2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I got married on Long Boat Key. 

That’s funny and ironic giving it’s on long boat. 

#motionintheocean bros

On 1/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, augolf1716 said:

Great name @WarGolfEagle welcome to AUF

On 1/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, WarGolfEagle said:

Thank you, much appreciated! Yours as well.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:37 AM, ellitor said:

Ohhh No! There's 2 of them now?! Welp there goes the forums.

<shudders>

• Love 2
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Getting Calvin Ashley back on campus and working would be kind of like getting a big recruit...

Key word but your correct if it happens

31 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Key word but your correct if it happens

After next year both Tackles and both guards graduate. Brahms returns at center and I have faith that Troxell can play one of the tackle spots. If Calvin can come back and work hard even if he switches to guard and can earn some significant PT then the team will have a little less of a rebuilding issue on O-Line in 2020. If not some of the younger players this year will need to show that they will be capable as playing as SEC linemen during the season this year. 

Of the current younger players Hamm, Stutts, Troxell, Ashley, and Sammons have the height to be OT's so at least 3 from that group will need to become SEC OT's by 2020

• Like 1

Don't count on Ashley until it happens, such a long shot anyway and he has an awful long way to go to just get any playing time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, auskull said:

Don't count on Ashley until it happens, such a long shot anyway and he has an awful long way to go to just get any playing time.

I don't think anybody's counting on it. But word is he's coming back and there's no denying that he came out of high school as our best OL prospect since forever. He's got a kid now. Sometimes it's just a matter of motivation. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 1:20 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

f Calvin can come back and work hard even if he switches to guard and can earn some significant PT then the team will have a little less of a rebuilding issue on O-Line in 2020

Been told FWIW the safe play is to have low expectations for CA even if he does come back.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:20 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

If not some of the younger players this year will need to show that they will be capable as playing as SEC linemen during the season this year. 

Of the current younger players Hamm, Stutts, Troxell, Ashley, and Sammons have the height to be OT's so at least 3 from that group will need to become SEC OT's by 2020

Or land 1-2 undegrad transfers that sit out 2019 & be ready to go in 2020 a la Darius James & Austin Golson from previous years. This is what I expect to happen now FWIW.

• Like 1

The issue of OL recruiting isn't an issue for next year, It's about 2020 & 21.  Next year's line will be what it is. It will, or should, be an improvement over last year's. However, in 2020 we are beyond in trouble and have not remotely recruited or developed at the rate necessary to sustain any success. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The issue of OL recruiting isn't an issue for next year, It's about 2020.  Next year's line will be what it is. It will, or should be, an improvement over last year's. However, in 2020 we are beyond in trouble and have not remotely recruited or developed at the rate necessary to sustain any success. 

I'll go ahead & post Mikey's rebutt...

tenor.gif?itemid=8130545

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'll go ahead & post Mikey's rebutt...

tenor.gif?itemid=8130545

Gymnastics, head in the sand, sunshine, failure... the only way this could be more perfect is if the guy sang "Here I come to save the day" on the run-up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Gymnastics, head in the sand, sunshine, failure... the only way this could be more perfect is if the guy sang "Here I come to save the day" on the run-up. 

Edited by ellitor
Embedded link
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The issue of OL recruiting isn't an issue for next year, It's about 2020 & 21.  Next year's line will be what it is. It will, or should, be an improvement over last year's. However, in 2020 we are beyond in trouble and have not remotely recruited or developed at the rate necessary to sustain any success. 

BUT WE HAVE WARM BODIES BIRD! QUALITY DEPTH. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Been told FWIW the safe play is to have low expectations for CA even if he does come back.

Or land 1-2 undegrad transfers that sit out 2019 & be ready to go in 2020 a la Darius James & Austin Golson from previous years. This is what I expect to happen now FWIW.

Any idea who may be on our radar for the 1-2 undergrad transfer?

3 hours ago, shabby said:

Any idea who may be on our radar for the 1-2 undergrad transfer?

Nope. Like the Grad Transfer market, there are 4 months left in it.

Edited by ellitor

• 4 weeks later...

can Kendall Simmons be actively involved with recruiting of OL recruits? Did not know if his position allows him to actively recruit.

15 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

can Kendall Simmons be actively involved with recruiting of OL recruits? Did not know if his position allows him to actively recruit.

More like can we sneak Kendall into a uniform and get him into a game. That's what we need. God help us. 

• Haha 1