according to  our recruiting forum Kodi had to  be pulled off the recruiting trail last year for  putting his  foot in his mouth.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Recruiting he's been en fuego but coaching he leaves much to be desired. We got A1 talent at WR and we need better coaching there. Better route trees ya know...

He's been better than D.Craig was at coaching. The WR group as a whole improved this year.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Just watched that movie 2 days ago! Not as good as the original though.

There's another Angels In The Outfield movie?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

because some are stuck on his WRs struggling a lot his first year & early recruiting struggles. He's had help but his recruiting has improved.

why did I even bother to respond.  You answered it.

Now it's all dependent on who replaces him...come on Gus you can do this...Yes.gif

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Why would you quote that dodo bird? :ucrazy:

Does anybody have any insight as to why Gus would possibly go after the dude at Missouri?

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

-Looks to be early to mid 30s- old enough to know what he's doing, young enough to be the relatable guy 
-Started coaching immediately out of college, so more years in the profession than maybe some other guys his age
-Went to high school in Memphis- might make a nice recruiting tag team with Woodson
-Looks to have primarily coached for run-first offenses
-Has award-winning caliber players on his coaching resume, including a Rimington finalist (we're going to be starting a new center)

I'm on board. 

Just make sure we get the right guy.  If he's an upcomer that's cool.  If he's an old guy that's cool to.  This is an important hire and should be weighed about as much as you would an OC or DC.  

Archived