2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

If we ever win the SEC, play for a natty, and play for the SEC title in a season I will consider that our most successful season ever. I'll look in the mirror and celebrate my ass off, lol.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, auol72 said:

you miss the part about the last five years?

Which part?

3 hours ago, auol72 said:

when you are so down on a coach that winning the sec and playing for natty and playing for another sec title doesnt seem like a good season to you then you need to look in the mirror and think about what you are saying. With the schedule we have in 2019 it could very well be a long season but ridiculous comments like this reveal your true color. Get over the hate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auol72 said:

when you are so down on a coach that winning the sec and playing for natty and playing for another sec title doesnt seem like a good season to you then you need to look in the mirror and think about what you are saying. With the schedule we have in 2019 it could very well be a long season but ridiculous comments like this reveal your true color. Get over the hate.

Out of likes, but thanks for posting this.

3 hours ago, fredst said:

If we ever win the SEC, play for a natty, and play for the SEC title in a season I will consider that our most successful season ever. I'll look in the mirror and celebrate my ass off, lol.

2010 and 2013 come immediately to mind. Yes, we did do all three of those things both of those years.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

2010 and 2013 come immediately to mind. Yes, we did do all three of those things both of those years.

The Golden Age of Auburn Football for sure!

It's hard for some (me) to still live off the accomplishments of 5-10 yrs ago when you sit back and measure Auburn's current trajectory.  When you watch programs propel themselves (Clemson) with the likes of Dabo Swinney :puke:  While others (Ed Orgergon/Joe Moorhead/Jeremy Pruitt) get the best of our high dollar HC who's in the 6th yr of his program.

MANY feel Auburn could simply do better than averaging 3-4 losses a year.

Edited by keesler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

MANY feel Auburn could simply do better than averaging 3-4 losses a year.

I'm one of those people. Unfortunately, Gus averages 4.5 losses a year. And that includes his one truly impressive season that happened, as you point out, 6 years ago. 

Losses by season: 2, 5, 6, 5, 4, 5. Congrats to all 4 or 5 people on this site who are satisfied with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was being sarcastic since I think, by definition, if you win the SEC you play for the SEC title. Not sure if you were being obtuse or if your overwhelming need to be a jerk all of the time just got the best of you. I'm well aware of Auburn's recent football past. Have a nice NSD!

Five years ago was a long time ago, but to each his own I guess. 

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was being sarcastic since I think, by definition, if you win the SEC you play for the SEC title. Not sure if you were being obtuse or if your overwhelming need to be a jerk all of the time just got the best of you. I'm well aware of Auburn's recent football past. Have a nice NSD!

I'm going for BOTH of the above relative old Mikey.

Some folks (I'm guessing the older bunch) on here have a way of glossing over a whole hell of a lot with this current football team.  I'd think their years are running short and they'd want to witness more AU greatness, but it's like they're just grateful for the '10/'13 yrs and they're satisfied with the status quo.  Even if the current status seems to remain mediocre.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Five years ago was a long time ago, but to each his own I guess. 

And the ending left a bad taste in my mouth.  😛

Since then, there's been one "blip" on the radar (2017) and it ended badly as well. 😣

Just now, keesler said:

I'm going for BOTH of the above relative old Mikey.

Some folks (I'm guessing the older bunch) on here have a way of glossing over a whole hell of a lot with this current football team.  I'd think their years are running short and they'd want to witness more AU greatness, but it's like they're just grateful for the '10/'13 yrs and they're satisfied with the status quo.  Even if the current status seems to remain mediocre.

I’m grateful as heck for both years because I had begun to wonder if we would ever reach those heights in my lifetime. The high level recruiting we started under Chiz made me hopeful that we were about to have a run of sustained success. It’s made the continued average-to-good pattern all the more frustrating. It hasn’t lessened my love for Auburn but it sure tests one’s patience. I’m still hoping (?against hope) that Gus can get over the hump as HC since it looks like he’s our guy for now.

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

I responded to your overwhelming need to post something that reflects negatively on the AU coaching staff. NSD has been great so far. We've acquired some fine players and learned that we dodged a bullet with the slimeball choosing to go elsewhere.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

WE HAVE DEPTH!!!

I mean why else would Gus feel the need to have to sign the largest OL class of his tenure or the need for them to be instant impact players.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I mean why else would Gus feel the need to have to sign the largest OL class of his tenure or the need for them to be instant impact players.

Because some of the players we have now will graduate, thus making room for more to come in.

Edited by Mikey

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

WE HAVE DEPTH!!!

Shame on you,Bird, for feeling the need to post something that even hints at the coaches performance being less than stellar. You should try burying your head in your a** and not acknowledging the shortcomings. That makes you a better and “true” Auburn fan. WDE!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I responded to your overwhelming need to post something that reflects negatively on the AU coaching staff. NSD has been great so far. We've acquired some fine players and learned that we dodged a bullet with the slimeball choosing to go elsewhere.

So, I’ll go with “need to be a jerk all of the time” over “obtuse”. Thanks for clarifying. War Eagle!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because some of the players we have now will graduate, thus making room for more to come in.

Well., That's why you build depth a couple years out. We have failed to build any depth on the OL in the last 4-5 classes. If we had built the necessary depth, then we wouldn't need to sign the largest OL class of his tenure next year.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

You should try burying your head in your a** and not acknowledging the shortcomings. That makes you a better and “true” Auburn fan. WDE!

Mikey, the "truest" Auburn fan I know

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mikey, the "truest" Auburn fan I know

What's not to like about that? Thanks for the compliment.

He says he wants to get elite, instant-impact guys in 2020.

Then hire a damn OL coach that can reel them in after guys like T-Will & Garner lay the groundwork for Ws. :banghead:

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

What is Calvin Ashley's situation??? Is he still around???

Yes but odds seem long he fulfills his potential.

on a side note, looks like Hand over at Texas signed only 3 OL. but not sure about their current situation as to availability and needs. nonetheless not stellar.