2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Speaking solely on Richt's time at UGA what are you saying was his downfall? It wasn't talent aquasition. Kirby had done a better job at recruiting than Richt did but UGA still had real good talent as they were bringing in top 5-8 classes on a yearly basis.

From day 1 he focused on the line, particularly O-line and getting the correct ones.  UGA always had talent,especially skill positions,  but they have never had O lineman like they do now.  This is similar to Bama, the reason they could win with game managers as QB.  

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think lala might specifically be referring to beef on the OL. I seem to remember uga OLs immediately getting bigger after his arrival. I could be wrong, though. 

Correct, they are NFL size now.       That is how they are passing us by

1 hour ago, lala said:

Correct, they are NFL size now.       That is how they are passing us by

FWIW as @auburnphan has pointed out many times. we are getting guys who are already big haus's too. Our problem is we have to turn their bad weight into muscle. Bama & UGA are getting guys who don't have much bad weight to get rid of. Plus they'll take a guy a bit undersized to build up instead of us landing some guys that have to scale down.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW as @auburnphan has pointed out many times. we are getting guys who are already big haus's too. Our problem is we have to turn their bad weight into muscle. Bama & UGA are getting guys who don't have much bad weight to get rid of. Plus they'll take a guy a bit undersized to build up instead of us landing some guys that have to scale down.

That center we recruited last yr, Trey Hill is what I am referencing as he has a body type ready to go.   He just needs more maturing.   Trey Would have been our starter day 1

did u see their RFr right tackle last night, my goodness 

• Like 1

Well, UGA may have some talent, but they were getting their asses handed to them all night from a so-so Texas defensive line. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, UGA may have some talent, but they were getting their asses handed to them all night from a so-so Texas defensive line. 

Makes you wonder why are world beater DL couldn't.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lala said:

That center we recruited last yr, Trey Hill is what I am referencing as he has a body type ready to go.   He just needs more maturing.   Trey Would have been our starter day 1

did u see their RFr right tackle last night, my goodness 

UAT/UGA and probably several other programs have the luxury of recruiting to a specific body type.  When you can ultimately cherry pick your own talent rich state (UGA) or pick from the entire nation (UAT), you can be very selective and pull the cream of the crop from the HS level.  You don't have to rely so much on grad transfers and Juco's to fill gaps on your lines (AU.)

They select from a specific size/weight/height/wing span, etc. and then they narrow it down to football IQ, knowledge of the position, coachability, with "character" being the last on the list of criteria to fit their prototypical specimen at every position.  Smart learned from daddy and he's implementing it at uga.

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

And our top shelf DL didn't make a dent in that uga oline.  :banghead:

5 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I would not put any stock in that game or performance. The SECCG loser seems to at times not care & lay an egg in their bowl game if they don't make the playoffs. See us last year vs University of Conceded Fools.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ellitor said:

I would not put any stock in that game or performance. The SECCG loser seems to always not care & lay an egg in their bowl game if they don't make the playoffs. See us last year vs University of Conceded Fools.

Yup. I remember when we made fun of bama for dropping a bowl game after they were out of the natty hunt, but it seems that happens to somebody every year. It's only natural.

The fun thing about uga, though, is all the whining they did- from coach to players to fans- about deserving to be in the playoffs. 

38 minutes ago, lala said:

Yup! Perfect example of us not casting a true wide enough Plan Bs if we miss on our Plan As.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The fun thing about uga, though, is all the whining they did- from coach to players to fans- about deserving to be in the playoffs. 

Yeah. It's sad when teams bitch & complain but don't man up when given the opportunity to prove themselves.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would not put any stock in that game or performance. The SECCG loser seems to always not care & lay an egg in their bowl game if they don't make the playoffs. See us last year vs University of Conceded Fools.

I actually agree with that. UGA's main problem was they were bitterly disappointed to be in the Sugar Bowl.  Bevo trying to gore UGA before the game sorta set the tone, lol.

• Love 2

14 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Bevo trying to gore UGA before the game sorta set the tone, lol.

For anyone who may have missed it. Also this is what happens when anyone tries to get one of @augolf1716's PBRs...

bevo.gif

• Thanks 1

I just noticed a woman just missed by inches getting gored right through her skull. HOLY  CRAP!

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For anyone who may have missed it. Also this is what happens when anyone tries to get one of @augolf1716's PBRs...

bevo.gif

I can't wait to respond with this every time one of those dorks posts the Robert Baker pic. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I just noticed a woman just missed by inches getting gored right through here skull. HOLY  CRAP!

Yeah, the Spur guy who grabbed Bevo's left horn while simultaneously kicking the woman in black out of the way may have saved 2 people some serious injuries. Funny now, but damn...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, keesler said:

UAT/UGA and probably several other programs have the luxury of recruiting to a specific body type.  When you can ultimately cherry pick your own talent rich state (UGA) or pick from the entire nation (UAT), you can be very selective and pull the cream of the crop from the HS level.  You don't have to rely so much on grad transfers and Juco's to fill gaps on your lines (AU.)

They select from a specific size/weight/height/wing span, etc. and then they narrow it down to football IQ, knowledge of the position, coachability, with "character" being the last on the list of criteria to fit their prototypical specimen at every position.  Smart learned from daddy and he's implementing it at uga.

No reason we cannot.   It has as much to do with Pittman than it being UGA.   That RT is not from Ga, neither is Webb

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lala said:

No reason we cannot.   It has as much to do with Pittman than it being UGA.   That RT is not from Ga, neither is Webb

Agreed. We're reasonably competitive with those schools at every other position on the field.

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. It's sad when teams bitch & complain but don't man up when given the opportunity to prove themselves.

Yeah, I totally expected Georgia to come out pissed off and trying to make a statement.    Did not expect what they put out on the field.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

bevo.gif

I guess since I'm in the cattle business I know these things. But what fool doesn't know that cattle do not like dogs around them. I would have thought the Texas guy's would have told them to get that dog out there. But I'm impressed that they kept things under control, it could have been real ugly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

I guess since I'm in the cattle business I know these things. But what fool doesn't know that cattle do not like dogs around them. I would have thought the Texas guy's would have told them to get that dog out there. But I'm impressed that they kept things under control, it could have been real ugly.

I was raised on a farm with tons of cattle, not longhorns, but the bulls had some big ass horns.....this has got to be one of the dumbest ass things I've ever seen

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I just noticed a woman just missed by inches getting gored right through her skull. HOLY  CRAP!

She ducked just in the nick of time.