Null



ellitor

2019 O Line Recruiting

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It looks like your scenario is where things are heading. My concern with Grimes is that no one professes him to be a great recruiter. I’m ready to hire a coach who is described as a relentless and tireless recruiter. We have some of those, but the staffs at UAT and now UGA seem to have more. If we are going to keep up, we need a more tenacious closer than JG. 

Really hard to find on the OL. Not many of those exist. Our best chance while JB is here is he find who he likes & we send guys like Porter & Horton after them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

I like the way you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

Even if he did he would be a Project. Potential is nice but potential without experience is a project. That said for the future it could be very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikey said:

No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

Don't think Rodney would let him go that fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I thought David Carr would be a force for us on the OL. Is there any chance of him working his way up to significant playing time?

You mean Tyler Carr?...There has been no buzz on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You mean Tyler Carr?...There has been no buzz on him.

JB Grimes really liked him I remember. So did Bama. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Yeah, him too. By the way, E, thanks for the info.

:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

JB Grimes really liked him I remember. So did Bama. 

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr they both should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

Edited by milehighfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, milehighfan said:

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.  I hope we snag another lineman, but I'm excited to see Grimes unleash the offensive line's full potential. Herb never could seem to figure out his line configurations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.  I hope we snag another lineman, but I'm excited to see Grimes unleash the offensive line's full potential. Herb never could seem to figure out his line configurations.

But he could probably teach all of them their way around the kitchen.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a JUCO OL pops up on radar besides Anderson, could we still sign them?  Maybe, we get a surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If a JUCO OL pops up on radar besides Anderson, could we still sign them?  Maybe, we get a surprise!

Yes but there are very few available that have not already signed. Plus any left at this point would be a stretch for SEC ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ellitor said:

Yes but there are very few available that have not already signed. Plus any left at this point would be a stretch for SEC ball.

better save your scholarship for the real deal in 2019.  Are there any remote possibilities of a flip surprise?

Do you like our chances with Caleb Johnson?  From what I am reading, he has a lot of upside.  If by chance we luck out and get him and Langham, this would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr they both should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

More than one man's opinion.

Grimes recruited half the OLs on the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

More than one man's opinion.

Grimes recruited half the OLs on the roster. 

Thats great to hear. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Thats great to hear. Thanks for the info.

Horton, Harrell, Kim, Carr and Sharp are all Grimes guys. We were pretty excited about that class at the time and Harrell and Horton have made good for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are there any remote possibilities of a flip surprise?

No clue. I think we add a transfer or 2. I don't have any names other than Anderson.

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do you like our chances with Caleb Johnson? 

Not sure. Depends on if we get Langham. I'm not sure we would take both even though I would prefer we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

More than one man's opinion.

Grimes recruited half the OLs on the roster. 

And Braden Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.

How does Kim flopping suggest anything about Hand? If anything the much more realistic scenario is that Grimes made the error in judgement, considering that he's the one who recruited and signed the kid who can't get on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbird said:

And Braden Smith

To be fair, Grimes thought Braden was going to be an OT for a good while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, metafour said:

How does Kim flopping suggest anything about Hand? If anything the much more realistic scenario is that Grimes made the error in judgement, considering that he's the one who recruited and signed the kid who can't get on the field.

leading the SEC is sacks allowed, the constant shuffling of lineman, inability to field THE starting line prior to the first few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No clue. I think we add a transfer or 2. I don't have any names other than Anderson.

Not sure. Depends on if we get Langham. I'm not sure we would take both even though I would prefer we do.

It would make sense to nab both if possible. Too much good talent to pass on. Lets hope and see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...