2019 O Line Recruiting

ellitor

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It looks like your scenario is where things are heading. My concern with Grimes is that no one professes him to be a great recruiter. I’m ready to hire a coach who is described as a relentless and tireless recruiter. We have some of those, but the staffs at UAT and now UGA seem to have more. If we are going to keep up, we need a more tenacious closer than JG. 

Really hard to find on the OL. Not many of those exist. Our best chance while JB is here is he find who he likes & we send guys like Porter & Horton after them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

I like the way you think.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

No chance that Langham, should we get him, moves to OL about his first day here?

Even if he did he would be a Project. Potential is nice but potential without experience is a project. That said for the future it could be very good.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't think Rodney would let him go that fast.

7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I thought David Carr would be a force for us on the OL. Is there any chance of him working his way up to significant playing time?

You mean Tyler Carr?...There has been no buzz on him.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

You mean Tyler Carr?...There has been no buzz on him.

JB Grimes really liked him I remember. So did Bama. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

JB Grimes really liked him I remember. So did Bama. 

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr they both should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

Edited by milehighfan

Just now, milehighfan said:

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.  I hope we snag another lineman, but I'm excited to see Grimes unleash the offensive line's full potential. Herb never could seem to figure out his line configurations.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.  I hope we snag another lineman, but I'm excited to see Grimes unleash the offensive line's full potential. Herb never could seem to figure out his line configurations.

But he could probably teach all of them their way around the kitchen.

• Haha 1

If a JUCO OL pops up on radar besides Anderson, could we still sign them?  Maybe, we get a surprise!

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If a JUCO OL pops up on radar besides Anderson, could we still sign them?  Maybe, we get a surprise!

Yes but there are very few available that have not already signed. Plus any left at this point would be a stretch for SEC ball.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yes but there are very few available that have not already signed. Plus any left at this point would be a stretch for SEC ball.

better save your scholarship for the real deal in 2019.  Are there any remote possibilities of a flip surprise?

Do you like our chances with Caleb Johnson?  From what I am reading, he has a lot of upside.  If by chance we luck out and get him and Langham, this would be great.

29 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Didn't JB recruit Kim? If Grimes did recruit Kim and Carr they both should be tickled s--tless he is coming back on staff. But, that's just one man's opinion.

More than one man's opinion.

Grimes recruited half the OLs on the roster. 

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Thats great to hear. Thanks for the info.

Horton, Harrell, Kim, Carr and Sharp are all Grimes guys. We were pretty excited about that class at the time and Harrell and Horton have made good for sure.

47 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are there any remote possibilities of a flip surprise?

No clue. I think we add a transfer or 2. I don't have any names other than Anderson.

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Do you like our chances with Caleb Johnson? 

Not sure. Depends on if we get Langham. I'm not sure we would take both even though I would prefer we do.

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

More than one man's opinion.

Grimes recruited half the OLs on the roster. 

And Braden Smith

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

Agreed. It goes to show Herb Hand probably lacked an eye for talent and development.

How does Kim flopping suggest anything about Hand? If anything the much more realistic scenario is that Grimes made the error in judgement, considering that he's the one who recruited and signed the kid who can't get on the field.

Just now, bigbird said:

And Braden Smith

To be fair, Grimes thought Braden was going to be an OT for a good while.

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

How does Kim flopping suggest anything about Hand? If anything the much more realistic scenario is that Grimes made the error in judgement, considering that he's the one who recruited and signed the kid who can't get on the field.

leading the SEC is sacks allowed, the constant shuffling of lineman, inability to field THE starting line prior to the first few games.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No clue. I think we add a transfer or 2. I don't have any names other than Anderson.

Not sure. Depends on if we get Langham. I'm not sure we would take both even though I would prefer we do.

It would make sense to nab both if possible. Too much good talent to pass on. Lets hope and see!