Offseason Coaching Changes

WarEagle2423

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this means Kodi will get a nee job and we can have a qualified WR coach, a true TE coach, and an OC or HC(depending on who is actually in charge) who can run an effective O that isn't so easily derailed. 

8 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Hopefully this means Kodi will get a nee job and we can have a qualified WR coach, a true TE coach, and an OC or HC(depending on who is actually in charge) who can run an effective O that isn't so easily derailed. 

Fire take, bro.

22 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I expect at least two more changes in the staff. 

Can you elaborate? TIA

41 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

IMO Brown and Horton will be gone. 

Horton, I get.  Seems like he has been trying to leave for years.  Brown is a bit strange to me.  Didn't he just get here last year?  Why would he leave?

10 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Brown is a bit strange to me.  Didn't he just get here last year?  Why would he leave?

He's a job hopper. Could be what he does.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Preciate it.

Horton leaves, Porter takes over RB/ST.

Brown leaves, McGee leaves UGA. Woodson and McGee share DB duties.

Woodson recruits MS, McGee GA, Porter LA. Share duties with on AL/FL/TN. All our bases covered...

(somewhat tongue and cheek)

37 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Horton leaves, Porter takes over RB/ST.

Brown leaves, McGee leaves UGA. Woodson and McGee share DB duties.

Woodson recruits MS, McGee GA, Porter LA. Share duties with on AL/FL/TN. All our bases covered...

(somewhat tongue and cheek)

That would still leave us with one spot to fill :)

Speaking of coaching changes, I read that Bammer is thinking about hiring Hugh Freeze. Also,  I wonder if anyone will hire Les Miles. I'd trust Miles to be on my staff more then I would Freeze.

19 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If we could get Dell McGee back from UGA, I would be OK with this other then we are losing our best coach on the O side of the ball in Horton.

wde

19 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Usually, by now, we hear about an OC opening that is interested in Horton. Any clue who might be looking at him?

On a side note, the rumor (via a Fox Sports Tweet) is that University of Texas San Antonio is after Borges as their OC.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Usually, by now, we hear about an OC opening that is interested in Horton. Any clue who might be looking at him?

On a side note, the rumor (via a Fox Sports Tweet) is that University of Texas San Antonio is after Borges as their OC.

Borges is gone. The Fox Sports Tweet is correct.  Losing Horton will be a big loss since he is the best coach on the O side of the ball.

wde

all in all a rather stable year for Auburn coaches. i think we are also developing a consistent offensive and defensive philosophy. I look forward to seeing what a stable system brings about next year. 

11 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Borges is gone. The Fox Sports Tweet is correct.  Losing Horton will be a big loss since he is the best coach on the O side of the ball.

wde

I definitely don't want to lose Horton. I'm just surprised people are saying he's gone when, unlike years past, there's no chatter of another school trying to snag him as their OC.  He's never flirted with a lateral move, only moving up.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I definitely don't want to lose Horton. I'm just surprised people are saying he's gone when, unlike years past, there's no chatter of another school trying to snag him as their OC.  He's never flirted with a lateral move, only moving up.

Long history with Gus...maybe he asked him to keep it under wraps until after NSD?

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Long history with Gus...maybe he asked him to keep it under wraps until after NSD?

Thing is, he wouldn't be able to do that by himself. The news usually leaks from reporters covering the school who's looking. At the moment, unlike years past, I'm having trouble even finding a list of schools looking for an OC.

Archived