Next OL Coach?

WarEagle1982

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Which direction do they go now?  Needs to be a quick hire.  Stacy Searels?  Currently OL Coach at The U.  Any good NFL guys out of a job currently?

I disagree.  We don't need it quick.  We are barely in it for just a couple guys left this cycle.  

The right thing to do is take our time and get the right coach for the job.  If it happens quick, great.  If it takes a month, great.  

7 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Maybe we should look to the Big Ten and pull the guy from Wisc or Mich St.

That didn't work out so well for Arkansas when they had that plan... Just saying. 

18 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

That didn't work out so well for Arkansas when they had that plan... Just saying. 

BB brought his OLine coach with him and they were great until he left for uga. 

- lied stole him from UNC.

50 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I disagree.  We don't need it quick.  We are barely in it for just a couple guys left this cycle.  

The right thing to do is take our time and get the right coach for the job.  If it happens quick, great.  If it takes a month, great.  

I'm with you.  Let's get a quality coach first.  If it takes past signing day, so be it.  Priority is to get someone good.  Then he can coach up the talent we have.

39 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

Offer bammers OL coach. Brent Key. Doubt he will come but why not.Sam Pittman from UGA I rate.

And strength coach

8 minutes ago, Roos said:

What about Rick Trickett? is he any good, been at FSU forever

Hasn't been good the last couple years but certainly has a lot of experience. Their OL got their QB killed last year and unfortunately this year with him going down and out for the rest of the season. They got a little better as the season went a long but the back up QB was often was running for his life too. 

57 minutes ago, Roos said:

What about Rick Trickett? is he any good, been at FSU forever

Trickett is the least popular person at every stop in his career. Loathed in Tallahassee.  His last stint at AU ended in catastrophe...never again.

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Trickett is the least popular person at every stop in his career. Loathed in Tallahassee.  His last stint at AU ended in catastrophe...never again.

Matter of fact, IIRC, Cubelic had choice things to say about him back in the day...

35 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

For those who wanted Hand gone, there ya go.

I gotta' admit, I'm pretty pleased.  Thank you very much.  Hopefully this will be another step in the Gus Malzahn evolution.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

A coach that fits CCL's scheme and philosophy for his offense

"His offense" lol

Searels coached the offensive line at Georgia for four seasons. He added the duties of running game coordinator in 2009. During his time in Athens, the Bulldogs ranked in the top 25 in the nation in fewest sacks allowed three times, including ranking sixth and leading the SEC in 2009 with just 12...........

I got this from searels bio. I thought this was one of the most impressive stats.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

"His offense" lol

Yes lol!  We have to have an OL coach that can get those kids to block the run up the middle every time we make a first down.  For some reason we never seem to block that play very well. :beer2:

I would love to see less of the zone blocking scheme.  Defenses that stunt or disguise their blitzes well seem to leave our OL confused as to whom to block in that scheme.

16 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I would love to see less of the zone blocking scheme.  Defenses that stunt or disguise their blitzes well seem to leave our OL confused as to whom to block in that scheme.

Not if they were coached well

I don't know their names, but Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Georgia always seem to have has a strong offensive line. Maybe one of those coaches would be a great fit to be Auburn's offensive line coach.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I don't know their names, but Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Georgia always seem to have has a strong offensive line. Maybe one of those coaches would be a great fit to be Auburn's offensive line coach.

53S4VJs.gif

I always read your posts in this monotone voice lol.

Archived