Next OL Coach?

WarEagle1982

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not if they were coached well

Well you are probably correct.  Zone Blocking schemes are used by a bunch of people.  It just seems like we at times don't execute properly which may be coaching.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

53S4VJs.gif

I always read your posts in this monotone voice lol.

It's actually more fun to read it like this...

Bobcat-Goldthwait-Police-Academy-3.jpg

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

It's actually more fun to read it like this...

Bobcat-Goldthwait-Police-Academy-3.jpg

YESSIR!!!! You are right. That was more fun.

6 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Which direction do they go now?  Needs to be a quick hire.  Stacy Searels?  Currently OL Coach at The U.  Any good NFL guys out of a job currently?

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I know Searels is an Auburn grad but seems like read something awhile back and he didn't exactly sing the praises of having played on the plains. :dunno:

I believe that Searels was offered the OL job several years back, and he declined the offer. Would love to see him return to the Plains. I think he is an excellent OL coach.

2 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I believe that Searels was offered the OL job several years back, and he declined the offer. Would love to see him return to the Plains. I think he is an excellent OL coach.

I think he is THE perfect OL coach for a chip lindsey offense. He was under the richt tree for the longest time. He is one of the best pass blocking OL coaches in the business. Which is always the hardest to do. Most teams struggle in pass pro.

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

I disagree.  We don't need it quick.  We are barely in it for just a couple guys left this cycle.  

The right thing to do is take our time and get the right coach for the job.  If it happens quick, great.  If it takes a month, great.  

While I agree that you don't rush an important hire like OL coach, I don't agree that we have no recruits to lose. We are still in it for a couple of good ones, and we really need to land one of them, IMHO.

5 hours ago, leglessdan said:

And strength coach

If he can bring his pill satchel with him :)

Word has it that Searels' daughter is a student at Auburn. I'm hoping Momma and baby girl call him home...

Just now, Roos said:

Where does Searel's coach now?

back with richt at miami.

15 minutes ago, Roos said:

Where does Searel's coach now?

Miami, with Coach Richt.

1. I trust Richt (his coaching tree)

2.  He knows and can recruit GA

3.  He is recruiting FL

4. Auburn man

good enough for me

33 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I would go after Bob Bostad, if we could get him to leave.

He was reviled by his players during his time with the Titans, moved to LB's on his return to Madison.  Please do tell why you would go after him?

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

He was reviled by his players during his time with the Titans, moved to LB's on his return to Madison.  Please do tell why you would go after him?

He has always gotten the most out of his talent at the collegiate level.  Knows how to make an offensive line a unit.  Understands zone blocking/power run scheme.  Put numerous guys in the NFL that were 3 stars or less, walk ons included.  Plays the best guys and has his guys ready to play.

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Miami, with Coach Richt.

I don’t remember him playing at Auburn. Through all these years of hearing his name in coaching discussions I swore he was black. 

7 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t remember him playing at Auburn. Through all these years of hearing his name in coaching discussions I swore he was black. 

He played back during the Pat Dye years.  All-American in '87. 

i don"t know anything about what makes a great O-line coach but, if you follow his twitter, he is always breaking down blocking film and seems like he knows what he is talking about. 

Just now, autigersj said:

i don"t know anything about what makes a great O-line coach but, if you follow his twitter, he is always breaking down blocking film and seems like he knows what he is talking about. 

I agree with you that Cole knows his X's and O's, but Cole would be as green of a hire as you could find. Former player with no coaching experience at any level (that I'm aware of). 

I'm not saying that Cole can't coach, but he'd need to work his way up the ladder and prove himself just like anyone else.

On a side note, Cole takes himself way too seriously for my taste. 

11 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Word has it that Searels' daughter is a student at Auburn. I'm hoping Momma and baby girl call him home...

She does and works in the AD.

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I agree with you that Cole knows his X's and O's, but Cole would be as green of a hire as you could find. Former player with no coaching experience at any level (that I'm aware of). 

I'm not saying that Cole can't coach, but he'd need to work his way up the ladder and prove himself just like anyone else.

Cole is a good dude but has no desire to be a coach and not sure he’d be a good one if he did.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

He definitely does a good job of selling the "old school, hard-nosed" persona. And it's probably legit. I don't see myself enjoying a beer with him unless I just really wanted to geek out on OL skills. But yeah, he's said on twitter that he doesn't want to coach and isn't qualified. And his career as a broadcaster/whatever-you-call-sports-media-guys-who-are-active-on-twitter-now seems to be progressing nicely. He's found a niche and is developing quite a following of guys who pretend to enjoy blocking pr0n. It's like there's a craft football movement. 

Archived