2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

DLs have also been learning the OL position their entire careers just by competing with them on every play. After OLs, nobody knows more about blocking than DLs. 

Most DBs are also former WRs and quarterbacks. A lot of RB/LBs out there. 

Makes sense. 

They're also typically a lot more athletic and nastier than groomed OL.

• Like 1

We need a better OL then what Grimes coach has shown us. 5 OL signees in 2 years.  Most teams who's thin on the offensive line will go out and work like crazy to sign 5 or 6 OL every year.

Edited by auburn4ever

On 2/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, SumterAubie said:

How close is Simmons to taking over? Or is he even being groomed to take over? Or is that just a pipe dream?

Simmons is about to be entering the transfer portal. So I'm told. 

7 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Players not liking Grimes coaching style or we trying to weed out folks that are not contributing?

Sammons could be ready to move on his own. He's progressed little while at AU. I think CA needs different scenery & maybe some toughening up.

Looks like you can strike Sammons from that list. I do not see how we cannot look for a transfer who would sit and a GT next spring unless we think we can sign in the 2020 class one of those rare guys who can play OT as a true freshman. Heaven forbid  anyone gets hurt.

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

Looks like you can strike Sammons from that list. I do not see how we cannot look for a transfer who would sit and a GT next spring unless we think we can sign in the 2020 class one of those rare guys who can play OT as a true freshman. Heaven forbid  anyone gets hurt.

Better late to the party than never.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, gravejd said:

Players not liking Grimes coaching style or we trying to weed out folks that are not contributing?

Grimes is really ruining our entire program from the inside out.

Dude repels both recruits AND current players on the roster.

The level at which he sucks at his job, while still being the 4th highest paid in the country for his position, is actually impressive at this point.

• Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

Grimes is really ruining our entire program from the inside out.

Dude repels both recruits AND current players on the roster.

The level at which he sucks at his job, while still being the 4th highest paid in the country for his position, is actually impressive at this point.

CA showed up overweight and Herb Hand questioned his toughness before Grimes ever showed up. The book on Sammoms was that he was going to be a project when coming out of high school. I don’t see how Grimes is ruining the program? If a player can’t cut the mustard, then so be it. Not every recruit will. Rodney Garner is a hell of a coach and recruiter and Byron Cowart was possible the highest rated recruit we have ever gotten and he washed out so do we rail coach RG? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

CA showed up overweight and Herb Hand questioned his toughness before Grimes ever showed up. The book on Sammoms was that he was going to be a project when coming out of high school. I don’t see how Grimes is ruining the program? If a player can’t cut the mustard, then so be it. Not every recruit will. Rodney Garner is a hell of a coach and recruiter and Byron Cowart was possible the highest rated recruit we have ever gotten and he washed out so do we rail coach RG? 

Let's see who had the better line last year? Also who has recruited better? So sure we can rail Rg the same as Grimes 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

plus Grimes is not anywhere near a top paid OL coach ...last I saw was in the same range as our other assistants....and see he is way down the list among Div 1  coaches in terms of salary.   .Makes a lot of money by real world standards but not by college standards  FWIW

• Like 1

19 hours ago, auol72 said:

I didn't expect anything from Sammons. He'd been here too long and hadn't shown a spark or received a public compliment from the coaching staff in all that time. When worrying about the 2020 season, we're looking 19 months ahead at a fluid situation. A lot can and will change before then.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't expect anything from Sammons. He'd been here too long and hadn't shown a spark or received a public compliment from the coaching staff in all that time. When worrying about the 2020 season, we're looking 19 months ahead at a fluid situation. A lot can and will change before then.

That's weird since you've recently and repeatedly been counting  him as one of our OL reserves who can be depended upon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's weird since you've recently and repeatedly been counting  him as one of our OL reserves who can be depended upon. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sheesh