Next OL Coach?

WarEagle1982

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Cole and his followers? 

Always gotta love it when Will Ferrell makes an appearance.

Cole is more of a DB guy, I think. I keep waiting for him and Bird to throw hands. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Always gotta love it when Will Ferrell makes an appearance.

Cole is more of a DB guy, I think. I keep waiting for him and Bird to throw hands. 

We are talking about the same Cole, right? 

JB Grimes resigned from Uconn this morning. I don’t think we’d go after him but it is weird that he resigned a day after herb.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We are talking about the same Cole, right? 

Holy crap. No. I was thinking about our lovable, cuddly Cole from da 256. 

Of all the McLoofuses you've known, I assure you that I am the least intelligent. 

Re-hiring JB Grimes is meh to me.  He was better than Herb Hand, but it would have been nice for Gus to hire some new blood instead of a retread.

wde

Glad we did not get someone that the forum could agree on .....JB will keep this place humming for the next few years.   Someone we never heard of would get a little bit of a honeymoon but folks will be on JB's rear end starting with the AD game....pretty sure of that. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Glad we did not get someone that the forum could agree on .....JB will keep this place humming for the next few years.   Someone we never heard of would get a little bit of a honeymoon but folks will be on JB's rear end starting with the AD game....pretty sure of that. 

I was a big fan at the time he left. Perhaps he'll put the lone blemish on Father Time's record.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We wouldn't want to have dull offseason, now would we?

16 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I gotta' admit, I'm pretty pleased.  Thank you very much.  Hopefully this will be another step in the Gus Malzahn evolution.

...or maybe not.

Like me getting my pair of Trask saddle oxfords re-soled and new laces put in 'em.  They are so freaking comfortable, bison leather solid and never go out of style, but there's a lot of other really different (better?) looks I could probably move up to.  Definitely not a bad thing.

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t remember him playing at Auburn. Through all these years of hearing his name in coaching discussions I swore he was black. 

They were "my" years....with Bo...1985-1987-ish.  At that time, I was little into football, but I think most of our eyes were on BO.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus just doesn"t know how to hire top young assist coaches, and he never will.

Sometimes it's best not to post ... 

5 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

FailingNimbleArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Maybe the AU athletics offices need a beer tap, ping pong tables, a fridge with cold brew coffee, some Google stairs for lounging, and sleeping pods.  That's what all the young professionals expect these days.

1 hour ago, autigersj said:

Cool, we hired the guy we fired...

Fired him? Do you have a link to that? I would like to read it is my understanding he left for two reasons. One was the ongoing cancer treatment he was receiving and the other was the opportunity to coach with his son, who was a GA at Cincinnati. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And mostly we complain about the young guys not having enough experience.....and we don't have the patience to let them learn a little bit while they are here. 

Archived